Claim Form Carter/lowells HBOS Current Account*** Claim Discontinued***

yorkiedart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your witness statement should consist mainly in support of the debt being statute barred...you are already aware of the argument they will use to respond so it needs to be adapted to cover their counter argument as to why the cause of action is invalid....bump your thread nearer the date you have to exchange witness statements and I will draft you a suitable response.

Focus.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have plenty of time to draft a suitable response.:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Witness Statement...you have already submitted your defence....not as yet...take a look this week.

(nudge your post by midweek if I have not posted)

Andy

Should have a draft ready for you in the Morning Yorkie....

IN THE NORTHAMPTON county court

Claim No. ...........

BETWEEN:

Claimant

Lowell Portfolio Ltd

AND

Defendant

Mr .............

_________________________ ________

WITNESS STATEMENT OF MR

_________________________ ________

I ..............., being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence to this claim.

1. On or around the 12th December 2014, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Center, Northampton, for the amount of £818.82.

2. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Halifax under account reference number ......... The particulars of claim fail to detail when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default or details as to how the sums claimed have accrued or when the agreement was entered into.

3. The particulars of claim state that this claim is for “an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide financial and/or services and/or goods”.

4. Assuming it is referring to an old current account held with Halifax.I will contend should it be admitted that this account has been dormant since February 2007 and any alleged balance outstanding would be now statute barred pursuant to the limitation Act 1980 Section 5.

5 Furthermore any balance would be as a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account by way of an unauthorised overdraft created and added by Halifax themselves.

The court will be aware that these charge types and the recoverability thereof have been judicially declared to be susceptible to assessments of fairness under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 The Office of Fair Trading v Abbey National PLC and others (2009).

6. On 2nd January I contacted Bryan Carter Solicitor explaining that any alleged debt would now be exempt pursuant to the limitation Act 1980 Section 5 exempts the above due to the six years rule.

7.On 6th January 2015 Bryan Carter Solicitors replied that the account was not statute barred. [EXHIBIT C].It is averred that this default date is inaccurate by almost 3 years and pursuant to the Information Commissionaires Office website ... " we expect the CRAs to take reasonable measures to ensure the information that is reported by lenders via their credit files is accurate "

Furthermore that Halifax themselves are reporting accurate data and not stopping time to evade debts from reaching the limitation point.

8. On 15th December 2014 I made a formal written request to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBIT A]. CPR 31.14

9. The Claimant has mentioned the credit Agreement, the default Notice and the assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has provided none of these documents despite my efforts to seek clarification and inspect these documents.

10.Therefore it is essential that I have sight of the Agreement / Facility Notice and also Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 (Demand /Recall) relied upon by the Claimant to be able to accurately identify to what the claimants claim relies on and to clarify that the cause of action is accurate in connection with any alleged outstanding balance.

Statement of Truth

I, ........., the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: _________________________ _______

Dated: _________________________ _______

Check it for accuracy and edit/ amend to suit.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

you cheer

you've won!

another of his speculative claims bites the dust

proves why people MUST ALWAYS...defend all

give it a few days and check with the court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done Yorkie:wink:

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy