Capital One / Lowell

flappymoog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I often sit here and read the posts regarding Lowell, now I have some spare time I thought I would start a thread regarding my current account with them.

I hope that it helps others who sit reading without responding with own personal experiences.

I really can't remember when I got my first Capital One / Lowell letter as I usually just stick them in the shredder, however I have started to pay more attention now and get my credit file back in working order (work reasons)

I have a letter dated the 15th December (LOW101) "We can still help you get your account in order"

They say I owe £5XX.XX

Looking at my credit file the account was opened in May 2005 however for some reason it only shows on my Noddle report it seems to be missing from Equifax & Credit Expert.

Default Date Jan 2010 (on Noddle) by Lowell

Credit Limit £500

I couldn't tell you anything about this card, it maybe something the ex used a long long time ago. (on going issues)

Should I carry on ignoring them? or should I send a CCA request?

Cheers,

FlappyMoog

If the default from Lowell went on almost five years ago then clearly there were no payments made for some time to Capital One before they sold it on. (I'm assuming there are no CapOne defaults showing anywhere?)

What exactly have the letters been saying? Are they actually threatening anything yet?

If the default from Lowell went on almost five years ago then clearly there were no payments made for some time to Capital One before they sold it on. (I'm assuming there are no CapOne defaults showing anywhere?)

What exactly have the letters been saying? Are they actually threatening anything yet?

Hi Daniella,

They are just the random letters they issue, last one says they want to help me clear my balance etc... I have a feeling that this maybe SB but I was thinking until they try any legal action I wait for the next letter?

Cheers,

FlappyMoog

I have just looked through my dropbox folder and I found a letter dated back in Feb 2014 saying that I did not acknowledge this debt etc, please send details.

I think I will send a copy of this letter and the £1 Postal Order requesting the CCA after christmas once we see what other letters they send.

Cheers,

FlappyMoog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lowell replied to my request for the original credit agreement dated the 12th Jan - "we will do our best to get it within the 12 day's, however blah blah blah" they have asked the original lender etc... does the 12 days start from them taking receipt of the Recorded letter?

Letter was sent on the 6th, however the tracking does not give a date signed for.

yes receipt of request

though I'd not go sending any chase up

simple stop payments if you are making any

until they comply with an enforceable agreement.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

post 15

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the contents of my post 15 here

the question has already answered

though I'd not go sending any chase up

simple stop payments if you are making any

until they comply with an enforceable agreement.

dx

and they