• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Luxury bag and box company breach of contract

billybobyeeharrboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My friend has been taken in by someone offering them 2000 custom made luxury bags at the cost of £2352 which she has paid by bank transfer.

There was a verbal agreement that the bags would be ready in 8 weeks (I think)

my friend paid the chap through a bank transfer and has not received anything and now has found the chap UN-contactable!

The chap is in breach of contract (potentially) there is nothing in writing other then the paid invoice (attached).

Can anyone recommend what the next steps are?

My friend no longer wants the bags as it has been over 4 months and the bags are never going to materialise. They simple want their money back!

so far all we can find is as follows:

1. www.luxurybagbox.com

2. http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08845400/LUXURY-BAG-AND-BOX-LIMITED/directors-secretaries

3. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

Any information, help, advice is greatly appreciated

Regards

BB

Edited by billybobyeeharrboy

Hi,

I do have to ask this. Was your friend contacted by the company or did he contact them via the website? If he was cold called then I suspect a problem.

The site has been around less than a year.

As for paying via bank transfer. If this is a s cam then it is likely that he has lost the cash.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Is 1 the company your friend used and was invoiced by?

Hi there,

yes 1 was the company that my friend used.

2&3 are the company details for 1.

Regards

BB

I have edited the original post to add in a copy of the invoice that was sent and got paid.

There is a VAT registration number

Regards

Hi could you please answer post#3 question, was he contacted by the company directly? or did he contact them via their website? or was he Cold Called supposedly by someone from this company?

Have you written to the companies registered address enclosing a copy of said invoice asking for clarification?

• Confused 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ok just had a good look at the invoice

1.The Sort Code is Barclays Bank PLC, Worcester, Leicestershire, LE87 2BB You can verify this here: http://www.paymentscouncil.org.uk/resources_and_publications/sort_code_checker/

2. The SWIFT CODE is Barclays Bank PLC you can verify this here: http://ask.barclays.co.uk/business/general_info/swift_code

3. IBAN this I cant verify.

This doesnt mean this invoice is correct by any means and I would also check this with Barclays that all those bank details are actually correct.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The first thing is to see if you can get a response from the company that issued the invoice. You can start this off by writing a formal 'letter before claim' explaining that the company is in breach of contract, setting out what happened and explaining what you want the company to do. If there is no response then you can issue a small claim against the person who sold the bags and/or the company through the county courts. This sounds scary but it is actually quite easy.

The problem is whether the company will pay up. If the company is just a shell, then it might not have any assets. If you get a CCJ you could send bailiffs round to their address but who knows if they actually have a business there.

The good news is that you have bank account details. If the company refused to pay you could get what is called a third party debt order, ordering the bank to pay the amount in the account to you. However this would only work if the account still has money in it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have just used a bank account validity checker and it comes back as a good account with Barclays so all looks OK so far but until you get a response from the company, you are still in limbo

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi,

I do have to ask this. Was your friend contacted by the company or did he contact them via the website? If he was cold called then I suspect a problem.

The site has been around less than a year.

As for paying via bank transfer. If this is a s cam then it is likely that he has lost the cash.

The bag co approached my friend, they came into the shop in June.

Only have only ever had 2 emails from them

one was for the quote where 50 per cent deposit was paid

The other was with a proof of the bag where the next 50 per cent was paid, this was in September and they have been silent ever since.

Regards

BB

Hi could you please answer post#3 question, was he contacted by the company directly? or did he contact them via their website? or was he Cold Called supposedly by someone from this company?

Have you written to the companies registered address enclosing a copy of said invoice asking for clarification?

Hi Stu

The bag co approached my friend, they came into the shop in June.

Only have only ever had 2 emails from them

one was for the quote where 50 per cent deposit was paid

The other was with a proof of the bag where the next 50 per cent was paid, this was in September and they have been silent ever since.

In responses to your second question I have yet to write to companies house, please could you elaborate on how I would go about this and what this could achieve?

Regards

BB

Send a photocopy of the invoice to the registered address to see if it is one of theirs or whether your friend has been fooled.

Basepoint Bromsgrove, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove, B60 3ET, United Kingdom

Registered Address: Basepoint Bromsgrove, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 3ET

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08845400/LUXURY-BAG-AND-BOX-LIMITED/directors-secretarie

Basepoint Bromsgrove, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 3ET

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08845400/LUXURY-BAG-AND-BOX-LIMITED/directors-secretaries Basepoint Bromsgrove, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 3ET

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08845400/LUXURY-BAG-AND-BOX-LIMITED/directors-

• 1 month later...

Be warned this company used to trade under the company name packlyn limited which has now gone under I believe

The father started the business in the 80's and if had been bankrupted few times over and other similar named companies had been started up for the son to take over and run to the ground

Now they ditched and set up this luxury bag and box company only to go the same

Con people of monies and supply bags that clients have paid deposits for

Pm me billy

Ok no worries

I have a friend who has also experienced bad experience with this company

It's a shame companies if you can call them that can still operate like this for many years

Seems they know what they are doing in two things only

How to con people out of money

And how to get away scot free

Why is it this can be done to innocent people who have saved and worked hard for their own businesses only to be ripped off by people like them ?!?!,!?

Any advise how to stop them from carrying on doing this

Seems to me as soon as they are getting caught with ccj and letters from courts

they dump the company n start a new one before they get declared bankrupted

so can stil own a company

If they dump this company then it will only switch back to the father from the son as the son took over the business only becsuse the father declares bankruptcy

Any advise how to stop them from carrying on doing this

Seems to me as soon as they are getting caught with ccj and letters from courts they dump the company n start a new one before they get declared bankrupted so can stil own a company

If they dump this company then it will only switch back to the father from the son as the son took over the business only becsuse the father declares bankruptcy

Hi Jackjones,

thanks for commenting on the thread:

a couple of questions:

How was your friend effected by the 'company' in question?

Did they follow any kind of recourse against said 'company'

Regards

BB

If a company is being used as a device to commit fraud - i.e. to receive payment for goods with the intention of moving the money out of the company and then letting it go insolvent - the responsible individuals can be sued personally.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

We've also been left with no bags but paid him money.

It's been already over 6 months since he visited us and no samples or bags have arrived.

I know that another company that dealt with them is actually taking on a solicitor to deal with him.

i also know from facebook that this guy is buying himself new flats and cars.

If you can advise what can be done in such situation that would be great.

We've paid him by bacs so i do have a proof etc

- and obviously the invoice and some email correspondence.

hope to hear from you soon

• 6 months later...

The same thing has happened to us.

Matt Lynas and Paul Savage have taken over £3000 and we have seen nothing from an order placed over 9 months ago.

Our order was taken after the business went into dissolution - is this not fraud in itself?

He is a professional conman and has done this with a number of companies

- he has now already moved onto a new company Fair Utilities Ltd

so no doubt is about to do the same thing to more innocent people.

For starters would suggest reporting him to Trading Standards.

Is there not any limit to how many times one person can do this to a business they are director of?

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Hi and welcome to CAG

According to the Companies House website, the luxury bag and box ltd was dissolved two days ago (1st)

As for fair utilities, Matt Lynas has resigned as a director and (based on dates of birth) his father is running the business now.

I would report them to Trading Standards. As for getting your money back, I'm afraid I have no clue as it was a limited company.

The same thing has happened to us. Matt Lynas and Paul Savage have taken over £3000 and we have seen nothing from an order placed over 9 months ago. Our order was taken after the business went into dissolution - is this not fraud in itself? He is a professional conman and has done this with a number of companies - he has now already moved onto a new company Fair Utilities Ltd so no doubt is about to do the same thing to more innocent people. For starters would suggest reporting him to Trading Standards. Is there not any limit to how many times one person can do this to a business they are director of? Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

My answer to this is the same answer I gave to the other poster back in February.

You do have an option. Your option is to sue this man, personally (not his dissolved company), through the county courts. You can start a claim through the government's money claim online service.

The legal basis for your claim would be the 'tort of deceit', also known as civil fraud (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort_of_deceit). You would need to prove that the person you dealt with caused you to part with your money by making a representation, which he knew to be false. If this person accepted an order from you and sent you an order confirmation, knowing full well that the bags would never be delivered and that the business was not operating legitimately, then this person will be personally liable for that fraud whether or not he took the money through a company.

It is worth making a complaint to Trading Standards, but this is very unlikely to result in you getting your money back. If you want to ever see that money again, I think you need to go through court. Issuing a claim is quite easy to do and you do not necessarily need to use a solicitor.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I own a small flower shop in London and myself paid a hefty deposit for bags and delivery boxes to the Luxury bag and boc co Ltd.

I did have alot of discussions over phone and email as well as a few quotes and the final invoice which I paid against. They also sent me various bag samples.

Of course they (Paul Savage and Matt Lynas) told me only bacs was there payment terms. Now I know why. Bacs is like paying cash, the banks can not protect bacs payments at all. If it were cheque or card they could of helped.

The same as your friend all the numbers now never answer, the emails are ignored and now as of the 1st of September the Limited company has been official dissolved by Company house.

I am wondering if your friend did retrieve any money back? Or if she is still trying to? I would love to join forces in getting our money back....

I am wondering if your friend did retrieve any money back? Or if she is still trying to? I would love to join forces in getting our money back....

If you would like to get your money back by bringing a claim against this person through the county courts, we can help you do that. If you want to consider doing this please start a new thread in the "General Legal Issues" forum giving the full backstory.

A pressure group can be great for providing support, but our experience on CAG has been that you will struggle to get your money back that way. Ultimately, the best way of holding these people to account is for individuals to bring county court claims against this person to get their money back.

Would it be worth grouping together to at least approach trading standards/reporting them as individuals to stop them doing this to others or get them struck off?

This is the route I am looking at...

Strength in numbers, and more likely to be taken seriously or investigated?

Hope it's ok to post this

- Just as a heads up to anyone that has dealt with this company

- a case is being brought against Matthew Lynas and Paul Savage of Luxury Bag and box Co by West Mercia Police

- so if anyone had information they would like to be considered,

best to contact them with details

. It seems enough businesses have reported fraud for it to warrant investigating.

Hope that might help those of you that have been conned by these guys. Good luck

• 8 months later...
Hope it's ok to post this - Just as a heads up to anyone that has dealt with this company - a case is being brought against Matthew Lynas and Paul Savage of Luxury Bag and box Co by West Mercia Police - so if anyone had information they would like to be considered, best to contact them with details. It seems enough businesses have reported fraud for it to warrant investigating. Hope that might help those of you that have been conned by these guys. Good luck

Thanks for the update, very kind of you. Yes my friend was conned out of a couple of grand.

May I ask how you have come by this information.

Do you have a contact name etc at W.M.Police?

Regards

West Mercia can bring a case against these conn men, but then where is that going to lead to and also how is it going to help people get their money back?

• 10 months later...