MYJAR - Weird Situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All

I have received a rather weird email from MYJAR today regarding an account which I can confirm I will raising the Fraud flag against (Think struggle with MMF)

Anyway... MyJAR have sent an email advising that a loan was taken on 09/08/2011 and was due back on the 24/08/2011. However the email i received today included is listed below and attached were 3 attachments.

(Obviously this isnt mine otherwise it would have been settled by now)

Dear Fkofilee

Default Notice

This letter is important – please do not ignore it

We have contacted you several times regarding your unpaid loan but have not received payment from you – the balance now stands at £247.00.

We are now giving you 14 days’ notice of our intention to register a default against you. The default notice together with an information leaflet issued by the Financial Conduct Authority is attached to this message.

Registering a default is the step that we must take before we are able to take legal action against you. You can avoid this by repaying the money you owe or by contacting us and making a repayment arrangement. You must act without delay to prevent the default being registered.

You can make repayment

Online Log in to your account at http://www.myjar.com/login using your PIN and registered mobile number and select REPAY NOW

By Text Send a text to 82777 with the words LOAN REPAY from your registered mobile

By Phone Call 020 3006 2000 and select option 1 and follow the simple prompts

Contact us on

Phone: 020 3006 2000

Email: [email protected]

Ring Back: text the words Ring Me to 0786 000 4500 and let us know the best time to call you back (standard network rates apply).

Live Chat: Log in to your account and use the Live Chat feature.

Our customer service team is available:

Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Saturday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sunday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Yours sincerely

TxtLoan

Collections and Recoveries

Now my question is, shouldn't this account have defaulted in 2011? Yet they are going to issue a default notice in 2015?!?!?!?!?!

Wasnt there something against that? Also this debt hasn't ever appeared on my credit profile with EXP or CCRED, So if they issue a default against it, surely i should have grounds to challenge it on that basis?

The PDFs have been filtered for personal info so please feel free to give me advice on this one... I am stomped...

FKO

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Surely if you genuinely have no idea what this is, first step is to send prove-it letter, modified with something like "I have no recollection of the loan you claim I took out and, in the absence of your proving within 14 days that I did, I will report the matter as fraud."

Stomped? That'll be the mulled wine.

Hi Oleg, I will be doing that,

But what im getting at is the time between them opening the account but also sending the default notice and defaulting it 4 years later...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If it's not your loan just tell them in writing and if they insist report it as fraud.

One way to be 100% sure that this hasn't got anything to do with you could be to get a credit report and check if the loan is registered there.

It might be a case of identity theft (unlikely given the small amount) or they're just trying it on to gain some cash before Christmas

I think you might need to speak with the Information Commissioner in respect of this.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If it's not your loan just tell them in writing and if they insist report it as fraud.

One way to be 100% sure that this hasn't got anything to do with you could be to get a credit report and check if the loan is registered there.

It might be a case of identity theft (unlikely given the small amount) or they're just trying it on to gain some cash before Christmas

King, I respect your input here, I disagree with this and what youve put. Ive already had close to 7 loan accounts written off because of the identity theft case I am currently fighting... All similar amounts etc... But lets leave it at that...

I think you might need to speak with the Information Commissioner in respect of this.

CitB ... Welcome to my nightmare. Its like MMF all over again.

I thought youd say that. DX said a change in the ICOs stand on defaults etc makes it a very grey topic.

What im shooting for is just how lawful there actions have been in the last 24 hours... So you deffo think ICO On this one?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If this were me, I would be making complaints to both the ICO and the FOS, although TBH, I rather suspect that you might find this a hard slog to get the outcome you require.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

King, I respect your input here, I disagree with this and what youve put. Ive already had close to 7 loan accounts written off because of the identity theft case I am currently fighting... All similar amounts etc... But lets leave it at that...

Well, you don't really disagree then?!

What I said is that as this loan was not taken by you, you're no liable to repay it.

Unfortunately the battle against id theft you've been fighting seems to be still on.

As you've managed to deal with other 7 loans, I suspect you're more then aware of the procedure to deal with this one as well.

You said the "Unlikely given the small amount..." I was just responding to that comment ^__^

Yeah its still ongoing sadly. Ive had good success but its still tough sadly.

I will get this written off and I know im not liable however I was querying their actions and processes because of the massive difference in when the Default date should have been and when they want to default it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well that escalated quickly. Checked the FCA register and found the email addy for the Compliance Honcho and also the CEO.

Their staff believe that its reasonable what they are doing telling me that I will have a default on my credit profile till 2021... Apparently this loan was taken in 2011...

How is that fair? This isnt even my loan...

Anyway emails have gone to the CEO and Compliance Head. Hes already come back telling me he'll look at it...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I'd complain to the fca and ICO as well. Make them squirm.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Right well an update for you wonderful people.

I emailed their Compliance Boss who said they are now beginning to report to the CRAs but in the exception they WILL NOT be doing this for me.

I asked in great detail about why they were doing this and they advised that they had been contacted by the FCA regarding their trading practices and told to shape up or move out.

Regardless though i do not agree that 3 years on is fair to default an account as such. Its similar to what Welcome Finance used to do.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Then it needs to be challenged as unfair and reported to the FCA what they are doing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 4 weeks later...

i had been having 100 pound loans from my jar since oct 2014 always payed back on time sumtimes payed back early .

but know i find out my buisness isnt good enough for them they am telling me i dont meet their credit checks ???? hows this possible as ive been having loans off them since 2014 so didnt pay being a good customer does it their attiude towards me over this matter as been disgraceful . i would seriously avoid this company :mad2::mad2:

i had been having 100 pound loans from my jar since oct 2014 always payed back on time sumtimes payed back early .

but know i find out my buisness isnt good enough for them they am telling me i dont meet their credit checks ???? hows this possible as ive been having loans off them since 2014 so didnt pay being a good customer does it their attiude towards me over this matter as been disgraceful . i would seriously avoid this company :mad2::mad2:

Simple... You are constantly borrowing from them... That is a sign of money management issues on paper.

Doesn't mean you have money issues though :)

Think of it as a saving grace :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 1 month later...

Eugh, Sorry to say but this case has reared its ugly head.

After them saying they were going to remove it, now its appeared on my credit file!!

:sigh: Its disgraceful that they cant sort this out...

They've had 3 chances to sort this out. Ive formally notified them that they have 7 days to amend the information and remove it or, Im going to initiate a small claims. Any other advice I should follow?

I want to go for the throat! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56672[/ATTACH]

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If you have the letter saying they will remove it, send a copy to the CRA. If the CRA says no because myjar says it is there legit, THEN take SCC action providing you have followed correct Pre action protocol.

Right, Email from them directly...

[ATTACH]56711[/ATTACH]

Second email after I kick off this week;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56712[/ATTACH]

Both from Compliance Director And Managing Director.... Theres the proof

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis