fwog

Work trying to get rid of me after knee op. *Settled Out Of Tribunal*

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1483 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

you are getting medical evidence *after* your hearing?

You had nothing on the day saying you were fit for work?

I was discharged from the pension companies pay scheme, they were happy to let me go back to work.

I had a 'Fit To Work' note from my GP, he examined me and was happy to let me go back to work.

I had a letter from the consultant surgeon stating he'd put 'no restrictions ' on my return to work

......so this is just to underline the point at the tribunal.

ok, had me worried there!!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You won't need it yet, but start researching a possible expert witness. Perhaps your consultant? It needs to be somebody willing to withstand cross examination.

In disability cases a simple medical report won't be enough.

The onus will be on you to know this.

You won't need it yet, but start researching a possible expert witness. Perhaps your consultant? It needs to be somebody willing to withstand cross examination.

In disability cases a simple medical report won't be enough.

The onus will be on you to know this.

Hi Pusillanimous,

I've looked into it, I have an expert witness who is very willing to give his expert opinion (he stated their assessment was 'absolute rubbish' ) I just cant afford to do it. I've got a quote of £3k for the whole thing, plus ,if I lose, they can claim cost from me. Bit crest fallen :(

They can only claim costs if you were unreasonable in bringing the case.

£3K is high. It's such a shame when you've been treated so unfairly.

They can only claim costs if you were unreasonable in bringing the case.

£3K is high. It's such a shame when you've been treated so unfairly.

Thanks Pusillanimous. It 'times out' in a week. Im just going to have to leave it there. :(

the other area I found was Employment exchange;- refused to pay me back pay as the employer backed out at the last minute days before Tribunal hearing, and admitted they did not have a case for unfair dismissal:- asked if I wanted to go back with them = I said No after all this fuss in the last 6 MONTHS, so they paid out Max £5,000 in those days, then I was told by a Barrister oh! dear forgot to ask for our fees from them - too late now, so I lost out as taken from the funds before I got them.

Then low and behold I went to tribunal with job centre for back pay and at the beginning of the case the Job Centre offered half of entitlement, I said no, so the case went ahead = end result they LOST, and had to pay me in full??? great result>??NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Under section this that and the other minus this & that, and guess what I lost out big time only got £145.88 - when I worked it out should of been £580.90+, and If I did not agree I could take it to a Tribunal (Hang on we just came from it), See what happens!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well, I continued and they made an offer , which was refused. Its still to go to trial, early next year, but Im getting help and hopefully, it will resolve sooner rather than later.

Well, I continued and they made an offer , which was refused. Its still to go to trial, early next year, but Im getting help and hopefully, it will resolve sooner rather than later.

We are all right behind you, fwog. Your treatment was appalling.

Just for people who need some hope.

They settled out of court,prior to trial, satisfactorily.

Keep the faith.

• Haha 1

Good to hear. Thank you for the update.

Providing no confidentiality clauses are broken can you elaborate any more.?

Have updated your title to reflect outcome

=D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well done for hanging on in there and thank you for letting us know. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Years ago whilst working for a large department store, one of the elderly employees was in hospital after major operation, the local Store Director sent personnel to see him and gave him his cards i.e. end of employment, being shop steward I contacted union rep a local one, and they took the Department store to court/tribunal etc, the store Stated that he would be unable to work again due to his circumstances?

As everybody fell off their seats after this comment, it was Brought to their attention his is now employed as a Court Usher!

How stupid to turn up and not have facts. They lost and paid maximum payout etc and all relevant cost!

Funny shortly after that I was sacked with the poorest excuse, and I took them to tribunal and they pulled out at the last minute and paid out the stupid small maximum compensation./ was £5,000 in those days/.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: