• Tweets

• Its a common wheeze to put a no parking outside opening hours on KFC and other places like cinema complexws with fast food outlets, The original planning permission doesn't permit such stuff quite often,
    • Good afternoon.   I am a member of Anytime Fitness on a rolling-monthly contract.   In March 2021, my home gym (Aldgate) sent an e-mail asking members to continue paying, freeze, or cancel their membership. If you didn't reply they would automatically keep taking payments.   Me (being naive and stupid), didn't reply to their email. My £40 a month D/D payments continued. These would be reduced to 50% once gyms opened again. I paid 100% (£40) Apr, May, Jun, Jul, and 50% (£20) in Aug, Sep, Oct.   I DID attend the gym July - October, so I am owed 3 'half-months' and around a week (from July) of payments from Aldgate.   My home gym then switched to Lewisham in November by default as I had visited that gym more. Lewisham charged me the 50% for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and this went back up to 100% (£40) in April.   Again I DID attend Lewisham in Nov and Dec outside of restrictions. I have also attended the gym this month. Therefore I have overpaid them by at least a month, plus the latter part of December. It gets even more confusing as their basic membership fee is £24.95.   Aldgate will not refund me, nor will they transfer what I essentially overpaid to Lewisham, despite the gym being one-brand it is ran by a different franchisee. Lewisham are not so quick at replying to e-mails. They said I can talk to their management when I next visit, but I want to keep everything written (even if it is electronically) for now. I am however going in there tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind.    Anytime Fitness don't have a central 'complaints/info' e-mail, they essentially just push you off to the individual clubs.   Should I just try claiming a refund though my bank? All payments are made to a company called Clubwise, which I am told is a membership payment system that all ATF gyms use.   Many thanks.  
    • Hi all,   I'll try and summarise this mess briefly.   I have approximately £45,000 in credit card debt from the UK. I moved abroad a number of years ago (outside of EU). Up until now I was making minimum repayments, and had never missed a payment. It's got to a point where I can no longer continue making the payments, and I never told them of my address change (the address listed is my last UK address, which is my parent's home). I was basically using one of the cards with money available to pay off the other minimum payments using Revolut, and now of course i've run out of money. I have no spare money available, nor anyone that can help, so I believe my only choice of action is to stop paying. My CC accounts are with Lloyds Group, Tesco & HSBC.   From asking a different forum, my understanding is that if I do not intend to make payments I should cancel the direct debits first of all, then eventually all the accounts will default. I also was recommended to send letters with proof of postage to the creditors regarding my address change so they don't hound my parents, and have my correct contact info. I managed to find the address to use for Lloyds & Tesco, but I cannot find a postal address for HSBC anywhere. Is anyone able to help me with that please?   To answer some questions, I don't plan to return to the UK anytime soon. I don't have any assets in the UK, my bank account that had the direct debits is not connected to the creditors, does not have an overdraft, and the only money that was in there was to cover the payments. Also, I've been out of the country longer than the amount of time bankruptcy would be an option. I'm not particularly proud of what i'm doing, but feel like the only option is to have a fresh start from the worry of my UK debts.   Does anyone have any advice, or suggestions on my plan, and if i've missed anything? When the phone calls/letters/emails start should I respond/respond in a particular way/ignore? I guess at this stage without missed payments, this month will be the 1st time anything is noted, so i'm not sure when the messages will start.   Thanks for your time.
    • But I was fighting this claim thanks to you lot and your help last year. I genuinely don't know what happened to the court papers or the LBA that preceded it, and can only assume that it defaulted due to my having returned one envelope unopened back to ELMS Legal that maybe contained the LBA etc. A costly lesson although I'm inclined to just ignore it and swallow the CCJ for 6 years rather than give them a penny!
    • thats the defence you would have filed had they not scammed you by purposefully getting a backdoor ccj to an old address, when 1 min free search of your credit file they could have found your correct address for the date they filed the claim,    and thats what you will put on your N244
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Ford Focus C-Max 2003 Dashboard Warning light

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my partners car has had a warning light show up. It is a picture of a cog. Upon research he has found out it apparently means "fuel additive to be checked every 37,000 miles". Can anybody tell me what this means, and which fuel additive we're talking about and what additive needs to be added and where? Also a steering wheel with an exclamation mark in the picture of the steering wheel

Many thanks

Is this an old car? I seem to remember that in the early days of unleaded fuel it was necessry to add a substance to fuel to make it compatible with an engine designed for leaded fuel. However, I thought that it had to be added with every fill-up.

I think that you need to provide vehicle details

if its a pic of a red cog with an exclamation mark in the middle it means theres a prob with the powertrain,the steering wheel sign means theres something wrong with the power steering,might be leaking,needs topping up,go and tell the garage

Is this an old car? I seem to remember that in the early days of unleaded fuel it was necessry to add a substance to fuel to make it compatible with an engine designed for leaded fuel. However, I thought that it had to be added with every fill-up.

The only other info I have is its a Mark 1. if that helps :o)

if its a pic of a red cog with an exclamation mark in the middle it means theres a prob with the powertrain,the steering wheel sign means theres something wrong with the power steering,might be leaking,needs topping up,go and tell the garage
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on :o)

Bankfodder he says its a 2003 car,it shouldnt need additives to the fuel,i know some of the old leaded petrol ones used to need lead replacement putting in as you say but surely from 2003 it shouldnt need that

The sign you are seeing is a powertrain issue one. The fuel additive is available from Ford and is for the first generation diesel particulate filters to enable them to re generate/clean themselves. The additive is injected in the front of the DPF and raises the temperature of the filter thus enabling the core to burn off the soot.

Never really worked particularly well though and was replaced by generation two and subsequent iterations.

Bankfodder he says its a 2003 car,it shouldnt need additives to the fuel,i know some of the old leaded petrol ones used to need lead replacement putting in as you say but surely from 2003 it shouldnt need that

Sorry - it was all in the title - which I didn't read!!!

What sort of details would i need to give? age wise , its 11 - 12 years old.

You'd need to get the codes read as it's petrol. Assumed it was diesel as someone mentioned dosing. If you can get that done it's relatively easy to determine what the issue is, the clever bit is knowing why and that's where most garages get it wrong. They assume that because it shows a fault saying EGR fault for example, that particular part must be faulty but often it's not the actual fault. The fault could flag as the result of something else.

You should either get the codes read by a garage - or find a cheaper way to do that. (For example ebay sells code readers for my VW for about £15 - I don't know about Fords).

Without the codes you are asking us to guess and that could lead you down the wrong path entirely.

Sorry - it was all in the title - which I didn't read!!!

Still, it's reassuring to have these 'old' advisors on here so nothing can get missed ;)

There are known faults with Ford clusters and have been for a good 7-8 years.

As in post #11, you need the codes read and then take it from there.

if you look on any popular auction site you can get a bluetooth code reader for about £4-£8, some of them have known issues with fords so check with the seller

it will connect to iphone or android on an app called torqe

been using one for a while on citroens and renaults perfect never had a ford in

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: