Jump to content

Compensation claim


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi people, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but cant find any thing like this,



I need your help,



I am looking into getting compensation for my father in law,

he is deaf and as been for about last15 yrs,



I have heard and seen in the media if you worked in the coal mining or engineering industry,

that he my be able to claim compensation

but I cant find were to write to,



all I seem to find is solicitors or claims companies,



I don't want him to be paying these guys if I can do it for free, any help please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be more complicated than you think - but I would begin by trying to find out if there have been any group claims and whether they were successful and exactly what the result was.

I would start off by calling the offices of the Trades Union - or any miner's associations and they will start to advise you. If there is already a well-worn route then I don't see any point in starting from scratch.


I would have thought anyway, that you would need at least one expert report showing that his impairment was industry-related.

Start of by contacting the Union

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I would speak to the union. If you decided to go for professional help then I would want to know how many similar cases they had handled and I would want to be put in contact with successful claimants to get an idea of how exactly it went.


Don't forget that there is a risk that you might be out if time. Might be 3 years for PI - and I can't remember the time for latent damage

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Loads of claims companies cold calling people who had worked in industry offering to claim on their behalf, if I was in your position read up on industrial deafness and then get a claim pack through the post.


Make the claim yourself then as long as it has merit.


There may be info on health and safety executives site as well as industrial injuries goverent site.

I am fighting it all the way :-x

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I would get a claim pack from one of these claims companies is that you will get a feel about the infoation needed to make your claim. The questions they ask would provide an outline for the particulars of claim if you think about going it alone.


Any Union membership your dad had may also have carried over into his retirement so thereby be a fund for legal insurance.


House insurance may also cover legal exes rather than

Pay 40-60% of any compensation to a claims handling company

I am fighting it all the way :-x

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...