Reading London Street (Northern Section) Charge Certificate - No PCN received prior to this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah, as #12, without the correct pcn procedure the rest cant follow

snakes though, thought maybe their incorrect proced wld've seen them drop it :)

The fact that the OP didn't receive the original PCN does not constitute incorrect procedure. If they never sent it, it would, but so far as we know, they did send it. They've done what they are supposed to - in fact more than they had to, since they've now re-issued it. I think it's best to forget this procedure business and just get on with the appeal.

It looks my joy was short lived and Reading council working hard. They have re-issued the PCN and given me opportunity from the beginning. I am travelling next week so was inclined to pay £30 as discounted rate but thought to discuss it here before it. Here is the sequence of letters they sent me from very beginning.

1. 1st Letter - Charge Certificate (which they say cancelled).

2. 2nd Letter - Confirming this certificate has been cancelled.

3. 3rd Letter - New PCN

I must admit they were very quick this time to send PCN.

Edited by ajayms1980

Hello Jamberson,

I am not sure what ground I have to appeal so option is to cough up money but Council is no saint either.

Surprisingly, PCN number is same throughout. It's same PCN number as mentioned in Charge Certificate. Although, in letter they say that we are re-issuing this and cancelling the previous PCN and charge certificate but it looks they have just reprinted old PCN with new date of 05/02/2015 and sent it.

As this is CCTV bus lane offence, not sure if they are allowed to re-send same PCN or Need to re-issue a new one.

Morning all,

A query: what will be Date of PCN in this case, I mean PCN issued date. As per the New PCN sent, date says 05/02/2015. Does that count as "out of time" Notice (out of 28 days from 09/11/2014 although first one apparently they say they sent with in 28 days). Can it be ground for defence in this case?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...