You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Nationwide is facing mounting criticism from savers.This is a result of the cuts it has applied to savings rates in the wake of the Bank of England's decision to cut the Base Rate to 0.1 per cent. View the full article
    • As a former NHS manager in a mental health trust... I agree 100% with the actions recommended by stu007.  And I would make especially clear in your letter(s) of complaint that you are extremely concerned about the whereabouts of any confidential letter that was intended to be sent to you in the handwritten envelope.  (Indeed, the fact that a handwritten envelope addressed to you was used would suggest to me that they definitely had something to send you.  It also sounds a bit odd to me that the envelope was handwritten).   As well as complaining in writing to them, I'd contact the clinical team by 'phone first thing on Monday, explain what's happened and tell them to ensure that any confidential information about you that has been sent to a third party must be recovered immediately, and you want confirmation of that.  Well that's what I'd do - see if others think it a good idea or not.  If that had happened at my trust, heads would roll.   There's another poster on these boards called "think about it".  They're involved (I think) in GP practice management and may have some comments too about patient confidentiality.   Oh - I think I would include a photocopy of the handwritten envelope in my complaint to the trust and the ICO.   (I've got to ask - can you say what trust it is?  Don't say if you don't want to.)   EDIT:  And well done for contacting the other person to tell them what's happened.  You did the right thing
    • Hey, thank you very much again for your replies!   - We go to the branches and ask for business accounts, but as I give them my personal name they register them as sole trader accounts in their systems, regardless of my company name being on the agreement.  Suspended our services for high volume messaging -- that is not explicitly covered in terms and conditions Send us letters referencing wrong terms and conditions that we did not sign Terminate the contract and come with a random balance number. We argue unsuccessfully, but they don't follow up with the requested deadlock letter. Pass our account to Lowell in 2017 I pick the account back up when I notice it is affecting my credit file in 2020 I work on the case for about three weeks and file a complaint with CISAS I give Lowell my contract and they see it is my company's name on it so they pass it back to Vodafone Vodafone wants to settle my account quoting they should not charge me anything on the first place and they offer £250 as a compensation for distress. I mistakenly accept the offer because of confusing wording and thinking that the third party adjudicator was already involved in the case, although they would basically get involved on the later stage.  I make a complaint as per CISAS and try to reverse the settlement in the system and have third party adjudicator having a proper look into my case and hopefully reward me a much fairer compensation for all the damages.    I have made a SAR request with both Vodafone and Lowell so far, but still waiting for the Vodafone to send it.    I am now waiting for CISAS to respond, but because I am still upset how much damage this has caused me I am considering taking them to small claims court.  For that I am researching what are the acts I would have to reference in that case.   Obviously Consumer Rights Act 2015 and then Data Protection Act 2018 and perhaps some acts regarding entering into contractual agreements -- can you help with that maybe?        My main concern at the moment is to how to express claims well in a legal language, because £250 they offered feels just patronizing given that there has been everything clearly written in black and white, yet I have had to go though this damaging and humiliating experience. 
    • Cooling off periods do not apply to faulty items. The cooling off period relates to a distance purchase of an item which is of satisfactory quality. Where an item is faulty then it become subject to the rules under the Consumer Rights Act
    • I understand the cooling off period for online purchases, but this is a little different due to the item being collected/paid in person.    A used item was recently sold by auction on eBay. The seller inspected, paid with cash and collected the item in person.    The buyer is now claiming the item to be faulty.    If this transaction was completely remote and the item posted, I would absolutely expect the buyer to be entitled to a refund.    But as the transaction happened in person would the point of the money changing hands be when the contract is made? Therefore not giving the buyer any cooling off period?   I think this is the key information; Used item Paid in person Working when collected Private sale   Thanks!
  • Our picks

sniper101

Caught using sister's discounted oyster card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Help Please,

Was caught on 3rd of October with my sister in law discounted oyster card , at the time i didn't know it was discounted card. she wasn't using it anymore cause they issued her freedom bus pass.

The day i borrowed the card, i couldn't find my card which is discounted as well from the job center so i had to borrow. when i explained to the inspector he didn't believe me and took my details anyway. 4 weeks later i received a letter to explain what happen and replied with sincere apology followed the explanation and told them that am unemployed. Today i received a letter to appear in court 2 months from today.

I have 3 options

1.Guilty - Don't attend the court

2. Guilty - Attend the court

3. Not Guilty - Intend to call witness

What should i do? Do i need legal representation?

Will i get criminal record for this?

Do i call tfl or write to them to settle the case?

Any advice and information is appreciated.

Hi sniper101

Welcome to CAG

Firstly calm down. Even though you have your own discounted card, it doesn't entitle you to use your sisters card. You could get a Criminal Record but at the moment you need to try and get an out of court settlement. You need to write to TFL again.

How many times did you use your sisters discounted card? You don't need legal representation at the moment.

Also you need go to your local underground station and obtain a print out of your travel history. You need that to prove that you have a history of payment to TFL and this is an isolated incident. This is very important.

Hi sniper101

Welcome to CAG

Firstly calm down. Even though you have your own discounted card, it doesn't entitle you to use your sisters card. You could get a Criminal Record but at the moment you need to try and get an out of court settlement. You need to write to TFL again.

How many times did you use your sisters discounted card? You don't need legal representation at the moment.

Also you need go to your local station and obtain a print out of your travel history. You need that to prove that you have a histroy of payment to TFL and this is an isolated incident. This is very important.

Use it once. unlucky i guess

Also very important, can you get your Oyster Card (Discounted) transport history with payments?

This again is very important.

Use it once. unlucky i guess

Also very important, can you get your Oyster Card (Discounted) transport history with payments?

This again is very important.

That won't be hard to get. Thanks for the advice

Get hold of that, then we can advise you on writing a letter with your mitigating circumstances.

That won't be hard to get. Thanks for the advice

Get hold of that, then we can advise you on writing a letter with your mitigating circumstances.

I got the history of my oyster card printed out...also have few receipts.

Any ideas on mitigating circumstances for tfl or the court?

Hi sniper101

You can now consider writing to the company as you have the reference number, in your letter quote the Ref Number on the letter. An example of a letter can be found in post no.18 in the link below. Amend it accordingly so you quote the correct railway regulation in the letter and that applies to your case, that will be stated in the letter you received from TFL. Don't copy the letter.link3.gifYour letter needs to have more substance and be personalized to your particular case. Convey that you regret your actions and are apologetic as you do in your initial post. Also send photocopies of your previous season ticket purchases as proof that you pay and abide by railway regulations, this is very important. Also any other mitigating cirumstances, i.e. that you are unemployed. Post the letter up on this thread before you send it off for input.

Send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk...ly-travel-card

I got the history of my oyster card printed out...also have few receipts.

Any ideas on mitigating circumstances for tfl or the court?