style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Slick's attempt to translate Suemo's post below :-

Hi, any help would be great.

My daughter joined a local gym and thought it was £14.99 monthly and cancelled the DD in September.

Harlands have added 2 lots of £25 fees and say she'll owe money even though she's not been in since she cancelled the DD.

Is there anything she can do about this please.

Any help will be great!

Hi any Hell soule be gréât. M'y daughter jointe a local gym And thought it Washington £14.99 Monthey And cancelled direct débit in September. Harlands havé added 2 lots of £25 fées on And say Shell Owens Mooney événement thought sues mot be en sincère she cancelled direct débit. Si Thérèse any teint she can do about thaïs pléiade. Any Hell Will be gréât!

Edited by slick132
correcting technical typos

Okay so your daughter has joined a gym and they have charged her 2 x £25 fees?

Im struggling to understand your post as its some sort of mix between French & English...

Was she under contract?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Okay so your daughter has joined a gym and they have charged her 2 x £25 fees?

Im struggling to understand your post as its some sort of mix between French & English...

Was she under contract?

Hi don't know what happened there, sorry. I have special software as registered blind, yes she joined a gym but couldn't go. She thought it was monthly. They have charged her

Hi Sue,

I've tried to "translate" your first post above to what I think you were trying to say. I hope I got it right for you.

To enable us to help you, please answer the following :-

1. When did YD join the gym.

2. Was there a minimum m/ship period and was it 6 or 12 months.

3. Why did YD cancel the DD mandate - let us know of any circumstances that forced her to do this like redundancy, moving home, sickness or injury.

Don't worry about Harlands and their threats and charges. Read other threads here and you'll see they are full of hot air.

However, if YD signed up to a minimum term and did NOT have good reason to cancel, she may be obliged to pay some more.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 years later...

Hi sorry I'm only getting back now but everything seemed sorted over Harlands until Tuesday of this week. We wrote and cancelled gym and my daughter broke wrist at time so was not in work so did not get payed. She was told it was a rolling monthly contact but we have found out it was a 12 month one. She owes £44.97 gym subscription. They have added £50 administration fee and a further £66.50 as it's been passed to CRS. We thought all was ok as we had heard nothing since we wrote. What shall we do? My daughter is saving with her partner to get a house and is worried it's going to affect her credit rating. I'm also worried they will come to the house like man said on the phone. I am blind and would be scared if they send bailiffs. Your advice PLEASE

Hi Sue.

Please be assured - NO One will come to your home. If anyone threatened this, they are talking rubbish. They would not DARE put that in writing because they'd get into big trouble if they did.

Ignore any demands from Harlands/CRS for now. They can do nothing, other than add on their admin fees which we ALWAYS challenge.

If YD broke her wrist so she was unable to use the gym, it really does not matter if she was on a rolling monthly agreement or a 12 month agreement. She had the right to cancel but she should have given the gym 1 month's notice and paid a final £14.99.

Please tell us :-

1. The date YD wrote to the gym saying she was cancelling.

2. What exactly did she tell the gym.

3. How did the gym respond.

4. The date each month the DD was normally paid.

5. The date the last DD was taken before the DD was cancelled.

6. The name of the gym.

Answer as soon as you can - Harlands will not stop sending demands and this needs to be properly addressed.

Finally, don't worry about the threats Harlands/CRS make - they are full of hot air and they have no power or authority.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi she wrote to the gym beginning of November saying she couldn't come due to her wrist being in plaster. She was in plaster in August. She got nothing back off gym. She was contacted then in January 2015 as already been stated. The direct debit was started 10/3/2014 and she payed up until November. Direct debit was cancelled in December. The gym was lifestyle fitness. She had payed 9 months. Can't understand while they have left it 2 years to get in touch and harass her. Will it affect her credit rating?

Thanks again

Hi Suemo,

I forgot to mention above - this will NOT affect YD's credit files so she has no worries about any intended mortgage application. And NO bailiffs will be involved so there will be no nasty knocks on your door !!

Thanks for giving some proper dates - this is the first time you've told us this all started way back in 2014 and YD cancelled the DD in December 2014.

Please tell us what gym this is about, as per my Q6 above. This may help us decide how to deal with YD's situation.

Hi thanks for responding! I did answer what the gym was in previous message, its Lifestyle fitness Hugh Baird, a private gym not to be confused with the council led ones called Lifestyles.

Thanks Sue

Hi Sue,

Ok, I've now seen you mentioned Lifestyle Fitness.

It helps if you answers Q's with numbering in the same way they are asked. Also, using spacing between paragraphs makes posts far easier for us to read.

My advice is that ignore any demands from Harlands/CRS for now.

If they were at all serious about collecting the alleged debt, they'd have taken action in 2015. They'll do nothing other than send annoying, repeated demands. Oh, and they'll add on more of their admin fees that they cannot enforce.

Keep a log of any calls, texts and letters from Harlands/CRS in case we need to make a formal complaint for ahrassment.

Keep us informed about further demands please.