ppi claim money payed to a debt management company by mistake!

maxivibe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I to was grilled over whether they thought I was actually 'miss-sold' my ppi

eventually received the confirmation that I would be receiving my ppi amount back and would be paid by 28th dec 2014,

however when the payment failed to make an appearance in my account I made enquiries into the matter and discovered my payment had been sent to 'debt free direct' because of my "IVA"!.

I first had to research what an IVA was and why I might possibly have had one without knowing it

plus supposed dealings with 'debt free direct' ,

After discovering what an IVA was and that i definitely dont/didnt have one 'debt free direct' where just as puzzled as I am not on their system and never had been (because I dont owe any money or have a debt management plan!) but my sum of money is down as being cashed by them!

Ive been passed from pillar to post trying to track down my money and told from both sides that I must consult the other party!

'Debt free direct' raised an important quiery,

lloyds would have had to check my name against the insolvency register incase of owed monies that the ppi money would by rights go towards paying off,

They advised me to check the 'individual insolvency register' while on the phone to them as the only person showing on their records with the same name as me had a very similar date of birth,

I typed in my surname and first initial and sure enough the only person on the register sharing the same name as myself all except middle names and DOB being a month and a day different to mine had an IVA against her name!

Lloyds said they will pass the issue over to their investigations team after they receive contact from the debt company ,

I have Emailed 'debt free direct' asking for them to make contact with lloyds to confirm that Im not on their system and I just hope Lloyds dont drag out giving me my answer as to why they wrongly handed my cheque to what I can only imagine has gone to pay off someone elses debts!!

Im sorry for rambling on,

I hope you managed to understand my situation and wonder if anyone else has ever had or heard of this happening before,

any feed back on the matter would be greatly appreciated,

Thankyou in advance,

becky

I think that it is for the Bank who issued the cheque to resolve this and swiftly. I will try and find someone who might be able to advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think that the apology is worth £100. Refuse anything less and complain to the FOS if they baulk. This assumes that they now pay you out within the next few days.

Excellent, I am pleased to hear that this is "almost" sorted.

I agree with Bankfodder, at the very least an apology should be accompanied by a cheque for at least £100.00.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would be insisting on a bacs payment direct to your account to be honest. I agree. Do not accept any less than £100 for their mistake.

Lloyds paid me £25 for sending me a non contact less card when it should have been. So your circumstances should be paid much more.

I Definately will not let this drop untill they have shown at least a bit of effort

(bearing in mind I STILL havnt yet been able to speak to anyone from Lloyds that has understood my issues raise or given me advice or reassurance other than to be told I must contact the DFD and track down my own missing money!)

I look forward to hearing from them ( Lloyds)

hopefully directly on the phone over the next few days,

I await my much deserved explanation with an apology!

A slight token payment in addition to my original amount would certainly be appreciated ,

considering the long wait for the over-due payment and countless phone calls and time taken up in doing so,

when I could have been enjoying it with my 3 young daughters while they are off school over the xmas period,

I will keep you posted as soon as I have heard from Lloyds and hopefully will have received payment, thankyou for your input and advice, becky