• Tweets

• No I've not sent it. I'll hang fire until you advise me again. I understand everything you've said about Marquis, you've expressed my feelings exactly. I've been on forums, review sites and been blocked from posting on their Facebook site. I know that my claim is against them alone. I have no connection with Global insurance whatever, they provide GAP insurance/Asset protection which Marquis sells to customers, that's as much as I know about them. I kept the paperwork with the offer of insurance that I was given. This last reply from them has made me quite angry actually as I feel as if they are taking us for fools.   Thanks again for your help.l'll wait for your further advice before I do anything else.
    • That's great news, well done you.   HB
    • I thought I didn't until this year but it's painfully obvious that we definitely are NOT 'all in this together' and the rules are not simple at all.  Take for example the rule about table service, does this apply in places like MacDonalds where waiter service doesn't exist and it's OK to go up to the counter to order a takeaway?  According to a govt minister on the radio this morning it does - maybe/sort of/couldn't actually answer.  For those who can choose the Savoy Grill over such places it isn't an issue, for the vast majority it is and it's an example of how they don't think when making the law/rules/guidance.  It's all just the fault of the public for catching the disease if they dare to venture out - as they were told to do.
    • Heres the sort of justifications Handcock uses for his actions and blaming the victims of his failures:   "I've even heard stories of people saying 'I'm going on holiday next week therefore I'm going to go get a test'. No. That's not what the testing system is there for."   Not science, not even claims of personal experience, Nothing more than a claim of hearsay regarding a few people allegedly wanting to get tested before they go somewhere   - actually seems pretty responsible to me to want to be sure you aren't going to spread COVID - shame that Handcocks actually claimed test capacity is a vastly overstated pile of lies
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Cabot court form \ CCA already requested don't have

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So they sent me a court form today from Northampton, I've already cca'd them and they admit they don't have it, what's my next move, the court form came after the CCA was acknowledged as not being present, it may be a cross over but I dont want to ignore it.

What should I do next? Acknowledge service? Or defend.

Hi Naxxas,

What is the start date of the agreement?

Also as a claim has been issued it may be wise to ask a MOD to move the thread to legals, where it will be more likely to get the attention required.

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

start date for the agreement?

you mean the original debt?

it statute barred,

but I haven't gone done that route yet..

I CCa'd them,

they responded saying they don't have it but hope to have it within 40 days LOL,

well past the 14 I gave them

..just wondering whats best to do at this stage.

I've already cca'd them and they admit they don't have it

does this not preclude court action?

it should stop action, but they seem a bit clueless... so im wondering what to do next.

start date for the agreement?you mean the original debt?it statute barred, but I haven't gone done that route yet.. I CCa'd them, they responded saying they don't have it but hope to have it within 40 days LOL, well past the 14 I gave them..just wondering whats best to do at this stage.

I only ask the date of the original agreement as whether it is pre. or post April 2007 in very important.

That having been said if you are SURE this is SB then I would forget the CCA request as it is irrelevant.

Your defence would be SB as this trumps all else.

NOS :-D

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

Acknowledge the claim and state that you are defending in full.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thread moved to Financial Legal Issues as claim has been issued

please read and answer the following as fully as possible

You MUST abide by the court timeline

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**%282-Viewing%29-nbsp

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.