• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sky and Past Due Credit solutions ** SKY's ERROR - resolved**

rossonomous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

another thread about this company.

I'll outline all the contact that's been made and what I have done so far and the hopefully you can answer some of my questions :)

To begin,

I am a student and

last year I was living in a shared house with a Sky account under my name.

I cancelled the account well before we moved out, in order to ensure that I would not end up being billed further.

This was confirmed to me on the phone and I never had any more bills or contact from Sky after that.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I received a text from Past Due Credit Solutions,

saying the standard kind of stuff from what I have read.

"Please contact immediately... you're account number is... etc etc",

I ignored it because I had no idea who they are and they mentioned nothing about this supposed debt in the text.

About a week later, I got an email saying pretty much the same stuff.

After receiving this email, I sent them a reply -

"Hello,

I shall not be contacting by email or telephone regarding this subject.

I am unaware of any issue I may have and if there is one, I kindly request that you send me the full information by post.

Thanks"

Now a couple of days ago, I got a phone call from my mum saying I have received a letter from this company,

stating a debt of £89 that I owed Sky.. Great.

The letter also says, you must make payment by 03/01/2015 or they will recommend that Sky take further action against me.

(this is where I have got a tiny bit worried).

Finally, today I have received another generic email asking me to contact them.

Here are my questions:

Should I contact Sky, ask them to bring up my account history and find out if I owe them money?

Is there anything to be worried about when they say "You must pay by the 3rd....."

Also, I can't afford to be a credit check, yet alone pay for this bill..

Thanks!

EDIT: The letter they sent to my parents house detailing the debt, also mentions the CORRECT address where I had Sky.

Edited by rossonomous

Ignore... Notice how they say "Will Recommend" , its pressure tactics. PDCS... Are the bottom of the bottom.

They are quickly dealt with. They make threats but have no legal right :)

Use it as toilet paper...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Give Sky a call & ask them about the £89 that you reportedly owe them.

What £ amount did you previously pay Sky each month when you had it?

As you did cancel your subscription, did you receive your final bill?

If yes, was it paid in full at the time?

If yes again, then dig out the proof of payment.

As I'm thinking, that this could be the final bill from when you had Sky. It's possible they may have added charges to your account as well.

So if this were me, I'd give them a call & query it & see what they say.

If it turns out that you do indeed owe them for the final bill, ask for an arrangement that you can afford to pay @ £x per week/month.

There's more info in the link below, as well as number for Sky.

http://help.sky.com/articles/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

Hopefully this will be sorted out for you very quickly.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thought I would come back and let you know the outcome so this thread can be closed!

It turns out, that my old Sky account did in fact have a remaining balance that needed paying off, HOWEVER, this was not my fault.

I asked them to check my account history for when any advisors had been on it,

and they could confirm that a request for it to be closed had been made.

When the request was passed over to the cancellations team, they rejected it saying they needed more information.

The advisor I spoke with was supposed to re-contact me to get this information and then re-submit the account closure.

This advisor did not contact me and my account wasn't closed

(I had already cancelled my direct debit as I was told this was fine to do by the advisor).

When I was told this,

I kicked up a minor fuss telling the lady that she clearly just pointed out that an error had been made on their side,

however she was having none of it and said it was my fault for cancelling the direct debit without my account being closed.

I refused to let it slide and asked for it to be escalated to a higher level..

after sitting on hold for 10 minutes she returned and informed me that they would be clearing my account of the "debt"

and they would inform Past Due Credit Solutions not to continue contacting me.

So just be wary when you call up to find out information about your "debt".

If I didn't argue, Sky would have happily got me of £89.