Investigatory meeting during notice period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I recently went away on a company trip with my 18 year old son. We had a argument and the police were called. no charges pressed and no arrest We had to go home with 2 days left of the holiday I was then asked to go into work because there was going to be a investigation at investigation I was suspended with full pay . I panicked as ive never been in this situation ad handed in my notice they responded saying my disciplinary would take place during my notice period. I don't feel my actions warrant gross misconduct but where do you think i stand in this matter any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Difficult situation.

I suppose they're arguing that the incident somehow brought the company into disrepute? Serious disrepute could constitute a gross misconduct charge for reputational damage, even if no charge was made.

Would your employer not consider just dropping it in light of your resignation? I dont see how pursuing you would be of much benefit to them if you're leaving shortly anyway...

Ya that is what they are saying .......brought the company into disrepute but we were not in uniform , on holiday and the only people evolved was me and my son? I have my disciplinary tomorrow they could possibly make it a lower charge and I would of them to actually drop it once i turned in my notice which makes me feel its worse then it is really. I dont know

It was a family argument, however it was in company time as you were away as part of work and had to return home early because of it. The company may feel your actions have bought the company name and character into disrepute and may be seen as a gross misconduct issued.

I am of the opinion that the negative publicity the argument bought for the company has angered certain people within the company and want to push through their own agenda before you escape the companies grasp.

You have no choice in my opinion, but to throw yourself at their mercy apologize profoundly state that you regret the actions and how this has also impacted if it has on your relationship with your son and that is why you tended your resignation and so don't see how dismissing you will achieve anything for the company or yourself.

If they do then dismiss rather than accept the resignation I suppose there may be a an appeal case due to predetermination just a thought and sorry to hear this has happened.

I hope the experts here can come up with something more positive.

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

depends on the ferocity of the arguent I'd say - pretty srong if the police had to be called? booze involved? public place?

throw yourself on their mercy.... as bill says...

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

This is a ruff draft of my defense tomorrow what do you think?

After having some time to reflect and speak with my son on what happened whilst abroad with the company I would like to slightly revise my first statement.

It was actually 6am when my son came to wake me up after being out the night before. I asked him on the night to come back but he insisted he would make his way back instead he has caught a cap without any money and they have held his passport at this point we started to argue and steve said he was leaving I went after him and caught hold of him to bring him back by which time the staff had already called police. In hine sight I could of made better decisions in regards to this matter and sent emails to peter pan, and bat man to this affect.

I realize and respect the position I have put the company in and are Sincerely sorry for what happened whilst away both me and my son are. I also realize there are consequences for actions but this was not premeditated nor intentional and after a year with the company I consistently hit my targets, nps,mysteryshops, I Have smoothly adapted through company changes helped follow colleges increased production in my branch in the year , opened another branch and the last time I looked I was 5th in the country. Prospected 2 companies and bout over 30 plus cars and I was just warming up.

I worked hard to win a fantastic trip in which I lost half of it along with the money spent whilst there. , I almost lost a relationship with my son , I have never been in this situation before so I have been stressed , not eating properly and not knowing weather or not you have a job I panicked and turned in my notice.

If extended this olive branch I will commit to performing at a higher standard then I did before. I can not see the advantage to either the company or myself if I were to leave and we get end up making something good out of a bad situation and a lesson learned.

I would like to request that the company ignore my resignation please?

Kind Regards

Edited by Guess Who

are those actually real people's names you've added? edit them please

changing statement isn't good unless you have to it is usually a sign of trying to wriggle a bit....

the section about why you should remain employed is good/

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I would also remove the last part about ignoring your resignation and would probably word it too.

Following my initial meeting when I returned to the UK I was not thinking proactively as I was confused as to why the police had been called to what I felt was a minor issue where I was genuinely trying to protect my son as any parent would do.

But also hadn't realized that we had caused a scene so possibly bringing the company name into disrepute.

I panicked, never having been in this position and rushed into presenting my resignation, which I now accept that this may have looked as if I was trying to dodge responsibilities for my part in the unfortunate matter. Should the company decide not to accept my resignation and give me a chance to make amends I would be very grateful, however, I will fully understand should you feel my position has become untenable. At this point I would then ask that you accept my resignation without malice.

Just a thought as in sales you can never be seen to be weak which is my understanding at least this way it puts the decision directly back onto the company without you loosing face as to be honest, I would do anything to protect my kids irrespective of age but works a bitch and family is an afterthought. And to be honest, why close down the option should they dismiss rather than accept the resignation, to appeal? Just my thoughts :)

Good luck, keep us updated

Bill

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

Well I have have just arrived home after my disciplinary and was dismissed fro 3 counts of gross misconduct 1. police intervention,2 bring company name into disrepute and aggressive behavior. thank you for all your help any suggestions on applying for a new job with this on my record?

Appeal stating predetermined outcome if you didn't revoke the resignation as suggested. Or just put a previous employer as a reference and say you have been working overseas for the past year. I have done that in the past more than once.

Sorry it didn't pan out.

Bill

Unfortunately with only one years service there is no tribunal route for you...

You could try an appeal by all means but after that its the end of the road.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

good morning

Well at this stage I could possibly appeal but I think i will put my energy in find a new career. I would like to here some feed back on my next step as far as do I put it on my cv be upfront or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I respect your honesty and decision to put it on your CV whether you do or don't do that is a matter of conscience. If you are as good as sales as you state, then why look at a different career? Your record will speak for itself.

If you choose to put it on your CV Put on that a poor judgement call led to you being dismissed and if called for an interview lay it on the line then.

I'd be intrigued if I saw that on an application, but that's just me.

So sorry for you, but hope it all works out.

Bill

Hia Bill

Well I`m not gonna put that on my cv as first impressions and all that. I am as good as i said i said i am and fell fowl to a unfortunate situation but i didn't get dismissed because fraud or because i cant do my job. there loss and i think someone must of had it in for me doesn't make sense really. One door closes another will open.