• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

F&F Settlement Help

Saint2K
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

This may sound like a silly question, but, I have come into a small amount of money, and wish to pay off some of my smaller outstanding debt balances, £120 here, £210 there etc.

Having several creditors, and therefore several DCA representing them, I would prefer to make payment direct to the original creditor as opposed to the DCA.

Does anyone have any idea of the best way of doing this? I don't want to phone them, and then make payment over the phone.

I'd prefer to do this in writing. So could I just write to the original creditor and say, I want to settle the debt, provide me with a giro slip? :/

Or should I go about this differently? I want to make sure the debt is firmly settled, and that my credit file is marked as satisfied etc.

Appreciate your thoughts! :)

HI,

If any of the debts have been sold to a DCA then you will have to deal with them. If the DCA are collecting on behalf of the original creditor then that is another matter and you can go to the OC although they may direct you to the DCA.

Have you thought about doing a Full and Final settlement?

By doing so you can offer a lesser amount than the full debt and see if they will accept this. A lot of DCA's will.

The conditions of this in your case would be that they accept the payment as F&F and that they will not sell on any remaing balance.

That they mark your credit file as "fully satisfied" or if it is near the 6 year mark, to remove it entirely.

You must get this in writing otherwise they will renege and flog the remainder on.

Stating the obvious but make sure you send all letters RD

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silver,

I have thought doing a F&FS on a few of the debts, but was concerned about potential come back from the creditor.

I've posted a question on this F&FS thread here.

I might rejig the F&FS template letter to suit my needs and post back up on here for feedback.

There are some minor amounts I just wish to pay, without F&FS. Do you think it is safe to simply pay using the giro slip attached to the DCA letter?

I assume if I pay the o/s shown on the letter via giro, then the debt is cleared?

Thanks!

Doing an F&F is a perfectly legitimate way of settling debts. All the creditor can do is say no but will more likely negotiate. Have a low and high figure in mind when you start the negotiations. Okay, it will take a little longer but so long as you keep the money separate and don't spend it, you should be ok

Using a third party is a good way to go (even if it is your partner)

With the minor amounts then yes you can pay with the giro slip but make sure you get a receipt. If you do it at the original creditors bank (which should show on the giro slip) that is good too as it is credited directly

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi Silver,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you pay a GIRO at the receiving bank, even if you're not a customer?

I was thinking it might be better to write to the DCA/Creditor, attach a cheque, and clearly indicate that I am wanting to clear the outstanding balance, ensuring the creditor/DCA is under no illusion that I want the debt marked as settled on my credit file.

When I was paying Lowells (I know, stooopid !!!) I paid using the giro slip at the bottom of their letters or picked one up in branch.

So long as the slip has their sort code, account number and your reference on it, it should be ok.

If you use the giro slip on the letter, hand the whole letter over and the counter staff will stamp the letter and give you the letter back. This is your receipt. Keep it safe.

PS, Yes you can use their bank if you are not a customer

Edited by silverfox1961
added a bit

Just thinking about this a little more..... is there actually any harm in paying the DCA if they are representing the OC?

Surely the DCA will just credit this to the OC, then close their files?

Or am I being completely naive? :)

If the DCA are collecting on behalf of the OC then it is ok to pay them. They will then take their cut from it before passing on the rest to the OC.

Just a thought though. Before you send anyone anything, it would be good to get them to say, in writing, that they will put "satisfied" on your credit file before you part with a penny

• 4 months later...

What sort of account are you talking about ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

A short settlement to the best of my knowledge would show on your CRA

Say you owed £1000 and you paid £500 in short settlement, it would clear the debt but on your CRA it would show settled, but with a short settlement marker, as you didn't pay the full £1000 ie Owed £1000 paid £500 - settled

A full and final settlement would show on the CRA that you have paid the full £1000 even though you didn't actually and no marker. ie Owed £1000 paid £1000 - settled

Or in other words you met your responsibilities in full, and didn't get a discount etc

If I have understood it properly. But I maybe wrong.

Please BE AWARE to keep there all the corresponding regading as they wake up later again asking the same account. It happend to me by barclay as I setteled their account after a 1yrs Wseton wrote me and damand the remaider of the account.

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

Please BE AWARE to keep there all the corresponding regading as they wake up later again asking the same account. It happend to me by barclay as I setteled their account after a 1yrs Wseton wrote me and damand the remaider of the account.

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

• 4 years later...

Hello.

I have four outstanding defaulted debts

(2x Credit Card, 1x Loan and 1x Bank Overdraft)

which I have been repaying on a self managed debt management plan since 2006.

The remaining balance is around £25K though originally was about £40K.

The defaulted accounts have all dropped off my credit file and

my credit history is now fairly decent though I continue to repay these debts at a pro-rata rate every month.

I have been through the mill over the years with the various creditors and debt management agencies.

I have reclaimed PPI,

sent CCA requests and Subject Access Requests and exhausted most avenues.

I do owe all these debts and intend to repay what I owe.

However,

I now wish to get a mortgage and

a family member has said they will help me clear the remaining debts,

so that there is nothing outstanding.

I therefore wish to go down the route of F&F and would like a little advice before I do so.

Firstly, what % in the pound should I be looking at offering?

One creditor (Egg/Apex) already made a previous offer of 31% around twelve months prior.

My thoughts are to aim for around 15% to 20%?

Also, I've seen some threads on here that suggest the wording of the F&F letter be water tight

to ensure if accepted that the debt is truly regarded as being settled.

I notice the template F&F letter on the site is fairly basic,

does anyone have any recommendations on the content of the letter?

Is it important to emphasize that it will be a family member making the payment?

Appreciate your help.

so the CCA were deemed enforceable

I cant believe that people are offering discounts if all is ok with those debts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so the CCA were deemed enforceable

I cant believe that people are offering discounts if all is ok with those debts

dx

It's been a long time since I reviewed the standing and legality of the CCA

however the issue is that these debts exist irrespective of whether they are enforceable in court.

A mortgage lender won't want to accept the risk of providing me with finance

and I can't exactly sit there and say

"Oh, a percentage may not be enforceable, but I'm not sure and it may take a court case to prove that either way."

Having these debts, which I continue to repay each month, will likely, from the research I have undertaken,

impact my ability to secure a mortgage.

I guess there is also the concern that I would now own an asset which might be quite appealing for the creditors

to then take action to secure against my new property.

Even if two out of the four creditors cannot provide, what would be deemed, at least from advice on here, an enforceable CCA,

I'm not sure it's worth the hassle or risk to try and secure a mortgage on that basis.

The only way I will get a clean break that I can see is by settling the debts with low F&F offers

and to be honest it is the "right" thing to do considering I do owe the money,

albeit I have been through the mill with these creditors and debt management companies.

rubbish if they are not on your cra file

you don't tell the mortgage company.

just done some serious work on merging your +80 threads down to a manageable level

merging those on the same debts together.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

rubbish if they are not on your cra file

you don't tell the mortgage company.

just done some serious work on merging you +80 threads down to a manageable level

merging those on the same debts together.

They may no longer be on my CRA but the monthly payments are clearly shown on my bank statement to which I will need to explain to any mortgage lender.

I also do not want to lie to a mortgage lender as I assume this would be seen as fraud.

I cannot ignore the fact there are outstanding debts and I know at least one of the four has an enforceable CCA it also happens to be the largest debt at around £14K.

It has since been sold off to Apex which is why I assume they swooped in with a 30% offer of F&F as they no doubt bought the debt of Egg for far less.

If I decide to proceed down the route of F&F. I know that two of the creditors are the "legal" owners of the debt as I have letters from the original creditors confirming this fact. So I will make my offers directly to them.

The other two debts are being managed by DCA. Would I approach the original creditor or legal owner of the debt and bypass the DCA or would the DCA have authority to act in this matter?

Thanks. Those threads are likely to be over four years old as I rarely post on CAG since I've not had any call for advice or support up until now.

I'd restart the CCA process again to everyone you pay

barring bank accounts.

I admire your stance

if someone is offering a discount 9/10 theres something wrong with the debt .

go find it.

don't take what is being said as criticism, the idea behind cag is to question everything........

dx

and they

I'd restart the CCA process again to everyone you pay

barring bank accounts.

I admire your stance

if someone is offering a discount 9/10 theres something wrong with the debt .

go find it.

don't take what is being said as criticism, the idea behind cag is to question everything........

dx

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and I agree,

I could probably fight some of the outstanding debt and win,

but I think I'd prefer a clean slate,

if they are willing to accept the lower F&F amounts then I look at this as being a 'draw'.

Securing a mortgage and having to worry about all the other associated costs is a hassle in itself

on top of then having to fight, challenge and deal with creditors etc.

I'll look into the CCA requests. Am I correct in my thoughts around who I should approach when offering F&F?

Also, if I draft a letter, it would be great to get feedback on it if I post it up on the thread.

I seem to recall that as as family member is willing to settle the debt,

that this makes the F&F that more legally binding, is that correct?

its not quite assimple as offering a settlement and hoping its done.

whos to say you pay has the authority to state its dead and the remainder can never be chased.

if the debt is still with the OC then you might have a chance

if its with a DCA/debt buyer theres no stopping them selling the remainder on and continuing what sadly I suspect

is an on boing cash cowing exercise on many fronts to sadly keep the statute barring date being reset.

the last point to remember is you'll stil have to run the gauntlet of the mortgage provider

and their acceptance that the debt 'is' really dead..............

eitherway you'll get ripped of and referred to sub prime lenders.

hence the comment about if its not on your CRA file...you keep quiet.

my neighbour did this

and has now wiped off 74% of the debt he was sweating about that he had

he just kept quiet and didn't tell the mortgage provide

and deal with each one after the deal was signed.

he though he owed £27k

turned out after all the CCA requests/reclaiming it was actually less than £4k.

your call.

dx

and they