Claim form - Cabot for Old Lloyds TSB Loan

Madge67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bingo!! (I think) Thank you Ford - do I just continue with my defence then on this basis. ? I don't need to contact Cabot or Restons again do I?

Gosh I'm getting nervous

Madge

xx

Part of your defence should say that they have failed to comply with your s78 request and have confirmed that they do not have this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

once you submit a defence, they then have 28 days to respond to the court to continue or not. if they dont respond in any way in that time then it will be auto stayed.

Great thanks for that Ford. I'm going to start working on my defence tonight. Would it be okay for me to pop it up here and someone give it a look over for me please before I submit it. Ill see if I can find anything I can use as a rough guide on the success thread

Regards

Madge

Gosh If you guys can get me through this I'll come round and take you all out for a pint - my head is swimming.

I'll deffo be donating that's for sure.

In the meantime Ive had a go at putting together a defence

- please don't laugh its probably terrible but I haven't a clue where to start.

I did find a similar thread in the successes and used that as a template

but tweaking it as I went along

- please let me know what you think but be gentle with me,

I'm a sensitive soul

Particulars of Claim

1.The Claimant claims payment of £7XXX.05 the overdue balance due from the Defendant under a Contract between the Defendant and the Lloyds Bank unsecured loan.

2.This debt was Assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited on 18/07/2014

3. Particulars of Claim:

Lloyds Bank Loan A/C XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

12/11/2014 DEFAULT BALANCE 7XXX.05 Post Refri Cr NIL Total 7486.05

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature.

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had financial dealings with Lloyds.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served last year from either the Claimant or Lloyds Bank

4.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant,

the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77/78 request, copies of the documents referred to within the Claimants particulars

to establish what the claim is for.

To date the Claimant has failed to comply to my section 77/78 request and their solicitors, Restons, have stated in relation to my 31:14 request

that they are under no obligation to disclose any documentation on which the claim is based.

6. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the consumer creditwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAAIALAAAAAASAAoAAAg2AAUIHEiwoMGDCAUGWBiAIMOGDiMKgKhwIMSHGC9WbEjR4sSPIDM+rEiSZMeOExk6VJmwpcCAADs= Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

tweaked it a bit

see what andyorch says first

you have till 4pm Friday

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Particulars of Claim

1.The Claimant claims payment of £7XXX.05 the overdue balance due from the Defendant under a Contract between the Defendant and the Lloydsicon Bank unsecured loan.

2.This debt was Assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited on 18/07/2014

3. Particulars of Claim:

Lloyds Bank Loan A/C XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

12/11/2014 DEFAULT BALANCE 7XXX.05 Post Refri Cr NIL Total 7486.05

Proposed Defence

1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted and accepted I have in the past had financial dealings with Lloyds.I do not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant who is unable to comply.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served last year from either the Claimant or Lloyds Bank

4.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant,

the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14,and remains in default of my section 77 request, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77/78 request, copies of the documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for.

To date the Claimant has failed to comply to my section 77/78 request and their solicitors, Restons, have stated in relation to my 31:14 request that they are under no obligation to disclose any documentation on which the claim is based.

6. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Just a few alterations Madge...check and edit to suit.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Nothings happened ...its stayed Madge..I assume you received notification from Northampton that they received your defence and forwarded it to the claimant?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy - I've just checked on-line and it says:

Your defence was submitted on 09/01/2015 at 11:37:59

Your defence was received on 09/01/2015 at 14:00:50

Restons wrote to me on 03/02/15 to say they had received the defence and they were awaiting copies of the necessary documents and will endeavour to provide them as soon as they are in receipt of the same.

What now Andy?

Madge

that's what rectums always say themselves

when people defend and they chanced their arm trying to get a speculative claim

turned into a default judgement..

..what do we do now...???

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Andy - I've just checked on-line and it says:

Your defence was submitted on 09/01/2015 at 11:37:59

Your defence was received on 09/01/2015 at 14:00:50

Restons wrote to me on 03/02/15 to say they had received the defence and they were awaiting copies of the necessary documents and will endeavour to provide them as soon as they are in receipt of the same.

What now Andy?

Madge

So you never received acknowledgment from Northampton ?

Well they have 28 days to respond from receipt...if they fail its stayed...if they did respond you would have recieved a Directions Questionnaire which transfers the claim to your local county court...as you haven't.... then It must be stayed.

Andy