style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm having problems with vodafone at the moment trying to Bill me £190.86 for getting a replacement of a brand new iPhone 6 plus that didn't work straight out of the box!

I ordered the phone online on the pre order date on the 12th September and I got an email on the 19th September to say it was going to be delivered that day.

I was on holiday in America when the package arrived but my parents were there to accept the delivery and just put it in my bedroom for when I got home on the 29th September onlyl or me to find it didn't work!

I contacted vodafone customer service imidietly who informed me that they would get a new one sent out to me next day but never mentioned anything about charges or a 7 day returns policy so I presumed eventing would be fine and I would just be charged the £220 for the phone upfront and my usual Monthly bill, but Instead I got a bill through for £547!

Cut a long story short Ive made 3 calls to Vodafone about this and everytime someone just says you didn't return it within 7 days so you have to pay the repair bill!? Surely that would be covered under apples warranty!

The advisors I've spoken to just say I need to wait for a text within 48 hours confirming if the extra charge will be dropped and it doesn't happen!

Reading vodafones returns policy online it says

"How do I return a faulty product?

We’ll help you sort out any faulty product as long as:

You bought it from us

It has a genuine fault

If the fault’s covered by a manufacturer's warranty, fixing it will be free."

Never mentions anything about 7 days and neither does any other section in there returns policy! They all say 14 days!

Many Thanks in advance!

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Elliot

If you had taken the iPhone to an apple store they probably would have done a straight swap with it. I had the same sort of issue but 3 months into a contract with o2.

The iPhone randomly powered off, so I took it to Apple who literally swapped it like for like and advised its covered under Apple's warranty.

If the phone wasn't working when you first opened the box, it's likely that it would be covered by Apple's warranty.

Richard

yes they often do

however that negates your rights under SOGA with the retailer

which trumps any warranty everytime and is not timelimited.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Richard

I did call apple technical support that same day to see if it was a glitch that could be sorted over the phone by rebooting it when plugged into the computer but unfortunately that didn't help so I said about bringing it into Apple for a replacement under warranty but told me they couldn't and I needed to return it to vodafone.

Hi Elliot

If you had taken the iPhone to an apple store they probably would have done a straight swap with it. I had the same sort of issue but 3 months into a contract with o2.

The iPhone randomly powered off, so I took it to Apple who literally swapped it like for like and advised its covered under Apple's warranty.

If the phone wasn't working when you first opened the box, it's likely that it would be covered by Apple's warranty.

Richard

Sorry Richard I probably should have mentioned I contacted apples when I posted it last night!

Thank you though

Oh wow that's strange!

Sorry to give you some useless information, I just thought I'd share what experience I had to see if it could help you.

dx100uk Yup you're right, ignore me! :)