Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Email is fine. Confirm it with a letter. Make sure the letter refers to the email and the date of the email. Everything runs from the date of the email. Start reading up about the steps involved in taking a small claim in the County Court. It's not difficult but it's worth knowing the steps in advance. I don't think you told us the value of the car?
    • Hi. Thanks for the response.    They actually did threaten to take courtesy car back and return my car without it being repaired. This happened on November 5th. Turns out they didn't even have my car as it's with a sub contractor.    Is an email a sufficient/appropriate way to send them the information?    Thanks again. 
    • Thanks. Was the bank loan specifically for the car purchase – or was it simply a loan and you basically did what you wanted with the cash? I think what I'm asking is whether the loan was made under the consumer credit act? Five weeks is excessive. Under the Consumer Rights Act if a defect manifest itself within the first 30 days then you have the right to reject the vehicle out of hand. Unfortunately you've missed this window. If a defect manifest itself within the first six months then the dealer is entitled to a single opportunity to repair – within a reasonable period of time and if not you are entitled to reject the vehicle. Write to the dealer immediately. Assert your rights under the consumer rights act. Tell them that under the consumer rights act you are giving them a single opportunity to repair the vehicle and if they failed to do that then you are rejecting it and you want a refund. Tell them that in view of the fact that they have had the vehicle for five weeks so far, you are now giving them a further five days to complete the repair and if they are unable to do that then you are rejecting the vehicle and you want a refund within a further seven days. If you want you can make this a letter of claim in which case you give them a total of 14 days for the refund from the date of the letter or else you will issue a claim in the County Court. On the other hand, you can wait for the five days plus the seven days – 11 days and then send the letter of claim giving them 14 days. In terms of the courtesy car, I don't see any point returning it until the matter is resolved – unless they do something quite dramatic such as demanding its return and threatening you that you will cease to be insured if you hang onto it. In that case let us know.
    • There is no where in writing where it states I would pay them back when I started work but this is what Dongara said to me in person as I met the HR women in the UK when she visited and we discussed this. That's why I mentioned the option of when I sell my house so I could potentially pay them from the sale of my house when I start work as we discussed in person. If we apparently agreed $200 a week why hadn't I started paying this back straight away and why did they wait for me to say I'm not starting work untill they asked for the money. (Because we discussed I person when I started work they wanted to take $200 a week from my salary).   Also, the question has never been raised as to why I didn't start work? Maybe I should put this in my next witness statement? So I flew out to Australia and worked for Dongara for a week (all paid for by myself) the health and safety were non existent and I worked with no safety wear (boots or mask bare in mind this were fibreglass) I were told climb on top of boat roofs with no harness and just a step ladder that wasn't attached to anything. The manager didn't once come to see me and see how I were getting on for the full week so I didn't feel welcome at all. The job was not carbon fibre which I were told and it was fibreglass. It was mostly wood work which wasnt my skillset so I were kind of worried this wasn't the job for me, so I asked a couple of the employees who were not Australian residents and they told me of you couldn't do the job when I arrived in Australia that the manager would shout at me and dock my wage like he had with them in the past and they adviced me to not leave my job in the UK for the one in Australia. This were a big shock to me and they were no way I was going to sell up and take my family of 3 children to the other side of the world for a job opportunity like this. So when I arrived back to the UK I emailed  Dongara telling them about my decision to not follow the job opportunity through. 
    • Can you please post up your Privacy notice as I have a feeling that  it wasn't produced on the WS  for EL21.
  • Our picks

VIDEO: Smoking in cars 'harmful for children'


NewsBot
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...