style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add is there any sign on advisers this week at the job centre as while I was waiting on something a couple of people where talking about what they have been up to this week and 1 of them said he had signed on bla bla bla but I was thinking why would he be signing on as surely there would be no sign on advisers in the job centre from this Monday to in 2 weeks time.

The sign on advisers will be working unless they have taken personal holiday time. That's not really important. Most regular fortnightly signing is cancelled for the holiday week, but some other appointments will take places as normal. If you've been given details of your signing dates for the next few weeks then that is when you should attend. Other people may have different appointments, and some folks refer to any attendance at the JC as "signing on".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The sign on advisers will be working unless they have taken personal holiday time. That's not really important. Most regular fortnightly signing is cancelled for the holiday week, but some other appointments will take places as normal. If you've been given details of your signing dates for the next few weeks then that is when you should attend. Other people may have different appointments, and some folks refer to any attendance at the JC as "signing on".

Alright didn't know thought they maybe be off also.

I have been giving my next 3 signings dates 5-6-7 January as I am a daily signer.

Do you sign on? Or do you work?

Alright didn't know thought they maybe be off also.

I have been giving my next 3 signings dates 5-6-7 January as I am a daily signer.

Do you sign on? Or do you work?

I don't sign on, no, though I have in the past. I've also worked for the Jobcentre, though not as a signing adviser. At the moment my only work is volunteer based - I am neither employed nor a benefit claimant. In that sense I'm lucky.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 2 weeks later...

No. A JCP adviser (official term is "employment officer") can instruct you verbally and note it on the LMS computer system. Best practice suggests that the job details should be printed out and the consequences of not applying be given. It is in your interest to get any instruction in writing so that there is no confusion.

If it is a Work Programme adviser (commonly known as a " "), any mandatory activity, which includes applying for a vacancy, must be in writing and the letter either handed to you or posted "in good time". Verbal instruction, SMS text, or email is not sufficient.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

..plus if you've given the JC access to your Universal Jobmatch account - and you should never do this - they can use this to notify you of jobs to apply for and this should also be treated as mandatory.

If you have given them access then revoke it now and cut out one potential problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks

Got a interview coming up need to call sainsbury tomorrow as I need proof on id as i don't have a passport but got birth certificate should that do?

Also anyone been through sainsbury for interview I have been told u go for an interview then it is a hour phone call and then u have a test to do before seeing if u have got the job or not.

But if anyone can give me info on sainsbury interviews etc then would be great thanks.

Birth Cert is usually good enough to prove the right to work in the UK (which is probably what they want). A driving licence is good for a photo ID, and a bank statement or utility bill in your name identifies your address.

It must be a FULL birth certificate, not the short version.

Anything else can only be used to support either a Passport (which can be an expired one as long as it is the biometric type) or Full Birth Certificate

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If it is to work in a particular stor, I owuld suggest that you go and look round the store. Ask staff questions abot where items are and see what their response it. Then you can talk about it a bit and say how you like the approach of the staff and you are very supportive of that customer-facing attitude.

Mooch around for 30 minutes or so - but don't look like a shoplifter!!

Read the Sainsbury's website and learn as much about their policies as possible. Make it look as if you really have taken an interest in the business

^^^ Agree entirely!

Supermarkets are all about giving good service - now more than ever, so if you are observing how existing Sainsburys staff work and you see an example of this, remember the person's name mention how impressed you were with the way they were working and how, as a customer you value friendly, helpful and knowledgeable people serving you and would be keen to deliver this in turn should you be fortunate enough to be given the opportunity. Bankfodder is spot on in suggesting you research Sainsburys - their history and philosophy - it might just separate you from being somebody who 'needs a job' as being somebody who has taken the trouble to learn more about the job and company. This page sums up what they are looking for, so think of examples of how you measure up. http://sainsburys.jobs/role/in-store/checkout-assistant Interviewers often ask for examples of where you have given or received good service, so make sure you have a couple up your sleeve.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It must be a FULL birth certificate, not the short version.

Just wanted to ask what happens if all that has ever been issued is a short version?

When I was registered and the date on the birth certificate backs this up, then a short version was all that was issued to my parents.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am curious to know.

Thanks

Just wanted to ask what happens if all that has ever been issued is a short version?

When I was registered and the date on the birth certificate backs this up, then a short version was all that was issued to my parents.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am curious to know.

Thanks

Hello there. If you think you need a full certificate, you can always apply for one online. £9 to you if you go direct to the records office. Don't use other commercial websites because they charge you extra.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

HB is correct - you can order the full version online very easily. When a birth is registered a full entry is created on the register, and the parent(s) registering the birth get a short version free of charge at the time, or can buy a full version if they wish.

For official use - opening a bank account, getting a first passport, getting married etc, AND where being used as a proof of entitlement to work in the UK, only a full Birth Certificate is acceptable.

DONATE HERE

Instead of opening a new theard

I was wanting to know if this has happened to anyone

I was signing on today and this woman was the first time I had her and she said why don't you have all the websites etc u have visited every day like u have put down today I said because never been told to and a have seen my adviser and a lot of signing on advisers and only u has told me I need to I said I will do it from now on but I have been told or had any issues she said it's just incase the benefit people see etc I was thinking Jesus it's only putting down names of websites I checked not actual jobs!

What do you guy/girls think of this.

I never bothered listing every web site visited. It was usually something along the lines of:

• Searched jobs.com for vacancies.
  • Applied for vacancy xxx at [company name]
  • Contacted [company name] (omitting to say it was via the company's web site) to see if they had any vacancies.
  • etc, etc.

The key point is to fill as much space as possible. Sure, searching a jobs web site counts as one action, but each application you make counts as new actions (just don't mention the previous job search web site). Drown the JCP in nauseating detail :wink:

Can't believe they complain about that putting down website do they not know that we apply for them jobs via a website and there name. What a silly excuse for a sanction Ect i must say. She said my claimant commitment says I said I was doing that in the book which I have been told I don't need to use and to keep that stuff down on the book and put like my cv jobs stuff like that on to UJM but yet this adviser the only one complaining about putting websites names down.

I better have my money in my bank on Saturday or I'm putting a complaint in

This claimant commitment why does it say with all the 'my actions for getting work' and then a list of stuff but below it says I will keep evidence my work plan booklet will help me do this I said I had it in my book but didn't want to look at it plus if this website sites I have to write down daily why doesn't it says 'my universal jobmatch account will show this why it only say work booklet. Confusing what is this claimant commitment for both UJM and work booklet or just the one of them ? If it's both why don't it say that in the sheet.

Claimant commitment actions is design to offer my the best chance of doing so so why is putting websites on UJM daily as I don't think putting down website should be must it's only websites not like it's a job your applying for lol.

Can't believe they complain about that putting down website do they not know that we apply for them jobs via a website and there name. What a silly excuse for a sanction Ect i must say. She said my claimant commitment says I said I was doing that in the book which I have been told I don't need to use and to keep that stuff down on the book and put like my cv jobs stuff like that on to UJM but yet this adviser the only one complaining about putting websites names down.

I better have my money in my bank on Saturday or I'm putting a complaint in

Are you saying that in your Claimant Commitment you have agreed to use UJM and you have allowed them access to it? Plus that you have also agreed to use and keep up to date the Work Plan Booklet?

Are you on Universal Credit CC or on JSA/CC?

Claimant commitment actions is design to offer my the best chance of doing so so why is putting websites on UJM daily as I don't think putting down website should be must it's only websites not like it's a job your applying for lol.

The Claimant Commitment is not designed to help you find a job or improving the job search activities. It is yet another way for the JCP to increase the pressure, trip you up, and impose sanctions - If in any doubt, google "JCP harassment" and/or look at some of the evidence being presented to the Select Committee review of the Oakley Report.

Are you saying that in your Claimant Commitment you have agreed to use UJM and you have allowed them access to it? Plus that you have also agreed to use and keep up to date the Work Plan Booklet?

Are you on Universal Credit CC or on JSA/CC?

Sorry if I come across not good just ****ed of about this.

No nothing on my claimant commitment that says 'agreed to use UJM or I must give them access' and when I was giving my claimant commitment I was giving the work plan booklet and that's what it's for.

I am on job seeker allowance universal credit isn't here.

Just don't get why putting what websites I have checked down everyday not even my adviser complains about my job search or any other sign on advisers they have always been happy with my job search but this one said something just incase the 'benefit something ' sees it but yet my job search has been the same for the last 10months when I got my claimant commitment Not one complain till Wednesday there