My employer has cut our hours by 50%

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our employer has cut our hours from 5 days a week to 2.5 days a week. This has been in place now since 1st August this year. The cut was due to a downturn in work and as things show no sign of improving i am wondering how long this can go on for and how long he can enforce this. I/we have accepted the situation as a temporary measure, but we have had no contact from our MD as to what his intentions are. I have been with the company for 10 years and presumably would be entitled to a redundancy payment but dont know how this works.

Hi jumpjet

What does it say in your T & C's of employment? What did he say in August regarding the duration of the measure?

I think your perfectly entitled to ask him the questions as it sounds like you have made consessions for the MD.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_work_comes_to_an_end_e/work_redundancy_e/redundancy_pay.htm

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

Hi Rebel11 and thanks for replying.

I dont have my T&Cs to hand and so have not had a chance to study my contract yet. In August when this started, it was basically a case of take it or leave it. MD has not confirmed the duration of cut hours and I have had no personal contact with him. All contact has been made via telephone or email with the general manager.

Write a letter to the General Manager, ask him for an update on the hours, plus any other questions you have. Send it Recorded Delivery.

Hi Rebel11 and thanks for replying.

I dont have my T&Cs to hand and so have not had a chance to study my contract yet. In August when this started, it was basically a case of take it or leave it. MD has not confirmed the duration of cut hours and I have had no personal contact with him. All contact has been made via telephone or email with the general manager.