Jump to content



Claimform - /Cabot/Restons - old CITI card 'debt'


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Check it now dean.

 

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool - Well best of luck with it- fingers crossed :-)

 

Thanks.

 

I cannot see what they can do unless they produce a signed agreement at the last minute.

 

 

I have been asking for that for nearly 6 years and nothing. So a fairly good chance I think.

 

Failing this, I am long term sick and disabled.

 

 

My income is quite low and if they win should be able to settle on a few pound per month, hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just filed my defence today. Probably receive a DQ shortly.

 

I understand that it will be automatically stayed if the court has no response for 28 days. Is that 28 + 5 days for service or, just 28 days?

 

Is it possible rectums will take this further without a signed CCA and NOA? Or will it be stayed indefinitely unless they come up with the original documents?

 

:smile:Many thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just received a reply to my CCA request from Cabot including a copy of an agreement and copies bank statements. Copy of their letter attached below.

 

They admit that it is a reconstututed agreement and is actually just a generic copy with no signature.

 

 

So does this comply with the CCA request?

 

 

If so I assume that the original will have to be produced if there is a court hearing.

 

So do I just keep this for my records and do nothing. Or should I send some sort of reply?

Link to post
Share on other sites

please remove all barcodes too

 

 

attachment removed

 

 

a recon will not suffice and cabot know so.[ card from 2002]

 

 

if you've read other citi claims

you'll see its near impossible for anyone to get

1. any signed agreements out of CITI

2. the CORRECT T&C's for that agreement.

 

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

 

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about that. Have removed barcodes.

 

Even the statements they have supplied are not copies of originals. They are all marked 'peoples banks, connecticut'. I have all the originals and they are all marked 'Citifinancial' and a different address. They have just printed my account details on current stationery.

 

My defence was received by the court on 19/1/2015. So I will just contact the court after 16/2/2015 to see if anything else has been filed or if it is stayed.

 

Many thanks Dx.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Would it be worthwhile to have the claim struck out and be able to claim costs i.e. postage, letter writing, research time etc. Or maybe better to just let sleeping dog lie.

 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just phoned the court and they have not heard anything from the claimant. So I think that means it is now stayed.

 

So what now?

Now Nothing...wait until they wish to proceed

 

Would it be worthwhile to have the claim struck out and be able to claim costs i.e. postage, letter writing, research time etc. Or maybe better to just let sleeping dog lie.

 

Not responding to a defence is not cause to strike out...dont prod the bear ...let it sleep.

 

Any advice would be appreciated.

 

 

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...