• Tweets

• ok so there are 2 letters in one envelope PPS saying account passed to legal team and the one attached any guidance on next steps gratefully received
    • so tell us about the event and when you got the original NTK as this isnt it. What time did you enter the land? did you buy a ticket and then top up with the one you have illustrated or something else?   If it is local to you can you show us some images of the signage there plus the blurb on the payment machine itself, the latter is most important as that is what the contract is if the wording is different to the signs around the place.
    • Hi   QQ; I tried the IRL claim in September 2018 and Mr Lender rejected it, I tried again yesterday and they have said they are not willing to re-open the investigation and that they will post a copy of their letter from September 2018.   I understand you need to go to the FOS within 6 months if you are not happy with a complaint outcome, however, as this is some 15 months ago that time has passed.   My question is; how do I go about re-opening this complaint so that I can now send to the FOS?  am I stuck because I didn't do anything about it within the 6 month time frame?   Thanks 
    • At the moment you have the evidence they are in the wrong and arent actually sure they are chasing the right person legally speaking.   Now if their original NTK  was sent it should contain any photographic evidence they have of the event and if that shows peoploe sitting in ther car then it means there was no breach of the conditions BUT if you appeal, ask them for evidence etc you may well drop yourself in it so my advice is to sit tight and let them waste their money chasing you.   If you feel yo need to contact anyone then get on to ESSO's  people and point out that one of their concessions is busy breaking the law in the way they are allowing random people to photograph the occupants of their customer's vehicles and that you will be interested to knwo what they think of unregulated snappers photographing children without permission and would they like it if you sent someone round to do the same to them?   basically you are trying to embarrass them into taking action as the garage isnt owned by them but they do have a lot of clout and can put the place out of business with a snap of the fingers if they wish. gte details of the owners of the actual site and if Esso wont act you go after them and point out that they have employed a bunch of bandits who are breaking the law and that you are inclined to sue the  for the breaches as the parking co are merely their agents.   The last peopel you wnat to contact is the parking co as they are ignorant liars and bullies. Save  what you have until the very last moment and hit them hard at that point as they wont be able to change their story or play with their evidence at that juncture.   None of this will necessarily be a quick fix though and that is another thing the parking co's rely on, your desire to end this quickly. Peopel pay up because they " dont want the hassle" rather than because they are in the wrong. Very few parking co's get everything right so the number of proper legit cliams they can make is probably around 2% of the ones they shove out
    • A number of already existing PD loans that she has an arrangement to pay with and she's taken this one out - as the saying goes robbing peter to pay paul!
  • Our picks

Cookerunit

so called refurbished HP Envy from PC world

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1797 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just taken delivery of a so called refurbished HP Envy from PC world . Guess what? YES its faulty .

A rather obvious fault no sound at all .

I emailed them no response

then I phoned them a long wait to no avail

I then phoned the sales dept and pretended to buy something.

Instant answer ( no surprise there) they put me thro to the relevant department

after a very long wait they said they would collect it for repair turnaround 7 working days .

There is no way I was having a refurbished PC repaired

I was passed on to the Helpline another long wait I asked them to phone me back .

Up to now no phone call .

Its going back and as I promised I would leave a tale my experiences on as many websites as possible.

DO NOT BUY A REFURBISHED PC FROM PC WORLD.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Saved nothing loads of lost time followed by a terrible customer service.

I feel I have been lied to and cheated.

In fact I have. BE WARNED They are liars.

own thread created

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Why don't you go into a PC World store & ask to speak to a Manager. As by ringing & emailing them all you get is what I call "non answers from unknown sources".

So I would take the HP Envy with you so you can show what the issue is & tell him your not happy & that you want him to help you sort this out.

If you get no joy.

Then contact PC World Head Office.

Maylands Avenue,

Hemel Hempstead,

HP2 7TG,

And/Or Email DSG (covers all Companies inc PC World) CEO.

sebastian.james@dixonscarphonegroup.com

I hope you get this sorted.

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Hi cookerunit

Welcome to CAG

How did you order? How did you pay? Credit Card / Debit Card?

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

I would defiantly go back to the store. They can't ignore you there.

hi just a quick one

apparently there is something becoming a bit of a known issue on some of these laptops

try removing windows update KB2962407

(windows 8)

windows key + w

type update

click view installed updates

if that ones in there right click it and uninstal

i have heard something on this and will have to check if that doesnt work

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi

Thanks Its actually a desktop. When I take the audio cord off the motherboard and reconnect it then reboot the sound works for a while sometimes I get a horrible screeching sound . Then when I reboot again no sound it works for a while then goes off . Its stopped all together now. I've have no reply from HP customer care after trying for 3 days ( the name itself is a joke) To get thro to PC world I pretended to buy a HP envy they told me they are refurbed by HP then they said they were out of stock when I told them I was not having a it repaired and wanted it replaced they claimed they had no stock. I had just put two of them in my pretend sales basket. The story then changed again and they admitted they had stock , they now tell me they will replace it. I'm not confident. at all. They have shown themselves to put it mildly as a bunch of liars. . Ill keep this thread going and see what happens. One thing is certain with PC WORLD if you cant get thro with a problem phone the sales line they will answer right away. Thanks for your help.....

How did you order? How did you pay? Credit Card / Debit Card?

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

AS its refurbished the stores don't deal with it so I am lead to believe. Any way its only a week since I bought it why should I be calling round stores to solve a clumsy problem like this . If they were committed at all to customer care it should be sorted after one phone call. The don't give a damn. I phoned again and pretended to buy one and someone I hope is sorting it out now I had to lie and pretend I was buying one. I should not have to stoop to these depths They then put me thro to the right department. Its being replaced not fixed I hope . All this hassle It wasn't cheap enough for that Thanks for your help .. I will be writing to head office . The problem probably start at the top. I'll get no joy .. I just want what I paid for. Who is the name on the email. I may forward him my emails to customer care.

Hi

Thanks Its actually a desktop. When I take the audio cord off the motherboard and reconnect it then reboot the sound works for a while sometimes I get a horrible screeching sound . Then when I reboot again no sound it works for a while then goes off . Its stopped all together now. I've have no reply from HP customer care after trying for 3 days ( the name itself is a joke) To get thro to PC world I pretended to buy a HP envy they told me they are refurbed by HP then they said they were out of stock when I told them I was not having a it repaired and wanted it replaced they claimed they had no stock. I had just put two of them in my pretend sales basket. The story then changed again and they admitted they had stock , they now tell me they will replace it. I'm not confident. at all. They have shown themselves to put it mildly as a bunch of liars. . Ill keep this thread going and see what happens. One thing is certain with PC WORLD if you cant get thro with a problem phone the sales line they will answer right away. Thanks for your help.....

Sorry forgot they did the envy desktops as well as laptops

not heard of any issues with the envy desktops, the only similar thing ive heard of is the touchsmarts having crackling and popping noises on sound and thats down to wifi driver errors

good luck with it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: