My Fathers DLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All I am posting on behalf of my parents , my father in particular, he is 79 and gets DLA mobility component only, he has done since he was in his late 40s, he has menieres disease, I would like to know as my parents are reluctant to make any changes or new claims. they do not get any other benefits at all, and as my father has got older his needs have changed and he needs more care, they are frightened he will lose his DLA even though he has been told he has been awarded it indefinitely. My mum also has a heart condition and has bad hips, I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice on what they could claim, my dad has a small pension and gets state pension, my mum has 2 small pensions and she gets the state pension, they get £20 off a year from their community charge , because my father had a downstairs toilet put in a number of years ago. thank you for your help.

I will try and find someone who can help, meanwhile you might want to have a look at the calculator in the link below to see what further help your Parents could receive.

http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou?gclid=CPGQ3ufcyMICFQXnwgodS2YAmg

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

It sounds like you might find it helpful to speak to someone at the Citizens Advice bureau also, who might be able to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If your dad has care needs now, he can request that DLA care is looked at. After 65, he can't make a new claim for mobility; but can make a new claim for care as he was receiving DLA before 65.

If your mum is over 65 and has care needs, she may be able entitled to attendance allowance. (AA)

Age UK are very good on benefits and will even visit people in their own homes. http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/claiming-benefits/

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please let us know how you get on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Someone I know has menieres amongst other things. She got DLA at the middle rate and lower rate mobility.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.