Three/H3G - Non DD Payment Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading the stickies at the top of this forum regarding charges/penalties being applied to a customers account for not paying by Direct Debit. I had a similar argument with Virgin Media, but rather than pursue it further with them, I cancelled my contract with them as I only had just over 30 days left to go anyway.

However, my attention was then aimed towards my mobile provider, Three/Hutchison 3G, also applying a 'Payment method administration charge' of £4.08 each month to both of my contracts with them. Technically, the 'Payment method administration charge' is just a fancy name they give for the Non DD Payment Charge.

I have politely asked Three to provide me with evidence that by not paying by Direct Debit each month causes them significant cost to process my payment. I have had one response so far.

Thank you for your email and I’m sorry if you think the non-recurring payment fee is unfair.

Ofcom’s review of additional charges in December 2008, updated in March 2010 following the judicial review, advises that the non-Direct Debit fee may be a core term, exempt from the regulations fairness test. We would agree with this statement, as this is the case with our terms and conditions.

A copy of this report can be found here http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/addcharges/statement/ .

The terms and conditions provide all the things you need to know about your package, with additional terms found in the price guide relevant to your package or tariff. When you insert your SIM card you confirm that you want Three to provide you with our services. The above mentioned non-recurring payment fee is detailed in the ‘other services’ section of this guide. The terms and conditions and price guide are both available on our website at http://www.three.co.uk .

I hope this addresses your concerns. If you’d like any more details just let me know by reply.

What is my next course of action? Is this worth pursuing and are these charges actually unfair?

Thanks

I tried this avenue with them, its a no go sadly. I even attempted court and it was thrown out.

Honestly, its not worth the hassle...

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis