Vodafone Porting Issue & Appalling Customer Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've been having an ongoing issue with my Vodafone mobile service for over 2 weeks now. Having a quick glance at these forums Vodafone seem to feature quite a bit which doesn't fill me with hope.

I originally requested to port my number from Orange to Vodafone pay and go - originally scheduled to go through on the 10th but actually went through on the 11th. On the 11th my old orange sim lost all signal and new vodafone PAYG sim could make and receive calls/texts showing my orange number - so the port did go through. Since that date though I have been unable to use any internet data. I have been on the phone to customer services almost every day since then, being passed from one team to another with nobody having any real idea of what is going on. I've been through APN settings, they've tried pushing through the port again, been told the APN settings need to be reflected on the vodafone system - still no data! The problem seems to be deeper than just no internet, whenever I give the advisor my number I cannot be found on the vodafone system even though I'm currently using their services!

Every advisor I speak to tells me to wait another 24-48 hours and promise me that this time my problems will be resolved as they have been escalated to the porting team/fault desk/manager. I must have had about 7 escalations now. Unfortunately they never are fixed and to this date have recieved no call back from customer services at any point!

The level of service has been shocking. I am often hung up on as I'm passed between departments every day - nobody taking responsibility or initiative to solve the problem. I never receive my promised callbacks - about 4/5 to date. They seem to deal with faults by sending e-mails instead of physically talking to anyone and I am unable to get through to anyone to make any formal complaint.

I have requested my PAC code to leave but am told this is also unavailable to be generated as I'm not in the system. I have now looked into Ofcom regulations for porting and PAC codes. Porting should be fully completed within 2 days and a PAC generated within 2 hours of the customer requesting it. I asked to make a formal complaint today and was told I was unable to do so until the 8 week point and advises I have to wait another 6 weeks to do so. I am not willing to go without data services for this length of time - I feel that 2 weeks is more than an adequate amount of time for Vodafone to have dealt with this issue.

I've now been through multiple outlets to try and solve this issue - in store, on the phone, the e-forum and e-mail. No success so far.

Any advice on how to take this further and deal with what has been a frankly very disappointing and poor service from a leading mobile provider.

Cheers,

Cameron

Hi Lee,

Was still waiting to hear back from you about compensation for the delayed port, any word on this yet? Also realised i had some credit on the account which hasn't transferred over with the port - was wondering if you would be able to restore this for me too as I leave for holiday tomorrow and would be good to have some credit on the account.

Cheers,

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

Sorry to bother you again and thank you for all your help so far but my voicemail service doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Whenever I call 121 it just hangs up - same if I call 1211. Have been on the phone to customer services and they couldn't seem to see any problem with it. Just wondering if it could be related to the porting issue?

Cheers,

Cameron

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee,

After all the hassle I had trying to port this number in fully I was still left without voicemail services. Tried to resolve this with customer services for about a month, again being told every time it would be solved within 48 hours. As before this was never the case and I ended up missing a lot of important messages. So I decided to port my number out to EE. On the port date my number I wanted to port was showing when making calls from my EE sim card. However all my incoming calls and texts are still received to my old Voda sim card from which I can make calls and texts too - I appear to be completely active on the Vodafone system. Naturally I have raised this with EE and it is now with their executive office. Their head of porting has informed me they are still waiting on a number of files to be transferred from Vodafone to fully port in my number. This has been escalated to the Vodafone porting team a number of times over the last month (almost daily) but the files have still not been transferred. Again have tried to speak to Vodafone customer services about it but they are truly useless in being able to help at all.

I would be very grateful if you could look into this for me and identify the issue that the Vodafone porting team are experiencing.

Kind Regards,

Cameron Semple

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue with porting. Gave my pac on June 30th wasn't meant to be ported from o2 the next day and 9 days on I can only make calls nothing else. Been phoning vodafone everyday and being told will be sorted out Iver 24 hours. Passed to department to department been cut off many times. No one ever phones me back as promised. Been told different things like files not transfered properly, account not set up properly, porting was cancelled, porting request still open. Even been told that I have lied by one agent. Tried to complain but am told there is no complaints department. At the end of my tether. Have already contacted ofcom.

• 4 months later...

Hello Lee,

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I have tried contacting Vodafone via all possible means of contact and so far I was ignored every time.

My name is Tom

I have a few serious, ongoing issues with Vodafone which still remain unresolved.

One from as far as February 2014, when Vodafone damaged my handset via their remote desktop assistance and forced me into a new contract after denying I was entitled to replacement handset (although my handset was insured with Vodafone)

And a more recent one with regards to my unusually high bill. I have tried contacting Vodafone customer services via Live Chat, where I was given email address to a gentleman called Nitin Pathak.

I have emailed Mr. Pathak a few times already but had no response whatsoever. I have messaged Vodafone Customer Service forum from the link I have received via Vodafone facebook page, also no reply.

I have kept all records of my chats and can prove that Vodafone has been responsible for the mistakes as their representative admitted it during my live chat with him.

However, I have written so many ghost messages and wasted so much time doing that, I would rather hear from you first if you are interested in looking into my outstanding disputes before going into more details.

My phone has just been disconnected due to unpaid, disputed bill. Instead of dealing with the dispute, Vodafone simply disconnected me.

My contract with Vodafone is coming to end in February 2016 and so far I am not at all motivated to sign a new contract.

I would appreciate if you or anyone from Vodafone could look into this.

Regards

Tom