Help with PIP

mafiaduck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

At start of December, my wifes ESA advisor told her to claim PIP in January (so not to be caught in december backlogs) However, we're not totally sure what it all entails or why we should claim it.

MY wife suffers from stress and anxiety, which cause panic attacks, she has asthma, and has osteoarthritis in her knee from a surgery that should never have been done (she was misdiagnosed when her knee kept coming out of socket) she is in constant pain with her knee, can't walk very far and relies on transport. Neither of us drive, but due to her anxiety buses are a nightmare and taxis are far more comfortable.

Our advisor knows this, and seems to think PIP should be a walk in the park. Claim it, receive it. Done deal. However, my mother recently applied it. She has a heart working at 10%, cant walk more than 100 yards without needing to pause, also has arthritis and various other medical difficulties that leave her on 20 tablets a day...and she was turned down, and her appeal refused.

So why does our advisor think it will be so easy? can anyone see? or does anyone have any advice?

I've no idea why your advisor thinks it's so easy to get PIP.

As that's so far from true.

We do have a few threads on here regarding it & if you have a read on the internet, as I did, you will also see this.

From my very limited experience, it's not about what diagnoses you have or medications you're on, it's about the needs of the person.

I'm sure the CAGgers with more experience will be along to help you further.

Hope you get it sorted! Good luck...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

[...] or does anyone have any advice?

Based on the posted experiences of a couple of people here, one piece of advice: Do not ring up and request the forms "just to see what is involved". You may well find they close the ESA claim in anticipation of receiving the PIP forms back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Based on the posted experiences of a couple of people here, one piece of advice: Do not ring up and request the forms "just to see what is involved". You may well find they close the ESA claim in anticipation of receiving the PIP forms back.

I dont see any reason that ESA would be closed in such a scenario

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

My mistake. It was in relation to a DLA claim, for further information, see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?428669-PIP-CAPITA-Frustration.-Any-Advice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.