return of personal belongings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was employed for 6 1/2 years by a company in the UK but was permanently based overseas.

Recently I was dismissed (im taking this to the tribunal) and

they brought me back to the UK.

I could only bring one case with me and had to leave the rest of my belongings in Europe.

I asked for them to please get the rest of my stuff back home to me and they have refused.

What can I do about this?

thanks

Ok I was sent to work by my employee, a UK Company to work permanently overseas. Obviously as people do over years you collect stuff. When I got dismissed (Iwas called back to the uk for this to happen, so came with the minimum of things as was not expecting this), after the dismissal I was sent back to Europe to collect my things. I could not bring everything in one go as I only had one suitcase, so emailed the company and asked if they could please get my remainder of things sent back to the uk. I then came home (UK). Eventually, today, I got an email saying that I am responsible for my own belongings. Firstly they said they would look into it, and now they saying no. what I want to know is - are they responsible to bring me back with my things or not? Or are they doing this because I am taking them to a tribunal? My belongings are still in the house I was renting (the company paid the rent - which they have not paid now either)

Thanks hope you can advise me

It would be entirely reasonable for you to have shipped your possessions home. Your acquiring things is not your employers problem.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Tugela

It would have been prudent whilst you were there to make arrangements, because there was a good chance under the circumstances that your former employer more then likely would said 'no'.

Was there a specific 'relocation' package when you moved out there? If so were there any 'T & C's' with that package, were costs would be covered?