Speeding fine - paid but now fined again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

August i was stopped for speeding 40 in a 30, sept iget option of fixed penalty £100 and points

i paid the £100 online the same day but forgot to post of the licence.

then i recieved a summons to appear in court . i plead guilty to offence as i did first time around, and enclosed a letter explaining that i had paid and included the proof of payment, i recieved a letter today saying i have been fined £400 and 4 penalty points for the offence. there is no mention of the £100 i have already paid. i just think that this amount is very excessive for forgetting to send of my licence. Any thoughts on any angles i may be able to challenge?

regards

peter

Unfortunatly the offer of £100 AND penalty points is two parts of the same offer to AVOID court action.

By not supplying your license that offer is withdrawn and the prosecution procedure then commences.

YOU should be able to write to the department you paid the £100 to and get that refunded.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.