• Tweets

• Hi Slick   I am not as experienced as you is there any thing in sar that i can identify. It does not state £2.5k debt in sar. It mentions new add ons.
    • So long story short.   I had a number of re-occurring loans with Unclebuck, I made a complaint in regards to my latest one back in 2019, got to an agreement to remove default markings and charges etc and just pay the principal. Didn't pay the outstanding amount due to personal reasons, being put on Furlough was one of them.   Saw that Unclebuck went into administration, made a redress application a couple of weeks ago, got awarded £807 for previous loans (not the latest one). So I contacted the administration to confirm they would pay the redress amount towards my outstanding balance, but they said they cannot do so?   How is that fair? I get they they can't pay me any cash, but surely they should be able to write off the current outstanding amount, it has to work both ways right? This was the latest response I got, so far no reply from their solicitor yet.   "Whilst I note your comments concerning your desire to set off Redress due in respect of unaffordable loans against your current loan that was not eligible for Redress, unfortunately the Administration precludes the position of set off until the Administrator makes a declaration under Rule 14.29 of the Insolvency Rules 2016. This declaration has not been made by the Administrators and will not be made as there is no distribution or intended dividend to be made to creditors in this particular Administration. Whilst I sympathise with your position, you will appreciate that the Administrators are governed by statute and cannot contract out of it.   I promise to speak to our solicitors to see if there is any room for manoeuvre on this matter and will come back to you afterwards, however I feel that it is unlikely. As you will appreciate making an exception for you may open the Administrators to claims from other customers in a similar position to yourself and indeed from other customers that do not have the benefit of another loan to set their Redress off against."   And to further add to it, I got an email today saying they transferred the loan to a collection field agency "Conexus Recovery and Field Services Ltd "  
    • Airline group IAG's call comes as it posts a huge annual loss after the pandemic grounded many flights. View the full article
    • Well as you're implying, UB, you're going to sign a better trade deal with a large economic bloc than with a small one, aren't you?   I don't think there's any chance of any deal based on a 'special relationship' while Biden's in the White House, but as I said I think Trump would have stitched us up in the end anyway.
    • Atleast 7 years, but they have already done some of the work. I think Liam Fox started this a few years ago.   My guess is that it will take 3 to 4 years before a proper trade deal is signed. There might be a mini trade deal before then limited to a few sectors.   The issue for the Brexit supporters might be when the EU and US sign a trade deal, before there is a UK/US deal. And when this finally happens UK only obtains same deal as EU. There is no reason for US to agree better terms with the UK and they would not do so  because US sees UK as part of Europe.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Jobsearch over Christmas & New Year

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2248 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Most of us will now have finished with signing on until the New Year (thank goodness too!). Just wanted to remind everyone to keep doing jobsearch over Christmas and New Year and don't give the JC any excuse to say you didn't look for work during this period - I'm sure they're hoping to catch loads out when we start signing again next year.

It's a pain to do but as we're paid for these weeks then technically we're obliged to meet the criteria and look for work too, so make sure you cover yourself over the holiday period with enough evidence.

I'm using CV-Library and Reed, clicking on a couple of jobs per day - including Christmas Day and New Year's Day - so the JC can't claim I 'took a break from job hunting' over Christmas.

Cover yourselves at all times :)

I concur with this. I am on ESA at the moment so exempt but have advised my clients at the local work club NOT to get caught out thinking it is a free for all as JCP will be looking for anyone that has not complied over the Xmas period. As jasta says, a simple 5 minute a day one click application on a few jobs to cover yourself and you are fine. DO NOT give them the excuse to ruin the start to 2015. No doubt work coaches will be advised to up their sanctions in the new year by catching people out.

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep doing jobsearch over Christmas and New Year and don't give the JC any excuse to say you didn't look for work during this period

Don't forget, if your JSAg or Claimant Commitment states "check UJM daily" or requires job applications to be made every day, some jobsworth will try to raise a benefit doubt if you miss Christmas or Boxing day. Whilst the vast majority of people will be off work for the holidays, the DWP do not expect the unemployed to have time off to enjoy themselves.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Enjoy the month off signing! Spare an Xmas thought as you log on for 2mins to UJM in your little jimmyjams for those of us who have to do MWA EVERY DAY except Christmas/Boxing Day!!!

I got a min.wage job last week to avoid the slave labour 9-5 placement 3hrs round trip from my home, but because my job is zero hours contract and they can only commit to 3 hours this week, unknown amount next week (but certainly less than 16hrs) then if I want to get ANY money before my first paycheck at end of Jan, I must keep signing on, jobsearching AND going to this MWA cluster***k!

Pity poor Tiny Tim as you enjoy your "free" money ;)

Enjoy the month off signing! Spare an Xmas thought as you log on for 2mins to UJM in your little jimmyjams for those of us who have to do MWA EVERY DAY except Christmas/Boxing Day!!!

I got a min.wage job last week to avoid the slave labour 9-5 placement 3hrs round trip from my home, but because my job is zero hours contract and they can only commit to 3 hours this week, unknown amount next week (but certainly less than 16hrs) then if I want to get ANY money before my first paycheck at end of Jan, I must keep signing on, jobsearching AND going to this MWA cluster***k!

Pity poor Tiny Tim as you enjoy your "free" money ;)

Look, I know it's the season of goodwill and all, but...don't make any more posts like this.

Sorry you have to work over Xmas.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sorry you have to work over Xmas.

Working over Christmas does have its advantages. While at work, you don't have to have the heating on at home for one.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Ye just even a job a day on your UJM or paper etc to prove your job search over the Xmas/new year period.

If you have to sign in to your UJM account everyday make sure u do as the job centre will know if u have or not as I have seen when I gone to sign on it's up on there screen the last time and date u signed into your account.

I know it's festive season but the JCP couldn't care less about that when your a sign on person

IN activity log state "Daily Jobsearch"

Then screen print with the new addition to the activity log showing.

Do this daily and night before print the latest screen print showing the daily job searches in the activity log

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I do it in a similar way; log in, create a new 'Search' and this gets listed in the 'Activities' section and dated too. Do it each day, print the page out after 2 weeks - job done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little bump for this thread as it's now 2015 and a whole new year of dealing with the wonderful JC looms..

If you've been excused signing over the Christmas break, make sure your jobsearch evidence is enough to cover you. JC managers will be telling their staff to pounce on anyone who doesn't show any jobsearch over the holiday period, so don't be one of those caught out.

Let's all enjoy the disappointed looks on the faces of the advisers as we show them we've complied totally with our JS Agreement/Claimant Commitment. :)