Virgin Mobile Waste of Time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

My wife has a phone on contract with Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) and has had no issues up until recently for the past 6 weeks she has been restricted on numerous occasions what has happened is she recently changed her number as she was getting alot of spam messages and calls so they actually sent her a new sim card and promised a new number and her tarrif would be swapped over.

So she received the new Sim popped it into her phone and obviously thought her tarriff would be there and started using it as normal up until again her phone was restricted and when she phoned up they said she has excessive usage of £237.99 which eventually was credited back as it was a mistake on there end for not moving the tarriff over to the new sim card, what has annoyed her the most this constantly happens where the tarriff is there but a futher £112 has gone on top of the bill totalling it to £349 for an unlimited VIP tarriff at £32 a month.

This has been taken high up to the CEO office to deal with but there just as much use as the customer service and she is now worried about setting up a direct debit again until all is rectified but again yesterday they restricted her phone for not setting up the direct debit

What rights do we have here as shes thinking about asking them to release her out of contract due to the hassle shes having at the moment.

What annoys me the most is im a Network Engineer at Virgin Media and my thoughts on Virgin as a company go from bad to worse everytime this happens

Here is her breakdown from the account

Your

tariff Extra

use Other

costs Your

credits Total

amount 07982871

Add name to number - £350.66 - £237.99 Cr £112.67 07986227 ( Should be Cancelled)

Add name to number - - - £0.12 Cr £0.12 Cr

I think Virgin might be having a few problems at the moment - I tried to top up a mobile online yesterday. I have a prepaid card for online shopping and the mobile phone.

I have been topping up online for 3 years with this particular card now and yesterday, it was declined. I spoke to Master Card and they say that Virgin hadn't even requested the amount for it to be declined.. so what is going on ?

I tried to phone Virgin - automated message advised that I would be speaking to an agent (who were currently all busy at the present time) in one minute. Very specific.. however, I was still hanging on 10 minutes later at which point I hung up.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

As a service engineer you would know that the new smart phones have a spam facility, for messages/callers. I would use it more often.

I have had this issue many times as well.

Told virgin to sort it or I would move, guess what I moved.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys

need some advice these hypocrits and Virgin mobile refuse to cancel my contract after being told im eligble for an upgrade, what i thought was an upgrade appears to be a new contract with a new number, after having a conversation for over an hour with an english rep on the phone he said yes your phone ends 15th August 2015 even though i only had the phone for 12 months i asked him to check and double check as i didnt want two phones on contract he said yes all is ok and you can order an upgrade.

So as i said the phone arrives i quered to why i received a new number and a new sim card they claimed that the new system they implemnted sees an upgrade online as a new order which i find a complete joke. I said ok i will call back Friday to cancel the remaining month on my contract which i was told £17.50 to cancel was happy with this after all i got a new phone good tarriff and £200 in pocket off my S5 up until today when i phoned to pay the £17.50 to be told its not £17.50 and its £40.00 to cancel the contract i argued not a chance am i paying £40 when told differently the excuses was brilliant i received off customer services, He puts me on hold trying to get my contract cancelled and his manager says they cant cancel it due to me owing them 12 months at £42.99 per month

I am sick and tired of Virgin Media as a company and to actually think i work for these fools aswell.

Where do i stand here in terms of cancelling this contract is there any head office i can email, contact OFT, trading standards ?

Just annoyed now i am left with 2 phones to pay one for 24 months and the other at 12 months

Proof to show my account was eligble for an upgrade 13 months into my contract

wish they would invest in english call centres so frustrated

Upgrade Photo

http://s16.postimg.org/srg75ioxh/virgin_mobile_upgrade_edit.png

even states in the contract VIP - 12 months 14th august 2015

Yes as above, Virgin Bledia are fantastic at ignoring their customers, was with them for a while, but when I realised just how incompetent they were

voted with my feet and ignored their begging letters to pay their extortionate cancellation fee.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice name for them Virgin Bledia

Well i had an email today off social media team to explain how my contract is actually 24 months and no 12 months even though there system states it is still 12 months, They say i had a sim change in december 2014 and thats why the account says 12 months as surprise surpise someone in there team did not drag the contract details over properly so i sent them another reply stating how is your mess up my problem i explained to them my problem now is you sold me a upgrade despite full well knowing that i had 12 months remaining on my contract and now i am left paying for two phones because they refuse to cancel one due to there error

Here is the email they sent me today i have seriously had enough of these muppets, and the 14 day period has passed

Hi Chris

Thank you for taking the time to contact the social media team and apologies for the delay in my response. We are busier than normal at the moment and this has led to an increase in our response times.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience or frustration this matter may have caused. We pride ourselves on the services we provide and it is always disappointing to learn of instances where this has fallen short. Having checked the account it does state that the contract expiry date is 08/2015, however this information is incorrect. I can see that the tariff was removed and re-added due to a previous issue in December 2014 and this may be what has caused this issue and allowed the upgrade to be processed online

Based on the information available this shows the contract for the Samsung Galaxy S5 was taken in July 2014 on a 24 month basis and the upgrade is not due until the 21st June 2016. Based on this information we would be unable to allow the upgrade to be processed. However if you can supply the original paperwork which states this was on a 12 month basis I’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

I do appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for and wish that I could advise of a better outcome. If you have any questions, please let me know. Alternatively, our teams are available 7 days a week on Facebook and Twitter.

Best wishes

Lucy | Social Media Advisor

I HAVE NO PAPERWORK WHICH STATES ANY OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED I HAVE THE PROOF THAT IT ALLOWED ME TO UPGRADE IF THEY KNEW THIS WAS A PROBLEM THEN THEY SHOULD OF CALLED ME BEFORE POSTING OUT THE PHONE BUT NO THEY DECIDE TO RIP A STAFF MEMBER OFF INSTEAD, I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS COMPANY

Hi Chris

Thank you for taking the time to contact the social media team and apologies for the delay in my response. We are busier than normal at the moment and this has led to an increase in our response times.

Standard template response to justify their failure to follow their own guidelines least of all anyone else's!

We pride ourselves on the services we provide and it is always disappointing to learn of instances where this has fallen short. Having checked the account it does state that the contract expiry date is 08/2015, however this information is incorrect.

It's of no concern of yours, you were led to believe it was a 12 month contract and not 24, they have zero pride and couldn't care less, they just want your money.

However if you can supply the original paperwork which states this was on a 12 month basis I’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

They have the original paperwork, and they know it, either that or they know they never provided it and you will be unable to provide it, classic get out of jail free card that they pull.

I do appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for and wish that I could advise of a better outcome. If you have any questions, please let me know. Alternatively, our teams are available 7 days a week on Facebook and Twitter.

Best wishes

Lucy | Social Media Advisor

I HAVE NO PAPERWORK WHICH STATES ANY OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED I HAVE THE PROOF THAT IT ALLOWED ME TO UPGRADE IF THEY KNEW THIS WAS A PROBLEM THEN THEY SHOULD OF CALLED ME BEFORE POSTING OUT THE PHONE BUT NO THEY DECIDE TO RIP A STAFF MEMBER OFF INSTEAD, I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS COMPANY

What you want now, is their 'deadlock' letter, although this is in the very early stages of complaint and needs to be escalated above the minimum wage goon who has responded, as you're clearly not content with their first brush off, and neither would I be, the fact that you're an employee is indicative of the contempt they hold for their customers, let alone their employees!!

Unfortunately, Virgin Bledia's complaints process is about as useful as indicators on a submarine, emails go unanswered, calls disc onnect, if they get answered at all, and even letters go ignored, your only saving grace, is that you have started the lethargic complaints process, and in 8 weeks time you can escalate it beyond their control, I think, it was OTELO I escalated it too, BUT it is now these guys....http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html#

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!