Part order received-Cancellation rights?

Surfer01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 14th October at the NEC show we ordered an 300 caravan air awning and an electric air pump together and paid for them upfront by CC. On the 15th October we changed the order to order a bigger awning plus some extras and keeping the electric pump.

We received the awning within days however we have not received the electric pump and most of the extras. We were told the extras would be with us mid November, which then became beginning December, then mid december and now mid January 2015! We have waited for more than a reasonable amount of time.

We erected the awning to try it out within days of delivery. As we need the electric pump to set it up and one of the extras to prevent condensation we have not been able to use it since.

We are tired of waiting and wish to return the awnings and the other item received with it. Can we do this under the Consumer Contracts Regulations as none of the items are custom made and altogether cost us over £1100?

Send them a letter by recorded delivery informing them that time is of the essence and if you do not receive the remaining items on the order within seven days that you will return all the items you have so far and reject the contract without any further notice to them.

Tell them that in that event you would expect them to refund you but if they will not then you will take the matter up with your bank under section 75 of the consumer credit act and have the money refunded that way.

When you send the items of make sure that they are beautifully packed – but before you do that make sure everything is photographed so that there is no argument about the condition. Photograph the contents and then photograph the packaging and make sure that it is all sent off correctly packaged and insured. If you want to claim the costs of these, then you will have to claim them directly from your supplier.

The only thing we have unpacked is the caravan awning which was the most expensive part. As they have not fulfilled the contract, then surely it is their responsibility to collect once I have them a Letter of Cancellation? The awning weighs over 20kgs so will not be cheap to send back.

We do understand that it is the manufacturer that has badly let down the supplier as we are not the only one in this situation. Apparently all the stuff comes from China. Until recently we were under the impression that it was a British company manufacturing the awning in Britain not realising that they had contracted a firm in China to manufacture the awning. The other concern is of course if a fault develops will it take several months for the problem to be rectified?

It would certainly be their responsibility to pay any expenses. You could insist on them collecitng it but that is likely to complicate matters. Best to get it back to them and claim losses if you can

Thanks for the above reply. I am having a bad run of luck with suppliers at the moment. I cancelled another order with another supplier prior to despatch, but they still sent it and charged me the full postal fee of £4 for a part order with a value of less than £7 (tablets for the dog). Not worth sending back due to value of consigment.

On yet another order I inquired about next day delivery for items with a value of £13 and was told the cost was nearly £10. I declined this and proceeded with the transaction for the tablets however on checking the confirmation email received this morning they had charged me the £10 for next day delivery and for an amount that I had not authorised on my debit card. the items arrived this morning so not time to dispute it. I have emailed them, but no response.