• Tweets

• Yes she went back to them and asked them to remove the cancellation however the girl on the phone went to ask someone and came back and said she couldn’t.   Thing is they then tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure, I contacted a broker and got it down to £760, she went back to them and they miraculously could do it for £690!!  It feels like they are using this to fleece her, her previous ins was £300.   I will get her to write a complaint to them...do you know if there’s an insurance ombudsman she could contact?    I just feel it would have been fair fair to suspend the ins pending the court outcome!    Thankyou.
    • Hi,    Yes my daughter drove through a red light.   Yes her DVLA was still registered to her previous address at Uni hence them not being able to contact her hence the MS90.   This is her 1st car and she simply didn’t think to re register her car to our address she genuinely forgot!  However we left our forwarding address with the letting agent but the house was subsequently sold and the new owner used a different letting agency so communication was lost.   The courts enlisted the bailiffs and when the current tenant found her via Facebook she was genuinely mortified as she had no idea that she had broken this light.   She immediately rang the bailiffs and court who advised her to make The Statuary Declaration, whilst waiting for that date to arrive she thought she better ring the insurance company to explain what was happening thinking they may have to suspend her policy however they cancelled it on the spot she asked them not to but they just went ahead charging her £50 to do so.   At court after she explained what had happened the court dropped the MS90, and reduced the points and fine to what it would have been originally.   Going back to the insurance company they said they couldn’t remove the cancelled policy and it would show on her record for life and tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure!!  Previously it had been £300 as she had built up 2 years no claims.   I contacted a broker who said he could insure her for £760, she went back to her original insurance company, Admiral who then said they could now do it for £690!!  How can they suddenly do that sounds unscrupulous to me and that they are using this cancellation to now fleece her!!   She is a medical student and needs the car to get to the different places she is working on placement but can’t afford to pay this extortionate amount of money.  I would expect her policy to go up a bit but would say max £500 is proportionate?    I will I’ll get her to contact them Regards making a complaint in writing as you have suggested.   Thank you.    
    • I’m not sure who you mean by the OD and do you want me to see if the PDL is enforceable or not pay it at all?   And what should I do about the NatWest? Surly there’s a case getting it wiped if the charges came from them charging me for a PBA that I had told them to close and they said they had. Also am I paying the credit cards back in full or trying to get a reduced settlement?   Thanks Andrew 
    • Initial payments have already come in - we wouldn't have started otherwise. There's about £3,500 outstanding. The £800 was verbally agreed initially, but later correspondence from the customer shows that he's accepted the £800 for the extra work.
    • Each should send a cpr 31:14? Cant produce signed documents = no liability??
  • Our picks

debsdarlo

CCJ - ORDER TO ATTEND FOR QUESTIONING- n39

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1718 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an hearing on Jan 29th - was charged a further fee of £50 for this application -

I have now managed to obtain funds - family and selling stuff on ebay to be in position to repay the outstanding balance of £760.

My question is - can this hearing be then cancelled ?

will the other party try and claim more costs on top ? -

This debt was nearly £8,000 and in a year I have sold goods, belongings, jewellery and £2,000 from my Mum and also used some of my student finance hardship fund and sold my touring caravan to pay - yet still I have been hounded dispite the court only ordering me to pay £20 a month.

Did you ever fill the form in so you only had to pay what you could afford? And the creditor would be forced to accept?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yes did all that but they're still wanting proof and

I suspect as the debt at that time was over 3k

- I think they were trying to put a charge on my house but cant do that now as debt is under 1k.

If you had filled the form in you could have given an income and expenditure form in.

Anyway. Order for questioning is the same thing. To assess your circumstances and find out a repayment. You have to attend otherwise it gets much worse.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

don't have to attend if its all paid off though do I? has judgement will be satisfied

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Most Order to attends have a penal notice attached which means you can be sent to prison for not attending(one of the only ways you can now be sent to prison for refusing to deal with a civil debt).

The paperwork and hearing has been issued so the charge has been incurred by the creditor and added by the court to the debt as part if the ota.

If you have full payment, you should be making to direct to the client and at the same time making sure they give you proof that the account is settled. They should then contact the courts to remove the hearing. I would advise that you then chase the court to confirm the hearing has been cancelled.

If they don't confirm it, I would attend anyway just on the off chance something has gone wrong. Hassle I know, but less hassle than the alternative if it has gone wrong.

And dont forget any person ordered to attend can ask to be paid a sufficient sum to cover their travelling expenses (formerly called ‘conduct money’) to and from the court. Such a request should reach the claimant within 7 days of service of the order.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread