Nat West - Lost Agreement

andrewthegreat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter from Natwest today. Basically they have misplaced my CCA about 4 years ago and I haven't paid them anything since. Today the letter was worded differently and basically said that I am "still required to pay what I owe", they sent an income/expenditure form and if I don't liaise with them they will take further action.

Can you anyone give advice? They have already confirmed it is unenforceable through the courts and have never done anything apart from sending a statement every 6 months. Have things changed, what are my options? Will they chase me forever or will the debt maybe get written off after a number of years?

Thanks for your help...fantastic website.

Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome to CAG :-)

As you say, if they have no documentation then this is unenforceable in court. When was the account taken out? If before April 2007 then they would need the original to enforce but if after that date then they may be able to rely on reconstituted documents to enforce.

Regardless of that, there is of course still a debt due and there is still a moral obligation to pay.

If they say they cannot enforce then it would be interesting to see what "further action" they intend to take.