Cabot Financial/Marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is proof that Cabot and Marlin are owned by the same company

and the reason for this request is I am currently helping a friend and had a very interesting call with Cabot yesterday (recorded for accuracy and security purposes)

The information gleaned was to say the least interesting.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks andyorch

Just done a company check myself to verify what the agent told me yesterday that the two are connected and that I was given the name of the parent group as well

Having just read the director check website it really makes for interesting reading (Cabot/Marlin) then a director check on both companies

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Would a notice of change be classified as an assignment?

I had a debt with Cabot, in November I received a Notice of Change from Marlin. Now I'm being sued by Cabot yet I was under the understanding my account was now with Marlin. Are they trying to deliberately mislead people into thinking they are a different company?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I have a debt with Cabot that I have been paying since November last yr. I got a letter from Cabot and Marlin in the same envelope last year saying my debt has been handed to Marlin to administer on BEHALF of Cabot. Needless to say I just continued to pay Cabot direct not Marlin. Now Marlin have got Weightmans LLP involved also who are working on BEHALF of their client which is Marlin who in turn are working on BEHALF of Cabot. Weightmans are accepting my pay terms, however I have been paying Cabot. Sooooo my question is who the hell do I continue paying?. Should I write to Marlin and Weightmans stating I am paying Cabot (which they must know anyway). Don't want to get into a long winded battle just want to pay off my debts (having a fair few others too being paid). Thanks kindly.

You should start your own thread in relation to your debt and list as much detail as you can. Like what sort of debt it is you will receive better advice if you do so.

A DCA working for a DCA is always something fishy so please post up thanks

A debt purchaser is entitled to use whichever company it chooses to collect a debt, whether same group or external. So no reason for Cabot not to use Marlin. They tend to do so for more difficult cases. In fact this was one of the attractions Cabot highlighted when they bought Marlin. And no legal reason not to use Weightman. Either for collection or for litigation.

Roger this is someone else's thread. Have you questioned whether *any* of the characters named have the right to your money or are you just serving them obediently? Start your own thread if you would like help.

2Grumpy

Had a letter from Marlin saying that they are now part of Cabot

Also mentions that they really need to hear from me because they aren't getting any money ... shame

You should start your own thread as it will get lost in the information on this thread and you may not receive any responses

• 5 weeks later...

Found this on Marlin's blog, please note the date!

"From 2nd March 2015, Marlin Financial Services are now part of the Cabot Credit Management (CCM) group. In addition to this, we will be changing our name to Cabot Financial (Marlin). Due to this the Marlin Financial website is currently being updated to reflect this change."