Halifax-40 Days And 40 Nights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For those that have sent off a S.A.R and are counting down the days it is worth contacting the bank as soon as they have cashed the £10 fee.

I sent Halifax my S.A.R on the 25th September, which was signed for the following day ((http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm) recorded delivery tracker)

They cashed the fee on 3rd October.

On the 3rd November I contacted them and received my statements the following day.

hello tonyevic

im still waiting from my charges 15days gone although they cashed the cheque within about 3days

just wanted to know who you contacted

was it your local bank

where you sent the sar to

or cutomer relations

please advise

thankyou

Hi spider. My £5 charge was taken from my account on 26th October. I phoned them 3 days later and was told that I should expect them within ten days of the charge being taken. And sure enough I recieved them yesterday (4th Nov.) . Only 9 days. Couldn`t believe it as I`ve seen the horror stories about people not recieving them within the 40 days.

Saying that, I never used the template S.A.R. I just sent them a letter asking for copies of my last six years statements. I think they probably hold on as long as possible if you ask for a list of charges!

My statements all came in one big envelope from Glasgow.

I sent the request to my branch.

HOpe this has been of use to you!

Guest bluecloud

Just to confuse matters further.

I sent two SARs on 03/10 (one for me, one for my partner). Both with postal orders, both recorded delivery, both received by the same person at the same time, both ignored.

I sent two reminders three weeks later, both at the same time. Mine received a reply and a couple of days later I received an incomplete set of statements. My partner has heard nothing.

I fully expect to send two non-compliance LBAs next Monday and two County Court claims a week later.

Spider

the contact numbers for Halifax are:

Direct Line: 01422 332991

Fax No: 01422 394512

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

Courtesy of :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/388-halifax-direct-contact-details.html

I guess it can be 'a bit of a lottery' depending on whose lap the paperwork lands in, but I think the key is not to sit back and wait, but to take control.

The people on the above number seemed helpful enough.

Good luck, persevere and remember the wealth of help and information on this forum

• Confused 1