Erudio chasing pre 98 loans in Italy

Madrea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Erudio took over my SLC pre 98 loans last year

and despite claiming conditions would not change, they did.

I did not complete their form as it requested info they weren't entitled to.

I sent a covering letter and proof of income being below the threshold.

I heard no news about deferral until a letter arrived to say their form wasn't in line with the consumer creditlink3.gif act,

that my account had been frozen, to be rest assured no charges would be accrued, and that they were working to find a solution.

3 months later two letters arrive to say I'm in arrears and requesting a payment of over £1000!!!

The whole matter is quite distressing and no matter how hard i try to shrug it off, it's a constant worry.

I'm tempted to bury my headlink3.gif in the sand for 5 years in the hope of getting it statute barredlink3.gif.

Negotiating with them has thus far only brought me more grief and achieved nothing. neutral.gif

Are they likely to take me to court? Legal proceedings in Italy take a minimum of 7 years....

Edited by Madrea

Erudio took over my SLC pre 98 loans last year and despite claiming conditions would not change, they did. I did not complete their form as it requested info they weren't entitled to. I sent a covering letter and proof of income being below the threshold.

I heard no news about deferral until a letter arrived to say their form wasn't in line with the consumer credit act, that my account had been frozen, to be rest assured no charges would be accrued, and that they were working to find a solution.

3 months later two letters arrive to say I'm in arrears and requesting a payment of over £1000!!!

The whole matter is quite distressing and no matter how hard i try to shrug it off, it's a constant worry. I'm tempted to bury my head in the sand for 5 years in the hope of getting it statute barred. Negotiating with them has thus far only brought me more grief and achieved nothing. :|

Are they likely to take me to court? Legal proceedings in Italy take a minimum of 7 years....

Erudio sent me the very same letters and admitted that they couldn't provide me with an upto date balance so froze the account.

I got arrears letters also and sent them a equally snotty email back.

They apologised and everything went back to normal.

You must remember erudio are a debt collection agency first

and as such treat the student loans with the same contempt as outstanding debts.

Erudio are just a DCA. Dont worry too much about it. They can only do something IF you have given in and signed THEIR version of the agreement which allows them to do whatever they like. Just send a copy of the original agreement back to them with your current situation, and they have to accept it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

numerous posts from various threads merged to here.

you are abroad?

are you coming back ever?

if not...urm...I know what I'd be doing!!

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, I've been abroad for 13 years and am unlikely to come back. Even so, I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's likely they'd take legal action. My gut instinct is telling me to ignore them from now on.

Nope. They wont. Especially if you dont come back to the UK. However, sinc its a low rate DCA, theyll still try and harass you regardless of the facts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thats why they are still in business. People cave in because they dont know their rights and dont know that a DCA has very few rights, if at all. Then there are those that simply cant be bothered checking things out so they pay up without question.