Southern electric debited too much!! ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't know where to start with these people!

I am in debt with them so I agreed back in July to pay £140 per month, approx £99 is usuage and the rest is to recover what's owed, fair enough.

Except today I check my account and they have debited £208!!!!

The e-mail I got when we agreed the £140 per month did not at any point say it would increase to this! .

I am so angry I don't know what to do but I know that I cannot affrod to be out of pocket by an extra £68 just before xmas :-(

Can I get this payment reversed somehow?? please help!!

this is the e-mail I got from them in July, showing what was agreed.

Thank you for your recent email regarding your electricity account.

I am sorry to hear of the current circumstances regarding your father and that you have not been able to make payments recently.

I have arranged a new Direct Debit plan on the account for you for payments of £140.00 a month. This will commence from 17 August 2014. You will receive a confirmation letter shortly.

Please be aware that this will be the last payment plan of this type that will be arranged on the account. If the plan closes for any reason, then an alternative payment method would need to be arranged e.g prepayment meter.

Please ignore any reminder notices that are dated before today, as these are no longer valid.

Along with setting up a payment arrangement you may be able to save money by opting for an alternative tariff. We are also keen to help you reduce your energy costs by providing you with information and tips on how to reduce your energy consumption and therefore your energy costs. For more information please find the enclosed information sheet.

We are aware that all of our customers needs are different and so in order for us to provide you with a more tailored service we would like to ask that you take the time to provide us with the following information:

•Your date of birth

•How many people live at the property?

•Number of Children and other dependants & ages?

•Details of any Disability or Vulnerability

•Name & contact details of care/social worker or third party

Hi Rebel,

As usual you are a genius!!!

I just called my bank and spoke to a very helpful lady who said the money will be back in my account by 8pm tonight and all I need to do now is contact the company and sort out what I need to pay for this month and ongoing.

I'm so annoyed at southern electric, have a good mind to pay them nothing to compensate me for the minor heart attack I had when I saw that this morning! I am not amused!

I definately won't be paying be direct debit with them - going to insist on a standing order instead - the cheek of them!

But Thanks again Rebel :-)

• 3 weeks later...

The Bank Refund is called an indemnity Claim and is covered in Section 11 of BACS's Service Users guide and rules to Direct Debits. This is what your DD Guarantee refers to when it says that you are entitled to a full and immediate refund