Falsely Imprisoned & Harassed by Workplace Security

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The MSE thread was a waste of time so got binned. Useless people trying to impress each other on the internet. Boring & sad !

Feel free to find me and come and have a chat chickrick, most will know me if you find my name out. I am not a hard man to find, and yes I am Blues... ;-)

I am guessing you are not a track-rat?

LOL, the responses there were pretty much the same as here, i.e. get a life.

Is that some sort of challenge/threat? :lol:

Wrong, track-rat, been in production manufacturing for 28 years, worked for MG Rover for 17 years till Longbridge went bump then PVCu manufacture before getting in at JLR. In that time the only area I've not worked is Paint and have done pretty much every job imaginable for a un/semi-skilled worker.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chickrick, that is not a threat, but if you would like to come and make your point in person rather than behind a screen I would gladly listen. But no, I bet you won't. You have read the MSE thread, and then decided to take up your own time signing up on here, just to give us your CV, and ad nothing constructive to what I have asked.

chickrick, go away will you, nobody here gives a *** about your opinion other than your other MSE mates who all are so desperate to be 'heard'. You ain't funny, and you won't come and see me, so bore the *** off and stop wasting your life trying to be 'funny' on the internet.

To all the constructive people, thanks. Just trying to keep out of trouble.

Edited by honeybee13
Veiled swearing removed.

Woah guys. Time for BOTH of you to step away from the computer and calm down. This isnt a troll site, and certainly not MSE. Either be civil or the site team will have to make their presence known.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I did rainbow, but apologise for what exactly? You have read what happened right? It is as it is. An over excited security guard not following her correct 'process' (chickrick, you know all about process there I'm sure) IMO by not displaying the STOP board in the correct manor, and facing me. I'll go in as normal. If something is made of it, this thread may be useful. This is why I posted.

If chickrick didn't 'troll' the thread, we would be on track.

If you want to place a User on your ignore list.

1. At the top of right the webpage click on "User CP"

2. Got to the "My Setting" (Left side of page), scroll down and click "Edit Ignore List"

3. In the "Ignore List" screen just add the Username and remember to click "okay".

Job Done

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Would you not agree that you also played your part in this though?

Whatever the security guard did or did not do in not stopping you sooner, I can't answer. But she did attempt to get you to stop, but you wanted a fast exit as you was not willing to wait behind the trucks.

I feel mistakes were made on both sides, but you have to be the bigger person & admit your part in this & apologise for it.

Believe it or not but sometimes taking the higher ground & apologising can go a long, long way in putting things right.

What's so wrong in doing this? Its so this situation does not blow out of all proportion & go places it needn't go too.

In anger we can react & say all manner of things & we don't actually mean them. It's in the heat of the moment.

Which is why I say, let it go, move on from this, don't let this define you as a person.

You are better than this I'm sure!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Methinks this thread has well taken a wrong turn. It is being closed.

Thanks to all those who contributed sensibly.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I do not want to get into the the reason why in this thread, those that followed the last thread know why. Lets just keep this on topic.

So is there a SAR template for this scenario?

Can they refuse to 'protect their business'?

Can it be handed to any management?

Can they use it to make an assumption of what happened?

Will this do?

To the Data Controller

**WORKPLACE**

Data Protection Act1998 Subject Access; CCTV Captured images s7.

20th December 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to make a request under the Data Protection act1998 ,to be given a copy of video/fixed photographic stills and images recorded by your CCTV at the **WORKPLACE**, which have images of myself.

on Friday 19th December, between 0500-0515 hrs

This is my right under section 7 of the act, principles 1/6/7.

Please forward me a copy of your request form, which shows your process to obtain this, in compliance of the act.

I give you 40 days to comply.

I will be requiring a copy of images that include myself, on DVD format, since this is the only means I have to view it using my own equipment.

I understand that a data controller, can refuse to provide a request, in the absence proof of the subject being supplied.

To comply with this requirement, I enclose a copy of my driving licence.

Yours Faithfully

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

You can adapt the SAR from the CAG library

NOTE: They have 40 calendar days in which to comply with the request. (if you are sending over the bank holiday, then you might be expected to let them have a couple of extra days. You need to enclose £10.00 which is the statutory fee.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Given that you are not content to keep your head down and see what the lie of the land is on Monday morning, personally I would simply ask my manger on Monday if I could have a copy. To start with.

This is proportionate and will probably get you what you want.

To go weighing in "all guns blazing" with a SAR seems over the top for what I read in the other thread(s). And may guarantee a defensive (and as a result hostile) response.

• Haha 2

I will speak to my manager as he is knows what they are like, and I gave him the heads up anyway. He won't say nothing until he has to, and will most likely back me anyway. I will go and get a new card from reception. If I am asked to explain myself, I won't be answering any questions unless I have a union rep present. I will be prepared, as if they think they can steamroll you, then will try.

My problem is I may now be dealing with the security team, who will come on their high horses to get one over the lads on the track. It's an 'us & them' attitude. They let people into the car park who do not have passes, then paste big white stickers on peoples windowscreens when they double park due to lack of space.

It's a good idea to ask your manager for the cctv footage, but be aware that most companies keep the recording for a limited time (14 days/ 30days).

So if your manager says that everything is ok, ask him for a written confirmation, just in case in a few weeks they call you for a complaint from security and you have nothing to back you up

Can they refuse to 'protect their business'?
There is not really a basis for them to refuse in the Data Protection Act itself, although it is also fair to say that the DPA is not always complied with and is difficult to enforce when people don't comply with it.

Can it be handed to any management?
Yes, management will almost certainly be made aware of the request.

Can they use it to make an assumption of what happened?
Yes, if there is a dispute about what happens then people will watch the CCTV and will draw their own conclusions based on what is shown on the tape (which is probably not very much at all).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Personally i would post your request and kepe proof of postage so that if they fail to comply you will then have a paper trail to forward to the ICO

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

So what happened at work?

Suspended on full pay on Monday as a preventative measure, so an early Xmas and a later New Year for me. It is standard practice at my place suspending while the investigation takes place. I am sure though that both parties have to be suspended, am I right? I won a tribunal a few years back where they never suspended the other party. I won my case.

My boss said he heard I tried to run the guard over, but HR only mentioned threatening & abusive behaviour. I hope she is not saying she felt I was going to run her over because that I would not even threaten to do. Racking my brains over this I can only remember when I drove into the box initially before she went nuts, and then when she took my ID, name, details, I got into the car as the opposite lane gate was open, I was going to go, but realised she had move to the front left of my car between my car and the gate, so I got out again to ask her if I could go but she shoutedto her colleague to lower the barrier. Now, I may have edged forwards slightly, but for sure not in a aggressive nature, which I am very confident CCTV will show, if anything it was slight & slow. Depends how they take it. Could I be in the wrong there, is she supposed to stand in front of vehicles like that ?

Other than that my record is clean at work. The annoying thing is I could have left work any time between 2am & 6am as I had an appointment early the next day (we get 4 hours for hosiptal), but stayed until 5am as they were short of labour.

If she was standing in the way of your vehicle, you shouldnt have been moving, or even attempt to move the vehicle at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If she was standing in the way of your vehicle, you shouldnt have been moving, or even attempt to move the vehicle at all.

I do get your point, but I noticed, and stopped. There is no way on earth I would intentionally try and run someone over.

there is no requirement to suspend both parties if they are only investigating one of them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Sorry to say "I told you", but I told you.

Sar them immediately before they overwrite the cctv evidence.

I would also ask your manager to obtain cctv in case with the 40 days time limit on a sar they play a number on you and dispose of the footage.

Put your version in writing and avoid mentioning any swearing, calling her silly or anything else and also don't mention that you moved the car forward as this could not be established by cctv footage hopefully.

Did you see her complaint?

What sort of lies she put in there?

Is the other security backing her up?

I would suggest the OP calms down a bit. If indeed it is one of the plants referred to in the previous posts I know for a fact that they have rigorous procedures in place for dealing with disputes and in the first instance you need to raise a grievance IF.....you find action is taken against you. Again, if, it is the company suggested you need to consider your position very carefully especially if you are not on a permanent contract. The Unions work very closely with HR and security and have all signed up to a "dignity at work" policy which is enforced with vigour.

Something makes me think this pettiness will end in tears on your part!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks