Expedion/ANPR 'fake draft' court claim received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am seeking some advice on what to do

after receiving a parking notice from anpr in September 2013.

Periodically I have received letter after letter,

threats of debt collection agencies and

now I have the threat to take to court letter.

When I initially received the notification I searched on line and saw advice after advice was to ignore ignore, which I did,

therefore I have no appeal codes etc.

The company wanted me to pay £100 for liquidated damages for their breach of contract to the landowner.

Having received this threat of court now,

I am once more confused and anxious over what to do ,

should I continue to ignore or should I be doing something to stop this getting any further.

would they take me to court if I continued to ignore them?

it is so frustrating as I didn't know that I was doing anything wrong,

the signage said free if you were in the building,

as far as I was concerned I was in the building that the car park was attached to,

at a kids party,

as were others in the same group,

strangely 2 of us got the tickets yet a 3rd didn't - same venue, same car park.

All the car parks around this area are privately ran,

but apparently the one I was in was not for the building I was in.

thanks to anyone that can offer any help.

when was the ticket?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

with it being that age

I'd ignore them.

is it from ANPR or the DCA?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

with it being that age

I'd ignore them.

is it from ANPR or the DCA?

dx

It is a letter from a company called Expedion ltd.

the letter opens with our client (Anpr) has instructed this firm to file your case and others in the Northampton county court

....signed by a Patrick Crossley,

Also is a statement by a Jason Hughes - presumably he who put the ticket on my car

, the draft court papers and a copy of the sign that was in the car park.

Does anyone know how often these things do go to court ?

Blooming car got written off a few months ago anyway so doesn't even exist anymore !

sorry you mean they've pulled the fake court papers stunt

can you scan them up please

this is bad news for them if they have.

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

Is this letter headed "Letter Before Action" giving you 14 days to respond ????

Or is it the usual " May; Might; Could" garbage that they send out.

Bear in mind it's Christmas and they need money to fund the Christmas Party

No , it has no heading to the letter other than their reference number , the end of the letter says (Patrick) would appreciate me giving him a call to discuss before he submits this case which should be in around 14 days.

Expedian are ANPR.

Ignore them...

But if they are still using the fake court papers, then some complaints should be made.

Post up as dx suggests please.

Expedion and Patrick Crossley? Look them up,

I use a wesite called duedil to check otu companies house data.

You will soon see that there is a very close relationship between the supposed debt collectors and ANPR

and guess who is director of both?

Also look up the leading lights of the BPA. He really should know better.

It is an offence to send out fake court papers with the intention to coerce intimidate or mislead.

By writing "draft" on them they will probably claim that they are merely offering you advice or some such nonsense

but I would be copying the paperwork and sending it to the Clerk of Court, Northampton County Court and your local Trading standards Office.

I would also send a copy to the BPA and ask them what sanctions they apply to their members who deliberately break the law.

and they

Note that it says "fee for trespass"

Are they claiming for breach of contract (where GPEOL will apply), or for trespass, where they would have to show locus standii ("place to stand" in court, as there are limited circumstances where a company, not being the land owner / occupier, can claim for trespass)

If they filed using those particulars of claim it shouldn't be too hard to defeat them .......

as with the other linked thread

you need to report them to northants.

dx

and they

On the leaflet it says "free parking whilst in premises". Can they prove that you weren't using the premises at the time? I very much doubt it...

Was "Jason Hughes" really present on the day in question and can he accurately recall a specific car being parked in a car park back in September of 2013? Probably not, if he had that kind of impressive eidetic memory I'm sure he wouldn't be working as a car park attendant, he'd be on "Eggheads" or "The Chase". Does anyone called Jason Hughes even work there? I doubt it. It's the same copy & paste BS that they send to everyone to scare them into paying up. By sending you "draft" claim forms, they're sailing really close to the wind of abuse of court processes, and can land in serious trouble if someone chose to pull them up over it.

Ignoring these kind of notices was the standard advice given before October 2012 when the Protection of Freedoms Act came into force. Since we're well past the stage of using POPLA, just continue to ignore them unless you receive a genuine STAMPED claim form.

If ANPR was to issue proceedings based on this tosh then they would be inviting any self-respecting District Judge to equip them with a new vent.

Patrick Crossley claims not to be employed by ANPR but his fellow director at Expedion - Peter McCormick most certainly is - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/petermccormick1. One has to ask oneself why they want to appear to be distanced from ANPR? And one limited company issuing proceedings in the name of a second limited company who lacked any valid contract at the relevant time for trespass (amongst other things)? Methinks that has all the aerodynamic qualities of a concrete glider.

The author of these papers - or at least what passes for the controlling mind behind them - will undoubtedly be Trevor "Our Trev" Whitehouse and as a consequence I would not be unduly concerned. Nor would I be investing any of my valuable time in calling them - free national dialling or not.

I see that the so-called court papers have the word "copy" on them. I would have thought that the use of that word would imply that real papers have been issued and this is a copy of them. If the court paper had just said something like "draft" then that would have implied that ANPR were thinking of issuing them. So Trev has shot himself in the foot (yet again).

Thank you to everyone who has responded, it is infuriating that this practice continues, I note that ANPR have been known as Athena ANPR etc in past, it really shouldn't be allowed to intimidate people in this way, although they say they are not, that is exactly what they are doing, what I don't understand either is I have had only one letter from the "debt collection" agency and that was months ago, so long that I thought it was the end of the matter. Why has this "debt" not escalated sooner?! hmmmm the underhand tactics makes me so cross. :-(

I received a letter that's almost identical to OP this morning. My plan is to ignore it again. As far as I know there's a different company operating the car park now... I wonder why. The stupid thing is that the car park is free for customers - you show them the ticket and they give you the cash back. So how they can claim loss of revenue of £100 plus costs is crazy