Too ill to attend court. Help please!

Bailey2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently taking someone to court over an ebay dispute. The date is this Thursday the 8th. I am however too ill to attend and have been told by my doctor that I need complete bed rest for the next 7 days (serious pregnancy complications) and the court is a good 2 hour drive away.

Is it too late to get the hearing adjourned? The doctor said he would be able to supply a letter if needs be.

Thanks

Hi Bailey and welcome to CAG

Ring the court in question and ask.....if its too late to adjourn you can submit a Witness Statement if you wish to add anything further in your absence.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would also add that it would be a good idea to phone the other party and explain the position to them. If they are prepared to agree then an adjournment will be almost automatic.

In any event send a copy of the doctors certificate to the court - by fax and by email and explain the position. Mark it all "urgent" and address it to the office manage of the court. Send a copy by email or fax to the other party.

You may have difficulty getting through to the court by phone. Many of the courts seem to be dealing with resource shortages and customer-facing services are failing badly.

Get the documents off to them all first as a priority and then spend time wating on the phone afterwards when that is all done.