Deposit and payment of rent not being returned by M&W Lettings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to add that as soon as I posted on this forum Jon called me asking me to take my comments down.

Why don't someone from M&W register so they can respond to the complaints directly on the forum. If you have a legitimate reason why these funds haven't been returned, then please come and say so.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no legitimate reason why so many customers are not getting their money back, they are not doing their duty as an agent and are illegally withholding money. That's why Jon would prefer to call as he thinks no one will find out.

Conniff, cant really see them doing that, if it is going to be subject of any investigation or potential charges!

From what's been posted, there is no legitimate excuse for not returning deposits or forwarding rent!!

They may prevaricate and come up with all sorts of reasons as has also been mentioned.

Why don't someone from M&W register so they can respond to the complaints directly on the forum. If you have a legitimate reason why these funds haven't been returned, then please come and say so.

I believe Jon is registered here. He posted a few times in this thread's predecessor, but nothing since September. 'Last activity' is listed as 06/01/15, so I assume he is probably be logging in now and again to see what's being said here.

It may be too late but I would still advise those owed any monies to contact Companies House about the company being dissolved and object if they owe money as it is an outstanding debt that companies house may be unaware of.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Compliments of Viktor Navorski

Further to bentilly's post,

Striking off application by a company 12-01-2015

M&W PROPERTY CONSULTANTS LTD 08522837 Registered Address: Lavender Cottage Hazelden Farm, Marden Road, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 2LP

Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08522837/x/companies-house-docs?latest=true&utm_source=watchalert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newdocs

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Just Found this Forum and thread, can't believe there are so many in the same boat as us. We are owed a £1,500 deposit as the tenant did a runner and owes rent and money for dilapidations. Also been given the run around by LS & JC.

Yes we contacted Companies House stating that they owe debt and are illegally withholding funds - you have 3 months from the date 12th January, so if any one else has outstanding payment please contact them as soon as possible via email/letter.

I have just been made aware of this situation with M&W Property Consultants.

I am a tenant and back in August recived a letter from My Deposits stating that M & W Residential Lettings membership was being cancelled.

I contacted the Paddock Wood branch where I my letting was arranged

was told by Lucy that it was all a mistake and I would get a letter to confirm this.

I never heard anything and had since noticed in November that the office had disappeared.

I contacted My Deposits this month to find out that my deposit was not covered

and have since tried to get in contact with the company.

I have spoken to my Landlord and they were completely unaware of the situation.

I called the Hastings office and spoke to Jon who was rude and brusk.

He insisted it was nothing to do with him and that I had to speak to Lucy.

Having now read all these threads I am extremely worried I will never get my deposit back

and completely shocked by their behaviour.

I am not sure how I stand legally as a tenant.

Can anyone advise?

As a tenant, you are guaranteed to get your deposit back.... The Landlord is responsible for it, not any agency, so if you come to leave, your Landlord is the one who has to return it, and it is up to him/her to claim it back off these cowboys....

So don't worry. It also means that your LL cannot serve you a section 21 notice until it is either protected or returned to you.

• Confused 1

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

OK, so I'm not entirely sure what to make of this,

but according to the Companies House WebCheck

"M&W Property Consultants Ltd." (Company No. 08522837)

is no longer registered at LS's home address,

but is now (as of 28/01/15)

registered at the same address as JC's "M&W Sales & Lettings (St. Leonards) Ltd." (Company No. 09082292),

albeit with a different postcode (TN37 6AE, as opposed to TN37 6AU).

If you require the London Gazette information on M&W PROPERTY CONSULTANTS LTD do the following:

1. Go to this London Gazette link: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/notice?text=M%26W+PROPERTY+CONSULTANTS+LTD

2. Now on the above link you want to view the very first Publication Date 9th December 2014 titled The London Gazette, Supplement 824967, Page 1068 and click the View Page (Note on clicking 'View Page' it takes you to the page but Automatically Downloads the PDF of the Gazette page)

3. Once you have the PDF open it and you will see two columns of companies listed, Look near the bottom of the left hand column and you will see 3 listings for above company.

For Information on the Company in the previous post:

Your can find this at this link: https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/08522837

On that link if you go down the Webpage to Recent filings for M&W PROPERTY CONSULTANTS LTD, you can click on the different recent filings by date and get more information i.e. Filing Date, Filing Code, Description etc.

You can also click on the Directors/Officers and get more info and remember to view the entire webpage.

Edited by stu007

who told you that bentilley ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Caggers

Does anyone have any further information or an update of their progress with this so far?

REMEMBER:

1. If you are receiving telephone calls, DO NOT RESPOND BUT ENSURE YOU RECORD THE CALL and REPORT TO THE POLICE.

2. If you are receiving EMAILS, DO NOT RESPOND BUT KEEP A COPY OF THE EMAIL and REPORT TO THE POLICE.

3. If you are concerned about posting on thread you can contact a Site Team member by Private Message (PM).

I have never commented on here as too busy in the property business. I am a landlord. I have never had an issue with lucy slys team and always been paid. Gave her two more instructions this week. Dangerous these forums. But, if you have issues what a great medium where you can moan to each other................amazing.

Sorry........what did you say....family?????

Whilst you lot on here are talking primarily nonsense, i am dealing.

Please continue on here. Makes it easier for me.

My comments are neutral.

Not for lip sevice.

Speak as i find.

Totally unconnected in every possible way to any company i comment on.

Does not really help anyone; not advice just an opinion!

If as you say you are neutral, were you not put off by the comments above and make you think twice, most uninvolved people would be, or at least investigate a bit further before dealing.

So if you have any evidence, such as deposits protected, contracts honoured, best to say nothing or we might just think you are a bit biased!

Interesting posts Gallery.

Given that the office in Paddock Wood is closed, the website is down, the domain name is for sale and the amount of people on here that are owed either rent, deposits or both from LS, how are you dealing with her? Where exactly is she advertising for you and most importantly, how is she protecting your deposits?

It may be a help if you could provide more information to back up your claims.

Thanks

• Haha 1

Ray, why do i have to give advice, yes, its an opinion.

Viktor, glad you are interested. Cell phones all work, no overhead.

If all that i have read on here was true there would be 6 year sentences handed out.

Because all you people do is bleat instead of realising what has gone on you wont get anywhere.

Get real gents, its not a holiday company, its not bernie madoff, there are trading problems yes, but, only since this forum started, strange that.

I am in for the long hall, a serious investor, if you cant stand the heat............i have more than enough work with my wife to keep LS going, or should i tell her to drop company, work for me on a contract and post nonsense with the rest of you.........smell the coffee.