Barclaycard Section 75 Claim Rejected

Arwen12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In August I booked to do a training course but it turned out to be a complete waste of time and money.

It was very expensive (nearly £5000) so I asked the trainer for a refund. Unsurprisingly, they refused. I therefore contacted Barclaycard to make a claim under section 75 for breach of contract and misrepresentation.

This week (2 months after I submitted the claim) I received a letter from them asking me to call them. When I did I was informed that they’re rejecting my claim as the supplier of the course used PayPal as their credit card processor.

I’m aware that payments made using the PayPal website aren’t covered by section 75 but I didn’t pay in this way - I gave the supplier my credit card details over the phone and they presumably used PayPal’s virtual terminal to process the payment.

My understanding of this is that paying in this way is just like using a card machine from any other card processor and it should therefore be covered.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Edited by Arwen12