Missing Ingeus Appointment Letters

TG70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I informed them that it's actually Christmas time and there's a high volume of mail across the country, maybe that could be the problem to which I was told that "all appointment letters sent from Ingeus are sent registered"

Did you get this comment in writing (or managed to record it) ?

If so, demand that they provide a copy of the Proof of Delivery and the thirteen digit number.

You are correct in stating that delivery targets for post sent via Royal Mail have been suspended owing to the Christmas rush - First class is typically being delivered in anything up to five days, and second class, "when it gets there". Quoting from the Royal Mail web site, the last posting dates to guarantee delivery by Dec. 24th:

Thursday 18 December 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For®

Saturday 20 December 1st Class and Royal Mail Signed For®

Tuesday 23 December Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi Mr. P, unfortunately I never got the comment in writing nor did I record it. I did ask them for proof of the proof of registration for sending it but they knew it was a lie and never said anything, oh and funnily enough as of today I still have not received that previous appointment letter from Ingeus (the appointment was on 5th December)

The problem is, I may now be sanctioned over the Christmas and New Year period for non-attendance of an Ingeus appointment that I didn't even know about as I hadn't been informed I had said appointment in any capacity.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my original post that the appointment I was informed by Ingeus that I had missed through no fault of my own was for 4:00pm on Monday 5th December, I signed on that same day (which I also told them in the infamous "all letters are registered" appointment)....at 9:00am. I've already told them on previous occasions about my next signing date and time so they don't make an appointment that over-laps my signing time and day.

You may well collect a sanction over this missed appointment. If you do, you need to ask for a "mandatory reconsideration" by the DWP and request a copy of the WP08 & supporting documentation submitted by Ingeus. If you can show that the letter had not been posted "in good time" and that you do not have any known issues with postal deliveries, a sanction may be overturned at this stage.

If the Decision Maker upholds a sanction, lodge an immediate appeal and hopefully you can show that "on balance of probability" that the letter was never posted. In the meantime, get this Ingeus "adviser" to put in writing that "all appointment letters are posted by recorded mail" and use that against them. If you have the ability, I would strongly encourage you to record all future conversations, if for no other reason than to collect these little lies.

..can I add that if any future Ingeus appointment clashes with your normal signing time at the JC then the JC appointment takes precedence. WP guidance clearly states that nothing they do must prevent you from attending JC/DWP appointments. Extract from Work Programme Guidance 'Chapter 1 - Introduction & Overview' below;

'Some participants may be required to attend mandatory interventions with Jobcentre Plus. For example JSA participants will be required to attend their Jobsearch Reviews and other mandatory interventions at Jobcentre Plus, you should ensure that nothing you require of participants prevents them from attending these appointments.'

The WP like to make out they're the 'priority' just because you're now with them, but the JC comes first, not them.

You may well collect a sanction over this missed appointment. If you do, you need to ask for a "mandatory reconsideration" by the DWP and request a copy of the WP08 & supporting documentation submitted by Ingeus. If you can show that the letter had not been posted "in good time" and that you do not have any known issues with postal deliveries, a sanction may be overturned at this stage.

If the Decision Maker upholds a sanction, lodge an immediate appeal and hopefully you can show that "on balance of probability" that the letter was never posted. In the meantime, get this Ingeus "adviser" to put in writing that "all appointment letters are posted by recorded mail" and use that against them. If you have the ability, I would strongly encourage you to record all future conversations, if for no other reason than to collect these little lies.

Well, as you will probably have guessed, I still haven't received any letter from Ingeus for the 5th December appointment that I was somehow telepathically supposed to know about without any notification.

This is just one recent example in a long ever building list of grievances I'm compiling of Ingeus, I'm still sitting on the serious Data Protection Act breach of my personal information that they still appear to be doing.

My guess is that when I ask for the "mandatory reconsideration" that it's the Ingeus "work attain's" word of posting the letter against my word of never receiving it?

Basically what we have here is that an Ingeus "work attain" can miss sending out an appointment letter to you (by mistake or on purpose) and you can be sanctioned then a few weeks down the line they can do the very same with another appointment letter and you can be hit with further sanctions.

I just don't understand why Ingeus can't email appointment details to you as well as send a letter out as an assurance of you getting the information so you don't miss an appointment or is that the whole idea of doing it the one way via letter? So you end up being sanctioned.

I'd hold my hands up and accept it was my fault had I missed the appointment through something I did myself, but this was out of my hands. I never received an appointment letter that Ingeus said had sent me out and therefor through no fault of my own I could be sanctioned benefits.

..can I add that if any future Ingeus appointment clashes with your normal signing time at the JC then the JC appointment takes precedence. WP guidance clearly states that nothing they do must prevent you from attending JC/DWP appointments. Extract from Work Programme Guidance 'Chapter 1 - Introduction & Overview' below;

'Some participants may be required to attend mandatory interventions with Jobcentre Plus. For example JSA participants will be required to attend their Jobsearch Reviews and other mandatory interventions at Jobcentre Plus, you should ensure that nothing you require of participants prevents them from attending these appointments.'

The WP like to make out they're the 'priority' just because you're now with them, but the JC comes first, not them.

On each appointment I attend at Ingeus, I refresh my "work attain's" memory of when the next date of my signing day at the Job Centre (every 2nd Monday at 9:00am - I inform them the day, time and date) yet she seems to send me appointments for Ingeus in the mail for the very same day as my Job Centre attendance but for times such as 3:00pm or 4:00pm.

I rely on public transport so I'm having to get to my Job Centre signing appointment at 9:00am by bus then I come home on the bus, then have to get the bus back into the same town for the Ingeus appointment again at 3:00pm or 4:00pm, and then back home again after the Ingeus appointment.

I do that or I will have to hang around the town in the cold, wet, damp weather for six and seven hours at a time to be able to attend the Ingeus appointment without coming all the way home from my Job Centre appointment and then having to returning all the way back to the same town for my Ingeus appointment again.

I've also been hit with three appointments for 5th, 9th & 13th January (three appointments in a one week period) - the 5th January is my signing day at 9:00am but they have given me a 9:30am appointment this time. I know people who are only going once a fortnight and some who are going once a week (I've been once a week or a fortnight since beginning) but I'm guessing my three appointments in a week are as "punishment" for having a go at the "work attain" for lying over the appointment letters being sent out registered by Royal Mail when they aren't? Is there a limit to attending Ingeus or can they call you in five days in every week if they so choose?

I've also been hit with three appointments for 5th, 9th & 13th January (three appointments in a one week period) - the 5th January is my signing day at 9:00am but they have given me a 9:30am appointment this time.

From DWP issued Work Programme provider guidance, Chapter 1, page 5:

• Some participants may be required to attend mandatory interventions

with Jobcentre Plus. For example JSA participants will be required to

attend their Jobsearch Reviews and other mandatory interventions at

Jobcentre Plus, you should ensure that nothing you require of

participants prevents them from attending these appointments.

I would strongly recommend that you take this letter with you when you sign on on the 5th Jan. Show it to the JCP adviser and insist that they make a note on the LMS about the timing of this appointment. ALL DWP/JCP appoinments take priority over anything handed out by a Work Programme provider. By getting the JCP adviser to note a conflict of timing on the DWP system, you have laid the grounds for a successful appeal should Ingeus try to get a sanction over a "failure to participate".

Three appointments within one week does indeed sound like a vindictive response to your pointing out the errors in their ways - All I can do is suggest that you read up on all the DWP guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-programme-dwp-provider-guidance (including the running live memos) - Use the information contained within these documents to ensure they follow correct procedure, and record all conversations.

• 2 weeks later...

Now you mention it, neither was I ! I just showed them a hand-written list on their own job sheets and they took my word for it - they obviously knew I was a man of great integrity and honesty and could be trusted ;)

..either that or they didn't like to push things in case I found something else to report them for.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry I have nothing to help with on the topic, but I have been reading this thread with great interest and wondered a couple of things?

With the SAR request - Mr P said "send a SAR to the DWP requesting all information held by them and all subcontractors including Ingeus."

question - Shouldnt you still send an additional SAR to Ingeus directly?

Another question - How long is deemed a 'reasonable' time for Ingeus to issue an appointment. I.e. could they ring me at 2pm on a tuesday and expect me to be there at 10am in the morning, or does there need to be 24, 48, 96? hours notice given?

Thanks, James

."send a SAR to the DWP requesting all information held by them and all subcontractors including Ingeus."

question - Shouldnt you still send an additional SAR to Ingeus directly?

The DWP is the "data controller" for the Work Programme, so they are responsible for providing ALL information held by themselves and their subcontractors. If you were to send a SAR to Ingeus, they may well try to charge you the standard £10 fee (the DWP do it for free).

As for your final question: A mandatory appointment must be made in writing. No emails, text, or telephone calls. What constitutes a "reasonable time" is subjective, but allowances must be made for posting delays, i.e. three to five days if sent second class, longer if sent over the Christmas period. If you live in a rural area with questionable public transport, additional time must be provided to allow for travel arrangements to be made.

..plus they can't include weekends and bank holidays as 'normal days' either.

They tried it on with me, posting a letter on Friday and wanting me in on Monday - according to them they'd given me '2 days notice' but I showed them the guidance which said 2 working days notice at least and promptly reported them. They never tried it again.

..plus they can't include weekends and bank holidays as 'normal days' either.

They tried it on with me, posting a letter on Friday and wanting me in on Monday - according to them they'd given me '2 days notice' but I showed them the guidance which said 2 working days notice at least and promptly reported them. They never tried it again.

Did exactly the same to me once. Posted a letter Friday which was delivered Tuesday (post comes after 2pm) for a appointment

that very same day at 10am. So I was basically late for an appointment because the letter arrived after it.

I got on the phone to them straight away and got a right charlie the other end. Just did not want to accept that the letter arrived after appointment.

Used loads of excuses to try an make it out I was lying about the time I received it.

I eventually got it sorted very quickly after I asked where I could make a complaint.

Used loads of excuses to try an make it out I was lying about the time I received it.

One such excuse, after sticking a second class stamp on and expecting a first class service from Royal Mail was "We can not be held responsible for delays in the postal service".

The two day rule in the DWP guidance only applies if a first class stamp is used. If any adviser tries to blame the postman for their own failings, point them to: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/customers/quality-service

Our targets are:

• First Class mail – a minimum of 93 per cent delivered the next working day
  • Second Class mail – a minimum of 98.5 per cent delivered within three working days.