letter from hmrc and concentrix

lynzfa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i received a letter today from the hmrc/concentrix about hours ive worked from april-december 2014

as they think my tax credits are wrong

it says they want my wage slips for the full 8 months which i will have to get copies of.

However my problem is that i work in a hotel so my hours are never the same.

During summer i do my 16 hours a week sometimes 20 but then during winter im lucky if i get 8 hours a week

.Until now this has averaged out with the extra hours in summer but now they are wanting to see the earnings for each week

now im worried as i havent done a full 16 hours for the last 3 month as at this time of year all hotels are quiet.

Has anyone else had the same letter and could anyojne give me some advice on how i can deal with this as i cant afford to lose my tax credits.

How many hours are you contracted to work?

How many hours have you told tax credits you work per week?

Is it a joint or single claim? Children? Disabilities?

You cannot average your hours out over the year. If at anytime your hours dropped below the qualifying level for 4 weeks or more then you would have had to end your claim for working tax credits.

my hours are supposed to be 16 hours per week.it should be contracted to 16 but i never got the contract to sign.It is a single claim i have one son with a disability so i get dla and carers alowance.So does that mean during winter they expect me to go on the dole just because im not doing my 16 hours

sorry forgot to say i have 3 children but only have one with a disability

As a single parent you need to work 16 hours per week to claim working tax credits. If you don't work the required hours for 4 weeks or more then you need to stop claiming working tax credits. Child tax credits would still continue.

I couldn't say what other benefits you would be entitled to but would imagine it would be either JSA or Income Support.

there is nothing i can do?

.sorry im just panicking a bit as usually

all i do is my annual review amd

my money works out over the year for what my 16 hours would be

so they have never checked it until now with this new lot getting involved.

dont even know why they are working with them lol

so basically there is nothing i can do.sorry im just panickinh a bit as usually all i do is my annual review amd my money works out over the year for what my 16 hours would be so they have never checked it until now with this new lot getting involved.dont even know why they are working with them lol

I understand what you are saying but tax credits doesn't allow you to average your hours over the year. It does tell you on your award letters to report any changes in your circumstances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/343499/tc602sn.pdf

You are expected to keep them informed of these changes, not to wait for them to ask.

Tax credits have had compliance checks since they began, it's not new. The only new thing is concentrix and there are various reasons why they use them.

I've had the same letter today from Tax Credits, asking what both mine and my husbands hours/pay were from April 14-Dec 14. we've had loads of changes in a short space of time so I guess they're just checking. They're asking for payslips etc but my husband hasn't got his, we sent them off for Carer's Allowance and they've still got them. Neither of us are working now (I'm awaiting heart/lung transplant and he's my carer), but prior to this we were both working (me 26 hours and him 39 hours approx).

Not sure if I should be worried.

hi all - ihave today received the same letter and been trying to call them all day - not msure if it was a [problem] as they asked for all mybank details and bills and they want me to send them in - when I asked them 'why' they said there was evidence of another adult living at the same address - turns out the other adult is me as I am still using my married name on a couple of banks - this is coming up on the equifax report but then she said 'oh i can see now that both have the same date of birth ' numptys but they still want me to send that stuff and I simply dont have time for it - im not sure if its a [problem] as if they know that I am the same person why are they still wanting the info as itsa ll on line i cant get it to them -

numptys

all i can say is they are absolute poppycocks

I feel your pain.

I closed my claim aug 2014, have been asked to send in mortgage/rent/bank/CSA (never had a penny since my son was 4)/utility bills....you name it they want it - Im not even self-employed! HMRC never asked for my autobiography!

We will stop your tax credits - go ahead - I aint even getting any!!!

so, just rang them, asked for case number, asked how they could help.

'you've sent me a letter re: tax credits, which I no longer claim as my son was 18 last year'

'sorry but the systems are down so i cant update your details' (why dya ask then?)

'you will probably have to send in proof of his age'

'NO, I dont need to do that as HMRC have his details and run child benefit system, which I am also no longer claiming, plus his date of birth is on your system'

needless to say I have got to ring back later to check if system is up....give me strength. so bloody annoyed!

Like I havent got better things to do than be ringing them with unnecessary info.

I've had that letter too saying that they believe another adult lives here, I recently moved into this house before Xmas, I think they think the previous tenant still lives here, if I give them the council's details will the council be able to give them.her forwarding address. Now I've gotta send em loads of paperwork to prove I live here alone with my son, cos obviously previous tenant hasn't updated her address information

if i was to send allmy bank statements ect its was and wads of stuff and will cost a fortune to send (what happened to the internet ?) . I spoke to them again and spoke to a guy who said he could see the 'mistake' and said just send a letter . then i spoke to another lady today (sounded chinese with broken English ) who couldnt understand me at all. the thing i i do have another bank account with my was ex boyfrield and we used to save for holidays with that one but he lives somewhere else - my ex hubby also still has a joint with me as he pays some bills like school trips and tries to help - concentifix of whatever they are called said its not that but credit on my other name which i havent changed my credit/debit card and ive been using that a lotl recently to pay for a college course , i think they are wasting tax payers money on sstupidity -

ok there are real people who try to dodge the system but not seeing that i am this same perss ludicrous and if you call them they are so buys as they have sent out so much letter to everyone - the letter that it got sent to me made me sound like a crimminal and what they would do about my tax credits - no mention of how they would deal with it as they have made a MISTAKE what i cant understand is how they cant see that its the same person with the same national insurance number and i still have to get that letterto them and cost me a bxxxxy stamp

on tiop of everything else i have an eyesight problem and cant see the keyboads very well - apologies for the scriop[p

lyndx - i think that the average hours are for over the year (not just for the 3 months) so tell them that when you write in and that your expected working hours increase for the summer - i do try to tell them all my updates my self as i have recently started 2 part-time jobs and i am also self-emplouyed as well - so i make sure that everything is update - when i called them they said ok thats fine

• 2 weeks later...
I've had that letter too saying that they believe another adult lives here, I recently moved into this house before Xmas, I think they think the previous tenant still lives here, if I give them the council's details will the council be able to give them.her forwarding address. Now I've gotta send em loads of paperwork to prove I live here alone with my son, cos obviously previous tenant hasn't updated her address information

Hi ive now had the same letter they saying they have evidence that another adult live in this house. I have a partner but he only stay weekends nothing of his letter/clothes are here. I still get bills/solicitors letters come here for the other tentent. Ive not called them up yet its so upsetting as I called tax credit up to say my partner had moved in full time from 19th jan but they said I had to wait for this letter to come and phone them up. They want all my bank/bills stuff right from april last year. Im hoping its just to do with the other tenrent that used to live here.

mel, he either lives there or he doesnt - if he lives at another address and comes to you for the weekend why do you tell tax credits that he lives with you full time ffrom 19th jan when he comes the weekend? unless he has moved in and is paying for things.

It is probably then to do with the other tenant but i would check the credit rating on the ppty as somethtimes there can be a loan taken out in previous tenats names and they have your address on the records . If you still get bills solicitors lettss for that other tenat it is illegal to open them , the envelpes should be marked 'return to sender moved out;' and put back in the post box. i had a problem whern i moved from the other address and the new person did not return my mail and although i told everyone i could think of my new address i got my P45 went there as well as a small gas bill for 3 pounds which was supposed to be for my ex as he discontinued the gas just beofre exchange of contracts and that new person did not return the mail and i ended up with a 25 pound gas bill as they said 'they couldnt find me' evern thought they new my new address they chased me for the mo9ney which i didnt know was due as the gas had been cut by that time . also the p45 didnt emerge and my work said they cant send a replacement now as too late.

Just had the same we have evidence that there is another adult living in the house impossible to get through to them doing a bit of fishing i think this outsourced at enormous expense capita clone is simply running a credit check and if anyone ex wife etc is linked firing off threat letter spoke to hmrc they had all the divordce details years ago ex wife went bankrupt so OR closed any joint accounts and hmrc are 100% satisfied claim is genuine but cant interfere with contract holder insane

The HMRC contract winner was

Synnex-Concentrix UK Limited

Postal address: Tower 42, Level 23, 25 Old Broad Street

Town: London

Postal code: EC2N 1HQ

Edited by honeybee13
Email addy removed.

Hiya...

When Concentrix request your payslips etc, how long should they keep them? Over two weeks now and I haven't had them posted back which worries me as it's personal information such as original copies of payslips etc.

Is this normal?

Thank you in advance :-)

The HMRC contract winner was

Synnex-Concentrix UK Limited

Postal address: Tower 42, Level 23, 25 Old Broad Street

Town: London

Postal code: EC2N 1HQ

Email:

hessey, can you please advise where you obtained this email address from? Is it in the public domain ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hiya...

When Concentrix request your payslips etc, how long should they keep them? Over two weeks now and I haven't had them posted back which worries me as it's personal information such as original copies of payslips etc.

Is this normal?

Thank you in advance :-)

I would have thought they would only keep them for as long as required. Do they need to keep them on file for future reference ?

If they are copies, then I am not seeing the problem - I would be very concerned if they were requesting originals though !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

googled concentrix hmrc contract and up it pops from HMRC procurement interestingly Award criteria Cost effectiveness weighting 40 quality 15 security 10 finally got though 45 mins on phone with muzac demanding all docs already previously sent advised them no I am not repeatedly sending you the same docs written letter to hmrc as Concentrix claim no complaints process sending holding letter gist you have already got all this ask me for something you havent got or I will apply under TCA2002/s19(9) for trib to rule that they must make decision or show grounds for continuation ..this does not mean the Trib is deciding the result just if its unreasonable to not make a decision or grant then more time you can still appeal the decision just makes hmrc/Concentrix actually look to see if they have a case or are fishing.

Of course they may say they are anot bound by the same rules as HMRC which would be interesting You would think after all the outsourcing disasters the Gov would have learned a call centre company really has no place as a "cheap" investigating officer

Hi, I've had the same letter, saying they have evidence that another adult live in this house.

Called the number to sort this out only to be told ' systems down ' and to write in.

Wrote in stating the person they believed i was living with, has never lived here. Letter was sent recorded.

Received back another copy of the original letter.

Called them again only to be told ' systems are down again '

So either i'm unlucky or their systems are always down. I asked if they could take my details, confirm that they had received my letter, but sadly this option was not available....complete waste of time.

Stay off the phone. Keep everything in writing (and get proof of posting), then you have a clear paper trail when they make a mess of things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.