What is TTIP? And six reasons why the answer should scare you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I forsee the government being sued by foreign corporations every time the minimum wage rises

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I do to and if for any reason, (and they can make reasons) there is a profit loss, they will be able to sue the government, so it will mean the government 'is' to guarantee all big business, even the likes of Starbucks.

One of the worse things is that the negotiations are to be locked away for 30 years so none of us will know what 'we' have agreed to.

I don't think enough is known about this to come to any conclusion as to whether on balance this is good or bad.

At the moment with Obama being a lame duck President and an election due in 2016, it remains to be seen whether the US will sign up to any agreement that is negotiated.

As far as I understand it, UK politicians think that the NHS won't be affected by TTIP.

EU and US need to work more closely, because they have a shared interest in dealing with competition from China and elsewhere. Globalisation has so far not delivered the expected prosperity for most people in the west.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

we should have this being talked about more and every canidate at the upcoming election shoudl be asked and challenged on it]

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

We need it out in the open.

Alison Seabeck Labour MP was asked directly in a letter and her response is here - http://no1forum.co.uk/showthread.php?255-What-is-TTIP-And-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you&p=855#post855

Unfortunately it's a typical nothing MPs response.

Conniff, you could always create a template letter "to an MP"

Then encourage everyone to send one to their mp XD