• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about jobs you have applied for yourself then no then the jobcentre can not contact them.If the jobcentre gave you the job to apply for then yes they can contact the company to find out if you applied for the job.

If you are talking about jobs you have applied for yourself then no then the jobcentre can not contact them.If the jobcentre gave you the job to apply for then yes they can contact the company to find out if you applied for the job.

Thanks for the info so i guess this would also be the same for companies you call to meet your job requirements once a week? if you put down the company you call on your booklet ujm or whatever the job centre can't contact them?

hope you understand.

Extract from the DWP document 'Decision Making & Appeals; Gaining Customer Feedback From Employers';

'Must Does: Meeting Data Protection Legislation

Solicitors Branch has previously advised that we have to inform employers why we are asking for the information and what the information will be used for. To continue to meet DPA legislation you must clearly explain to the employer why you are asking for the information and what it will be used for. You must also make the employer aware that they are not obliged to provide feedback.

Note: You can no longer send employers a list of customers submitted to their vacancies. Feedback from an employer can only be requested where an advisor has matched a Jobseekers Allowance customer to a vacancy.'

So basically, if they found you the vacancy and formally told you to apply for it, they can contact the employer. If you found the vacancy yourself, they can't without your permission. In some cases - like Local Government jobs - if they tried to contact the employer it can actually result in your application being disqualified. I've had to warn advisers about this rule a few times when they thought they could contact who they like - they can't!

I've never applied for a job via UJ yet and don't intend to either, as the site is so unreliable. I've created 'searches' before - purely to have something to show the JC - and have found info missing when I've next logged in. Now I print it out immediately.

Always make sure you have a lot of jobsearch evidence from other sources, such as agencies and your own perdonal email; don't rely solely on UJ.

I have been getting the same for about a week

I use the book as well and also take screenshots, I do add missing entries back in with a note saying the system had deleted it, makes my uj history look a total mess now

Have others with issues been using it for more than a year?, just wondering if its ignoring the year when doing a cleanup over night, so it instead of getting rid of april 2014 entries it just gets rid of april entries

I have started putting a sequence number against entries, so I can easily see what is missing, compared to screenprint

ive noticed ,i normally apply for 3 jobs a a day.but some are missing from the work activity list. on some days the record only show ive applied for one job.?

guess your having same problems.

i know i am writing them down on my ujm as i take screenshots so they can't possibly tell me that i have done it as there is no delete button soon as you click save to activity history.

It is an awful site. I applied for ten plus jobs yesterday but my application history is blank which seems odd

well the way the website has been the last few weeks no surprise that you are loosing items on your history they seem to be doing it without checking there website for any issues.

I have been getting the same for about a week

I use the book as well and also take screenshots, I do add missing entries back in with a note saying the system had deleted it, makes my uj history look a total mess now

Have others with issues been using it for more than a year?, just wondering if its ignoring the year when doing a cleanup over night, so it instead of getting rid of april 2014 entries it just gets rid of april entries

I have started putting a sequence number against entries, so I can easily see what is missing, compared to screenprint

am glad someone is having issues also.

i have had the issues for few weeks and nothing seems to be getting done.

i take screenshots after writing everything down on ujm and print the ones of that are missing items from my activity history.

i agree it makes my ujm history a mess.

could be a issue with clearing issues but even any site with issues will tell you to clear your history cookies etc so wouldn't make it any help.

yeh well i have lost at least 10 entries over the past few weeks and to me that is a big number especially for a site that was having no issues in till at least a month.

Many entries you lost ?

Thanks for the article.

am sure if ujm did end a lot of people would be happy but i still doubt it will end.

but we shall see what happens next 6-12months.

Not sure how many entries I have lost, only noticed the issue last week, spotted the previous day showed no jobs applied when I knew I had, so compared it to my manual book I use and found them gone from the site

I usually put 5 to 15 manual entries in per day, and at least 50% of these are gone the next morning

7 items in UJ today, I expect tomorrow morning there might be 3 of them still showing, others gone

1 day last week I added 12 items to it, the next morning only 4 where left

Not sure how many entries I have lost, only noticed the issue last week, spotted the previous day showed no jobs applied when I knew I had, so compared it to my manual book I use and found them gone from the site

I usually put 5 to 15 manual entries in per day, and at least 50% of these are gone the next morning

7 items in UJ today, I expect tomorrow morning there might be 3 of them still showing, others gone

1 day last week I added 12 items to it, the next morning only 4 where left

that is bad but suppose the job centre won't care.

i put entries in a day 2 are jobs 1 for the website i check when i update cv cover letter and some days the company i call a week.

and i lose the odd job i lose what website i put down i checked a lot i lose when i put what company i called also. its annoying.

i hope a lot of people are contacting the job centre forum on ujm website so they hopefully take notice of people complaining.

feel sorry for people that loosing all that they are putting down on ujm.

Why does the ujm not let people know when its going down for upgrading!!?

i cant even put what i have applied for today now and when i do it will go down as tomorrow date.

and no doubt the advisor will be happy to sanction me for not putting anything down,

pi**ed off that not letting people know there upgrading there system when that is what a website is suppose to do inform people on there website!.

I hope ScreenShots of the 2 jobs i have applied for can be enough evidence.

i have applied for 2 jobs a day for the past 2 weeks+ so hopefully backs up,

just wish they would do upgrading at 12 and onwards instead of 3 hours or whatever before 12,

does anyone know what time ujm started upgrading.

someone i spoke to was saying a jcp that is in england there jcp twitter was telling people there was gonna be a upgrade but yet how is that useful for people who live in scotland? and plus i asked someone to check facebook as i don't use it and all they have is that there upgrading that was at 11 but yet that was like 2 hours after it had started upgrading so they don't even puton there ujm that there upgrading which i think is disappointing for people using it and not been told that its gonna be down.

sorry if i seem annoying just cant help it.

I myself have had issues with UJM job search results this last week but of another type than what OP decribes.

I actually contacted them and made videos that show a flaw in the way job results are displayed for all work in a specific distance of were i live, posted today.

Basically if i search for all work in a distance of 100 miles of my home the results come back are not correct and will be missing the majority of jobs that should come back.

For instance on wednesday i ran a search for all jobs within 100 miles of my home but the results did not show a job that was listed on that same day that was 70 miles away.

Basically rendering the search useless for people looking for all work in a set distance around their area posted today, as all JSA claimants are required to do.

Their initial response was that i was to clear all browser cache, cookies etc. Thats great but i dont have any of that set to be saved any way through personal choice as im sure many do. I made another video clearly showing that i do not save any of that stuff (cache, passwords,cookiesform data etc) but cleared it regardless before showing how the search does not show the results of another job just 26 miles from my home when i searched in a 40 mile radius. This is not just an occasional bug, its in all searched i do for all work in set distance from my home posted that day. If i had to have a rough guess at how many jobs did not show in the results that should have i would say that no less than half the results were missing.

I have the videos uploaded to YouTube and on my desktop but have them listed private and provided them the url , i can tell from YouTube analytics that they did view 2 of the Videos several times. They later replied via email that the reason the jobs did not show in search results was ude to "Complex algorithms" and that the missing jobs would be further back in the pages further back. Not wanting to be arkward, but, i did check this after reading their email reply and found they were in fact incorrect and the jobs still did not show further back in the results.

Like i say i have the videos of this major flaw in search results, im still making my mind up as to if i should conact a reporter that is currently covering anything about UJM as this needs resolving.

Also their site was down for hours mid week while i was logging my job searches meaning i could not enter the details fo my log, i only manged to get some of it logged untilt he site was back online next day.

In short UJM is hit and miss, it has its uses in terms of logging your job search (when its not offline) but for job searching in a set distance from your home, its useless. I find jobsite.co.uk to be much much better for me.

Makes me wonder if any poor soul has been sanctioned for not seeing a job posted that day near their home when searching the UJM results of vacancies in set distance from theire home, could you imagine that?

That would be awfull, i hope its never happened but theres a possability it has.

It's funny how those who use UJM like good little claimants appear to be having more trouble that those who have asserted their right not to use it at all.

If using it is giving the adviser excuses to raise Doubts then an obvious solution would be to exercise one's right to have one's JSAg/CC altered so as to exclude its use altogether.

Indeed. Someone on the whatdotheyknow.com site put in a FOI request asking the DWP to back up with solid evidence their vague statement that 'thousands of people have expressed satisfaction with using UJ'. I eagerly await the excuse given in reply :)

i would like to know as to why a company not going to name them have to inform the job centre because there a partnership.

this is the info they have on there application form "we work in partnership with Job Centre Plus and therefore have agreed to notify them of anyone who joins us having used their services. To enable us to share this information with them, please indicate if you have been unemployed for a period of 6 months or more."

why is this the only company i have noticed that have put this?

when the job is not even on the job centre website?