Apex (don't want to be recorded)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No it isn't.

Unless of course you are doing it with the sole intent of goading them into an argument & exposing them on social media?

All of my calls are recorded and logged on Truecall, all of my friends & family are aware that I record my calls,

and if I email a company it clearly states that all my calls are recorded for my benefit.

If you are simply recording them for your own benefit, or to clear up some confusion then you don't no.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I agree with BB. As it's your phone, so you do what you like.

I'm also like you BB, I record all my calls as well due to short term memory issues.

I have in the past though let the "person or Company" I'm talking too, aware that the call is recorded. I've not had any issues either when I revealed this.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I'm also like you BB, I record all my calls as well due to short term memory issues. .

Yes, TBI sufferer so no real short term memory anymore!

No need to say anything to the other caller, customer service should always be impeccable, if not you can transcribe the call and send it to their complaints dept.

Big companies and corporations should always expect they are being watched/recorded every time they interact with the public.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you all for your advice...Sorry I took so log to get back to you.

Sorry about the spelling..I didn't review it before iI sent it.

From the 3 dec - 17 dec I received thirteen phone calls from a "coventry" number.

I answered the last call to find it was from a company called Apex.

They informed me that they were recording the call for "monitoring and training purposes",

when I told them that I was also recording the call they asked me why,

I said I recorded calls as a matter of routine.

The man I was speaking to said that he would have to speak to "someone" before he could continue and I was put on hold.

After a couple of minutes he returned and said that it was against the law to put a recorded call on the internet or reveal it to a third party,

I said that I had no intention of putting the call online but could see no reason why I could not speak to legal counsel regarding it.

Once again he said that he had to speak to someone and once again I was put on hold.

After a somewhat longer wait he came back and asked my why I would want to speak to an attorney,

I told him that it was my right to do so and added that I was a member of the CAG.

Once again I ended up on hold only to be told that they would contact me by letter.

Soon after I received a letter ( also enclosed was an information sheet from the FCA regarding arrears)

thanking me for my recent "correspondence" and that my payment plan was up for review

(this is regarding a major bank and has been in place for several years)

they enclosed a Financial Statement form.

I phoned them back and told them that I had recently received a letter from them saying I was behind in my payments (I wasn't)

and that I had given them a full budget over the phone already.

She said that as Apex had recently bought my debt it was a standard letter and form

that they were obliged by law to send.

They were supposed to call me today between 0800-1300 to get a financial update but have not done so,

I have letters from 2012 showing that Apex were handling the account.

I'm sorry that this is so long winded,

can anyone help me make sense as to what's going on.

• 4 months later...

Sorry but I don't for a moment understand why you told them that you were recording them. It completely defeats the object.

stop talking to these fleecers on the phone!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with others. WHy the hell are you talking to a well known fleecing DCA over the phone?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If they do telephone, then simply request they write to you - that you do not discuss your financial affairs on the telephone. If you already have a payment plan in place, agreed with the original creditor, then you have no reason to provide them with another budget form. Although to be fair, they are entitled to write to you at least once a year asking if you are able to increase your offer.

This actually works both ways, if you are struggling to maintain the original offer, then let them know (although they will want an updated budget sheet).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have refused to supply a budget sheet. I simply inform them that my income has not increased, thanks to their Tory pals and that due to my individual rate of inflation has increased due to an increase in utility bills, more Tory mates, so must reduce the amount. Has worked so far.

I have refused to supply a budget sheet. I simply inform them that my income has not increased, thanks to their Tory pals and that due to my individual rate of inflation has increased due to an increase in utility bills, more Tory mates, so must reduce the amount. Has worked so far.

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks to you all for your advice, you're quite right Bankfodder it was a dumb move on my side, but I forgot to look up a previous thread of mine regarding the legality of recording calls. in retrospect I think they rang me to try and pressure me for an increased payment. Once again thanks to you all.

Can only pressure you if you give them a chance to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D