Garage drilled draining holes in my door and now it wont open

Cealz14

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car to the garage due to leaking in my car, they said they had drilled holes in the left hand side passenger door as there weren't any to begin with. I took the car home and thought my problem was sorted. The next night i went to open the passenger door to find that the handle was very loose and didn't open. it worked perfectly fine when i took it to the garage. I returned the day after for them to say it's probably just 'unplugged' but if I could come back later as they were too busy. I returned and talked to another man, as the man that dealt with my car walked away as he saw me coming, at the garage and explained the situation, he told me that sometimes the cables snaps and that they would have to take the door apart, hence meaning more money i'd have to pay, although me expressing that i didn't think i'd have to pay as i did nothing wrong. Could they have damaged it, or is it just an extremely bad timed coincidence?

For now id go back and see what they say. They may just clip the cable back on if thats the issue and prob wont charge you.

If its a snapped pull cable then its very unlikely its the garages fault and more than likely just poor timing. It shouldn't be much if it is that.

What car? What age? Central locking? Does the door unlock and just not open?

At this point, I would be wary of following rebels advice, purely on the basis that they may just repair it at no cost to keep the customer happy. Sometimes, the moment you play hard ball, they will just clam up and say its bad timing and thats the end of it.

That said, if you have had enough of them and they are messing you around, then I would be following rebels advice to the letter and also initiating a charge back if you can.

I doubt putting a couple of drain holes in the bottom of the door has anything to do with it now not opening.

Have you tried both inside and outside handles and does it still unlock and lock with the central locking.

You can check on the drilling to see if it was made from outside the door or from the inside. If it was made from the outside, then a five minute job and there would be no reason whatsoever for them to touch any other part of the door, the door lock or the trim.

If it was drilled from the inside, they would have removed the trim but I see no reason why they would touch the lock at all.

The correct way would have been from the inside with removal of the swarf and the application of anti-rust.

Edited by Conniff