• Tweets

• Could you link us to BankFodder's post please? The judge's office means something different to me. HB
    • Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE Eviction THreat +£9k arrears= **WON++COSTS AGAINST GE - judge very scathing of GE's solicitor**

twoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

obv that includes all the penalty fees that still need to be put in the CISHEET? spreadsheet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's a good thing that no judge will insist on full payment of arrears as long as they can be paid off over time.

I suggest your friend starts paying off the arrears as per his proposal so when/if any court papers come he can prove he's doing what he can when he applies to the court to stop it.

In the meantime get on with reclaiming those charges.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

He is going to make his monthly installment + £500 tomorrow.

Do you think he needs to respond to their latest letter.?

The arrears have been calculated from the SAR's he got back but we think they are not calculated in the arrears total so is there anything for him to claim back yet.

Hi All,

Ok,my friend made his monthly instalement today plus £500.00 .

They said to him that they will accept his payment but changes nothing to the current threat of eviction.

Now is there anything he should do i.e send them a letter etc?

Any advise appreciated.

Hi Ell-enn,

Can we ask for your advise on the above please.

He could just write back and thank them for their letter, but as his circumstances haven't changed he will continue to make payments as offered. Should they proceed with their threat of eviction he will apply to stop it and inform the court of his payments despite their rejection. Under the circumstances he hopes they will reconsider.

I don't need to say how important it is that he does as he says and pays as per his offer.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

He fully understands what he has todo after reading the advice what has been posted and the other posts i have showed him.

As has been stated previously he genuinely knew nothing about the state of the account and if he had known it would not of got to this stage.

He's just worried that he will get evicted.

He has taken control of all the finances now and just wishes for time to get his arrears cleared.

We will write a letter to GE as advised and see what their response is.

Just looking at the SAR report again, where they state they charged solicitor charges / fees

there are no copies of any letter's in relation to solicitors instructions

so would these charges still be enforceable even though they have not provided proof of any letters?

Probably would be, but it would be reasonable to ask for the information and copies of the solicitors bills he's expected to pay.

if they were within the time of an active court claim they cannot sadly be reclaimed.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

My friend wants to respond with the letter below.

I think it will be ok just wondering what the experts think and should he add / delete anything

Dear Ge Money,

Reference your letter dated 22/1/2015 regarding my arrears.

I would like to re-iterate that the proposal I have offered of £500.00 per month plus my normal mortgage payment of £737.00 per month

is all I can afford at this present time.

Should I have more funds become available I will obviously use them to clear my arrears as soon as possible.

As your records will show, as soon as I became aware of the arrears on the account

I took control of all finances in the household and made a mortgage payment (£737.00) in December 2014

and a payment (£737.00) in January 2015 plus an additional £500.00 towards the arrears.

Should you refuse my proposal and proceed to court for an eviction I will obviously apply to the courts to have the eviction set a side

and produce the recent communication and payment receipts as part of my evidence.

As you will be aware the courts will look favourable at my situation as I am making attempts to make arrangements to clear my arrears,

made payments as I have promised and will look unfavourable upon yourselves if you ignore my offer and proceed to court

and waste the courts time when this can be agreed without the intervention of the courts..

I would like you to reconsider my proposal and confirm in writing that it will be acceptable.

Might not be a good idea to predict what the judge will deem favourable or unfavourable (just in case you need to show a copy of the letter at a hearing). Best just to say that you believe the court will look favourably on your attempts to come to an agreement over payment of the arrears and that lenders should only consider eviction as a last resort which they are not doing in this case.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Subject to changes I should hope it would make them back off.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

my mate has just brought these letters round that he has received today.

Now considering he has paid £500.00 per month extra to start clearing the arrears,

has not had letters from the courts or any communication about eviction or court hearings etc whatsoever

and looking at their extra charges for debt councelling which he has not had ,

how can they justify these charges?

what is the best course of action to follow now.

Apologies uploaded the 1 page twice.here is the other page.

His wife hasn't been hiding post again has she?

He needs to find out which court has granted the warrant and apply to stop the eviction.

It should be the local court but might be worth confirming this with eversheds.

The fact he's paying the arrears off should stop the eviction.

Hi Caro,

Just tried phoning them for my mate but they are closed.

Can i ask you to give your opinion on the second letter he recieved today

detailing charges for this and that and are they correct in what they are claiming

bearing in mind he's never had debt councelling from them

,despite requesting copies of solicitors letters etc through his SAR's request

they have never forwarded them to him to confirm their solicitors interim fees and can the admin fees be reclaimed.

It seems they are trying to charge him for going for a pee!surely these can not be legal?

all bar the sols fees me thinks.

prob additional int too?

dx

and they

Hi DX,

OK,how can they justify sols fees when they cannot produce letters for all the dates they have stipulated in his sars where sols fees have been added to the arrears

Caro,DX,.....

Does my friend just phone the courts when he can establish which court it was and ask for a set a side on the eviction order or i guess there are forms to fill in.

You will need to apply to the court on a N244 form to get a hearing in front of a judge to stop the eviction - you must attend the hearing. We can help with filling in the form and writing a supporting statement.

Read the guide here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession it will give you an idea what needs to be done

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Agree with dx and ell-enn. Concentrate on stopping the eviction first and then worry about the charges.

Hi All,

My friend has phoned Eversheds to get claim number and court

.Its Birmingham County Court and was issued on the 5th Jan 2015.

He has spoke to the courts and has an appointment on the 19th March for a warrant suspension.

He obviously needs to complete a N244 which he needs help with....please.

Also when he spoke to Eversheds they were not aware that he had been making payments to clear his arrears

and also his normal monthly payments and they were not interested in knowing this

they just kept saying he needs to pay the arrears in full

and are not prepared to make any arrangement and the eviction will go ahead regardless.

Not a cat in hells chance that any judge will agree with them! :p

I suggest that part of the application is to ask for GE to pay their own solicitors costs for the hearing as it should not be necessary with the arrears being paid already.

Hi, has the court given him a hearing date without him submitting the N244 and paying the fee ?