Breakdown at micheal wood services M5 21st Dec - now parking Eye Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Travelling down the M5 to my 78 year old mother to bring here back to Nottingham for Christmas,

my rear wheel bears were failing, so I limped the car into Michael woods services, to do repairs on both sides, under a lamp post

as it was late, and raining, I had to ask for grease at the petrol station they had none, so I approached lorry drivers for help.

Having missed the car area parking, which is easy to, aspecially at night, I ended up under parking under a low lamp post which was I thought a good position to see.

there were 3 drivers which I spoke to, and no warning, in regard to charges, from them, as the man in the station also never warned me.

I made repairs with to tools I had brought with me, because I could not afford AA, or RAC, cover,

there was a recovery truck were I was pulling up and thought I could get some grease from him, but as I approatched he drove off, I was ,disappointed

I asked a truck driver If they had any grease, and one said I could take some from under his artic.

Repairs done, I exited Michael wood services and travelled down to Portland Dorset to my mothers.

Before retuning back to Nottingham I purchased new bearing and put them in the rear wheels, return journey was good.

This morning received charges for over staying from parking eye,

why would I want to stay longer than is nessarey repairs took 2 hours 52 mins,in the cold dark wet night!! niper

Edited by citizenB
formatting for easier reading

I have moved you to the correct forum and will try and find someone who can help.

Sadly these motorway service places do have a 2 hour limit, although if you are broken down, I would have thought you were permitted longer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'd wait before you do anything

moved you to the private parking forum

have a read of a few PE threads here.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanking you for any assistance, will be sending a email too parking eye, explaining the incident/ repairs on that dark, cold, wet night,

How many days from the day of event, till you received the NTK?

Going on the fact that PE nomally get that bit right, then your course of action is to appeal to PE.

You appeal to PE as the registered keeper, and do not give the drivers identity away.

So give a short, concise description of why the driver was in the services for the time frame specified.

(Any reasonable company would cancel the charge for a breakdown. )

But finish your appeal letter with;

'As registered keeper of this vehicle I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or alternatively provide a valid code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

At POPLA I shall be asking for a breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss that this charge must represent. '

Always get free proof of postage from the post office with every letter sent to a PPC.

I do not trust the PE website appeal route, but if you use it, then get screen shots saved.